Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-08-10, 01:34 AM  
naturallove

Angry Are you freaking kidding me? Copy of my review?

I am IRATE! Some idiot on collage copied my thoughts on Lalofit 2 WORD for WORD. Couldn't they be bothered to come up with their own thoughts on a workout? Compare my review on 12-29 to a collage review posted on 1-4. I know it might not seem like a big deal, but I don't like someone completely lifting what I wrote on VF and putting it on another site. Should I contact collage?
naturallove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-10, 01:46 AM  
lissalaurel76

Yes, I'd contact collage. It's documented (and time stamped) when you posted that, & I'm sure they don't want VF members to be upset that they allowed somebody to post a review that wasn't their own. 1 upset VFer can mean a whole community of upset VFers.
Old 01-08-10, 01:55 AM  
Taiga

Someone may post to say that imitation is flattery blah blah blah but IMHO that person crossed a line. Maybe they just got excited or agreed with you and wanted to share but forgot to think how intrusive and annoying it might seem to the person who actually did the work. To sign your name to someone else's review is juvenile either way. Since so many people visit both boards, I'm surprised "Nat" thought it could be pulled off without notice. Duh.
Old 01-08-10, 02:04 AM  
RedPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by lissalaurel76 View Post
Yes, I'd contact collage. It's documented (and time stamped) when you posted that, & I'm sure they don't want VF members to be upset that they allowed somebody to post a review that wasn't their own. 1 upset VFer can mean a whole community of upset VFers.
Quite so. I'd contact Collage and have them delete the review from "Nat".
Old 01-08-10, 03:31 AM  
antbuko

What an odd thing for someone to do.
Old 01-08-10, 03:46 AM  
keilan00

That's so strange. They signed "Nat" which is a shortened version of Naturallove. That would suck if Collage has workers scour the internet for reviews and then post them on their website (purely speculation on my part).
keilan00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-10, 03:53 AM  
lissalaurel76

Quote:
Originally Posted by keilan00 View Post
That's so strange. They signed "Nat" which is a shortened version of Naturallove. That would suck if Collage has workers scour the internet for reviews and then post them on their website (purely speculation on my part).
oooooooooooo...... I never thought of that. That is CREEPY ! You know, we've had collage employees post here before stating this is one of the only sites they're allowed to view while at work. So, we know collage employees come here, so it's really not a stretch to imagine them using VF to advertise DVDs via review on their site, a snatch & grab ! oooooooooooo That is a GREAT conspiracy theory.

(not sayin' I believes it, but I likes it. ROFL Kinda fun to speculate this late at night/early in the morning)
Old 01-08-10, 04:15 AM  
jacs

I can't really imagine them doing that, especially as they must know that as a group we spend a lot of time scouring their site.

Very creepy for the OP to have this happen though.

J
jacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-10, 04:22 AM  
herya

Perhaps it's Lalo's PR team rather than Collage scouring the Internet for positive reviews and copying them to various websites for better overall score... Not nice!
Old 01-08-10, 04:48 AM  
RedPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by herya View Post
Perhaps it's Lalo's PR team rather than Collage scouring the Internet for positive reviews and copying them to various websites for better overall score... Not nice!
That theory sounds more plausible... but still creepy.

Tags
collage video, lalo fuentes, reviews