Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-05-20, 01:15 PM  
furmomof6

Hello,

Faithful Workouts: Peaceful Flow & Stretch

I forgot how nice Michelle's flow workouts can be - slow moving, a little work and lots of stretching. It felt good! I didn't walk today because it was threatening rain all day. It hasn't really rained yet, but it's so hot and humid.

Donna, that's exciting for your DD! Is she looking forward to getting her license? I hope your day is going better.

Dana, that's great! Our salons are opening soon too.

Carol, sounds like you will be busy this month. The test wasn't bad, you will do fine! Definitely bring something to stay busy.

Waves to everyone!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-20, 08:17 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Friday's workouts were:

Pahla B - Weight Loss Over 50 - Day 9 - 20 minutes; Walk - 25 minutes

This may have been my favorite of Pahla's workouts to date! It was a ladder cardio/weight workout - she called it a "step stool" workout. All of the moves were weighted. You did move #1 for 15 seconds, took a 15 second rest, then did move #1 and move #2 each for 15 seconds, took a 15 second rest, then did move 1, 2, and 3 each for 15 seconds, then took a 15 second rest. You repeated each block two times. There were 3 different step stool intervals in all. I was sweating pretty good by the end. Used my 2 lb weights.

Yesterday was a bit of a disaster diet-wise. We had a leadership party on the breezeway at school at noon, complete with snacks and drinks of the alcoholic variety. We did appropriately social distance. I drank half of my drink and ate a bunch of junk. Oh well, today is another day.

Christine - Thanks! I will definitely take a book and my crochet. I figure I will have to sit in my car, because they won't let me sit inside anywhere because of the virus. Hoping it is not too hot.

Donna - What an interesting "road" test! For a while in Texas there was this rule that if a child took a driver's ed course from a licensed provider they did not have to take any kind of road test, just the written test. After a few years they changed that to having to take a regular road test, regardless. I think they decided that we had too many people driving who had no idea what they were doing. Of course, even after reinstating the road test requirement, we have too many people driving who have no idea what they are doing. Sorry your day was stressful!

Dana - Yea for a visit to the hair stylist! Texas - of course - opened those up about a month ago. I went the first day they were open - it made me nervous though - I was already 8 weeks overdue for a haircut and going crazy!

Waves to Cheri, Brenda and Linda!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-20, 12:52 PM  
donnamp

Hi,

This morning's workout was:

Jenny Ford - Step Across America South Carolina
Trifecta Pilates - Principles of Pilates - 25 Min Breathing Practice

My day did improve yesterday and we had a Zoom happy hour for my last day. I start my new job Monday - eek -- it will be interesting learning everything remotely. I also am helping out at my old job until the end of the month.

Carol - I like the sound of that workout!

Christine - FW sounds very nice!

Hope everyone has a good day - very hot and humid here.

Surprisingly, returning my mom's cable equipment to Comcast was not a nightmare!

Take care,

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-20, 02:28 PM  
furmomof6

Hello,

Shaped by Faith S2: Step

I don't have a step, but that was fun! I did all the moves on the floor. It was a nice change of pace. It's extremely hot and humid today so, no walk.

Donna, that's so nice that they had a party for you! I'm glad your day got better, and that you had a nice time at night. I'm also happy to hear the cable return was easy!

Carol, that Pahla workout sounds fun. Glad you enjoyed it! I actually sat in the lab the whole time. They only had 8 chairs in there all around the perimeter so everyone was at least 6 feet apart. Anyone else waiting had to wait outside until it was their turn. After the first hour I was the only one there anyway, luckily. I'm hoping you'll have nice weather if you have to wait in the car!

Waves to everyone!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-20, 07:50 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were:

Pahla B - Weight Loss Over 50 - Day 10 - 22 minutes;
Pilates Nest - Gentle Neck Friendly Pilates - 16 minutes

Pahla's workout today was basically a walking workout - 5 minute warmup and cooldown, with 10 1 minute intervals comprised of 30 seconds of moderate walking, 20 seconds of faster walking and 10 seconds of jogging. It wasn't bad at all.

We are mowing the yard in a bit, so there will be no walking tonight.

Christine - I often do step workouts on the floor. I have a step, but I'm afraid I'm going to fall off the step and hurt myself. The nurse wasn't sure if I would be able to stay on the premises or have to wait in my car, so I'm preparing for the worst. I'll do it next Friday morning and just take a day of vacation - my boss is going to be out too, so that makes it easy for me to take a day.

Donna - I'm glad your day improved! I've been a few Zoom Happy Hours as well since this started. At least you don't have to worry about driving home drunk with a Zoom Happy Hour. You know, I have been pleasantly surprised by Pahla. I know you have done her for a long time. I've bought some of her programs over the years when she had sales, but I never would get around to doing them for some reason. Now I'm really enjoying the simplicity of what she does.

Waves to all ~

Carol
Old 06-06-20, 10:35 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

30 min. walk/read

I ended up doing some upper body strength yesterday, so I checked that box.

Happy weekend, everyone!

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-20, 07:53 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Modern Interval w/ Ellen for me this morning followed by a stretchy Pilates from Trifecta.

Jessica's Summer of Strength starts tomorrow - not sure if I will follow it or not or just keep doing what I'm doing which is some sort of loose collection of Pilates-Ellen-Cardio-Jessica V.

Carol - I do enjoy Pahla's workouts for their simplicity and I don't even mind her talking - it passes the time and she is very cheerful. Hope if you do have to stay in your car for the test that it isn't too hot!

Brenda - glad you checked the box!

Christine -it is hot and humid here, too. I'm going to have to do my walks later in the day when it is cooler - I like for DD to come with me and I know I won't be able to get her up early enough to do them, LOL!

Waves,

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-20, 08:14 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning,

Pahla's Low Impact Met Con 30min.
ePilates Core Challenge Day 6 (Core Cardio) 20min.

Pahla's workout was fine. Cardio segments alternated with weights. It was a good, low impact workout and time flew. I burned ~ 169 cals so not too bad. ePilates was another full body, quick-moving workout (thus called Cardio Core). This is one of my favorite workouts because it has it all: core, glutes, back, waist and upper body. Love this one! In 20 minutes, I burned 115 cals!

Feeling good today, but I really have to get serious about losing some weight. I dabble in it, but it's a half-hearted effort at best. I weighed myself this morning and it was shocking! Of course, I had some Chinese food yesterday and I tend to retain water for a day or 2 afterwards. I cook just about every day, but every now and then I just get sick of my own cooking and want someone else to do it for me.

I'm trying to decide if I want to continue with Pahla for another week or should I do a week of another low impact program. On one hand I'm getting really tired or Pahla's chatter but on the other, after a week of her low impact short workouts and consistent ePilates, I'm feeling good. My aches and pains are mostly gone now, so I may stay with this rotation for the rest of June.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone!
Old 06-07-20, 04:48 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was:

Pahla B - Weight Loss Over 50 - Day 11 - 23 minutes

This was a tough one for me - I was really sweating when I finished. Not sure if it was the workout, or the fact that I had spent much of the afternoon outside on the porch with the dogs in the heat. Although the time did go quickly, I was glad when it was done. The workout consisted of 30 second cardio intervals with a few intervals of ab work using a chair interspersed. After you had done all of the exercises twice, you moved to the chair for four ab exercises (30 second intervals of each one, with the entire circuit repeated twice.)

Tomorrow is cardio yoga and I'm trying to envision what that's going to look like.

Dana - I know what you mean about weight. Mine isn't good - heaviest I've ever been. I've done WW over the years, but their program has gotten stricter and pushes you into healthier food choices by penalizing you for eating things they consider unhealthy. Sometimes their points system just irritates me. For now, I am counting calories and it hasn't been too hard. Using an app called Lose It to do the tracking and it's very user friendly. I actually don't mind doing it. Pahla's workouts tend to fly by for me as well, and feeling good is a real bonus. Maybe you could just turn the sound down a bit. Although Pahla never shuts up, at least what she says is encouraging and generally relevant.

Donna - I like that workout of Ellen's a lot. I thought about Jessica's SOS rotation after I finished the Strong and Calm one, but it ended up looking tougher than I wanted right now.

Brenda - Good job!

Waves to Christine, Linda and Cheri.

Carol
Old 06-07-20, 05:24 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Hi Carol!

I am by far at my heaviest weight right now, and I'm not happy about how I feel. My BP isn't good and the extra weight I carry is beginning to affect my joints. I haven't had blood work done in about 2 years so I don't know if anything else is going on. I won't be getting a physical and labs until December and I'm hoping to lose some weight by then. Two years ago all was good, but I am 2 years older and about 10lb heavier now.

I did WW online years ago when they just had regular points system and I easily lost 22 lbs. I was motivated back then and that's the problem right now - I can't get myself motivated. I was thinking of joining WW again but I didn't like their Points Plus, Zero Points, Flex (?) programs and I actually prefer to count calories and keep an eye on my actual nutrition rather than "points".

I tried MFP, CarbManager and I joined Lose It few years ago, but I never tracked consistently on any of these sites and I know that's the key to losing weight.

I've decided to continue with Pahla for a while longer because other than her chatter, her workouts make me feel good rather than exhausted. I can tune her out.