Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-06-20, 09:55 PM  
Vantreesta

That's interesting. I've never heard of an app like that.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-20, 10:37 PM  
Vantreesta

No workout today. I spent a lot of time sitting on the floor with my laptop watching church and then updating my minutes challenge and spreadsheet and tonight I sat more comfy and updated my workout log while we watched Guardians of the Galaxy 2. My mom loved both of the Guardians movies and we watched them again in February. Really missing her.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 06-08-20, 01:35 PM  
Leonana

I'm starting Jessica Smith's Summer of Strength rotation. I did Walk Strong 3 Total Body today.

Vannie, sending hugs your way.
Old 06-08-20, 04:02 PM  
Vantreesta

Thank you, Sherry.

This morning after my chiro appt I ran 2.5 mi for wk5 day 1 even though it was already 83 degrees and sunny. Did my yoga under the tree again, mostly YfR with some variation and then some of Jill's foot exercises.

Old 06-09-20, 04:37 PM  
Vantreesta

Jari Slim & Lean was such a long workout I couldn't convince myself to jump rope after. That was my first time doing that one and I definitely went with light weights. Then I did Cathe's stretch with ball #1 from Total Muscle Stretching. It was okay. I didn't feel like the ball added that much.

Old 06-09-20, 06:06 PM  
MathTeacher

I have been a complete bum lately. My heart is just not in it. Hopefully I will find my way back soon.
Old 06-10-20, 08:09 AM  
Vantreesta

I'm considering keeping it really simple for July: bedtime at 11 and workout 5 days a week. I just cannot get to bed decent on a regular basis no matter how much I tell myself it's important and no matter how many times I read that it's critical for good health!

MT, I hope you find your mojo again. Maybe you need to give yourself permission to take a week off? Or just do totally fun stuff for a while?

Old 06-10-20, 11:23 AM  
Catahoula Cate

June is still way too busy for us. I keep thinking things will slow down. Maybe next week? I'm not meeting my water goals at all. I'm doing exercises but need to mix things up. I'm still not quite back from the lumbar aggravation I experienced in May. Future goal: I looked at my youtube playlist for exercise videos and I have 116 in the playlist. I need to go through them remove some. I have reduced my subscriptions to only two exercise channels. Guerilla Zen Fitness and Cori at Redefining Strength. Weather has been very cool. We were in the 40's this morning. Actually had to turn the heat on for a bit to take the chill out of the house. Places west of us have gotten A LOT snow recently so glad that is not us.

Vannie, looks like you are really getting in a nice variety of exercises in both video and running/walking.

Sherry, I admire your consistency with the Jessica routines. So nice that you've found something that really agrees with your body.

MT, Hope your mojo will come back soon. Even small steps can be rewarding.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-20, 11:07 PM  
Vantreesta

This morning I did the jump rope workout I skipped yesterday. It was another of the type I hate: jump 30 sec, hold a pose/stretch for 60 sec, rest 30 sec, repeat for 10 min. I'm skipping past anymore like that. What a waste of time. TurboFire Stretch 10 always feels good on my shoulders after jumping rope. Cleaned house today bc my dad will be here for a few days. I ran tonight after our last walk, 2.56 mi for wk5 day2 and usual YFR after. Oh yeah, did Kassandra day 22 before breakfast.

It was very windy today and nice temps. The wind died down some so it was great running weather tonight.

Old 06-11-20, 11:01 PM  
Vantreesta

This morning I did Kassandra day 23. We walked 3 1/2 mi after breakfast, the longest walk since before we went to AZ. I never got in any other workouts bc I had to finish cleaning and run to Walmart and GNC. We did get our other two walks in though. I won't try to workout while Dad is here, just the three walks a day. Cyric was so excited to see him!