Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-20, 08:03 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sandra, I found more info, and it does look like we have to call. I have reserved books through the online system, but I don't think those are available until after the library system reopens later this month.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-20, 09:25 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beth, my husband and I have had both of our Shingrex shots and we are glad we got them. Getting shingles can cause you to become seriously ill and can also cause permanent nerve pain so we are glad to have the protection of the vaccine. I had no problem from the shots other than a sore arm. My husband had one day of malaise right after the shot but he didn't care because getting shingles would have been far worse.
I'm surprised you didn't get your hair colored when you were at your hair appointment. Are you going to let your hair go gray?

Sandra, I'm laughing at what your niece said!
I also had the original shingles vaccine but when the new Shingrex came out my doctor advised me to get the new one since it was better so that's what I did.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-20, 11:15 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, I have never had my hair colored in a salon; I had it highlighted a handful of times. I used to dye it myself but haven't in almost 2 years. I didn't really make any kind of official decision about it other than I didn't feel like continuing to die it.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-20, 10:47 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Today is an unplanned rest day. I woke up at 2am and never went back to sleep.

Beth, you have saved a lot of money from not getting your hair colored over the years! If you haven't been in the habit of getting it colored, I wouldn't begin now.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-20, 04:19 PM  
cyana

Happy Week-end! I've mainly been walking, doing N.O. dumps, Essentrics hip cleaners, pranyama and lots of meditation (at least twice daily). I'm so happy to see summer veggies at the farmer's market - potatoes, summer squash, peppers and tomatoes - hooray! If anyone has any good summer squash recipes, please share. After I bought a boatload of squash, one of my vendors gave me a bag of squash, so my refrigerator now looks like The Great Squash Hoarder lives here!

Beth - I finally had a hair cut this week. No blow dry either - I was sent home with a deep conditioner on my hair, which was nice, as it feels very soft. I have to admit, I went back and forth as to whether I should go to the salon, but they're taking numerous measures to keep themselves and their clients safe.

Paine - I'm letting my color grow out. Right now my roots are out at least an inch. I'll see how I feel about things when it's time for my next cut and will decide whether to keep growing it out versus going back to color. I'm looking at it as an adventure.

Sandra - My library system has done a limited re-opening. My closest branch is still closed for extensive renovations with no word as to when it might re-open. Patrons aren't allowed inside the libraries yet, and there are several branches designated for curb drop off/pick-up. That's scary about your niece being held at gunpoint!!! I got a chuckle out of the "authentic self" conversation.

Carolyn - My dentist referred me to an oral surgeon and my nose got out of joint after I did an on-line chat with them, provided my information AND filled out their on-line documents and no one ever called to schedule my appointment. The other dentist I put myself on the waiting list with had at least a six month wait for new patients. I cringe to think what the wait is at this point, and I'm disappointed that I never heard a peep from them (even a "Hi, are you still interested and do you want us to keep you on the list" call would've been nice). Sadly, the tooth issue is secondary to a crown that wasn't done correctly, so even though I like my dentist as a person, I've lost confidence in having him doing any major work (I have another crown that didn't go smoothly). The way they do it here, the oral surgeon does the extraction and post and refers you back to your dentist to do the crown part of the implant. I don't know that I trust my dentist to do it correctly and that's going to be a lot of money - largely out of pocket. You're lucky to have a dentist that you like.

Anny - I hope you enjoyed your visit to the art gallery. I was happy to see that some of our museums and botanical gardens are re-opening.

Garrie - Sounds like you had another good trip to Goodwill. I would think this would be a great time to go since it sounds like many people decided to de-clutter and purge during their shelter in place time. My closest Goodwill stopped taking donations at one point, as they were running out of room to store them!

Linda - Hope all is well.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-20, 06:12 PM  
Anny

cyana the art gallery was great to visit again. An exhibition was on showing indigenous art works from Australia and the Pacific alongside 19th century Australian art and that was interesting. And I had a snack in the coffee shop and bought two books from the art gallery shop. Can you tell I am enjoying being out again? Lol!

Re grey hairs. I find it incredibly sexist but I work at a young university and it is easy to see how people put older women in, well, the ‘older basket’ and there can be more prejudice against older women than older men. Grey hair seems to signify the older. I know it’s horrible but it is definitely the way it is.

I started Jessica’s Summer of Strength. The plan is 5 days a week starting on a Monday but I started on a Saturday any way! I did Straight Up Strength though I didn’t go as heavy as Jessica.
Old 06-06-20, 08:18 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

I took advantage of our unusually cool weather (as well as being off work) and got in another XLAW this morning (about 2 hours). For

Today's Workout: I did Barefoot Fusion Sculpt from Jessica Smith's original Walk Strong set.

Paine: I should ask my doctor about getting the Shingrex vaccine even though I had the older version.

Anny: I do so much Jessica I should check into the Summer of Strength rotation.

Waving to all -- see you tomorrow at next week's check-in!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote