Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-20, 06:58 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Survived the night of storms! Now a beautiful morning!

Yesterday I did do chair yoga, managed to vacuum my house (first time in about two months - ugh! - this is beyond using the floor cleaning sheets), and washed my rugs and sheets - yay!

Today planning on working at the WRC, giving Gus a walk, putzing in my house and going to a birthday party tonight. First time doing something social in months!

Dede, If I didn't have my iPod waking me up for mornings at the WRC, I don't know what day it is either... Do you know where your spouse picked up the poison ivy in the backyard to be able to avoid that area? Sorry he's so miserable... There's a lot of local grocery stores closed near my neighborhood, but I've always gone to the suburb north of me to get groceries. Unfortunately, I got a taste of racism when I went to those local grocery stores when I moved here - being white got you a bit of rudeness from staff . Nothing horribly bad, but enough for me not to shop there. Yes! I'm enjoying my haircut!

Sherry, good to see you post here! How are you doing?

Laura, sorry your telemed appointment didn't go very well technically . I was wondering if I could telemed with my surgeon next week, but kind of glad to do this in the old fashioned office visit. I used a face mask that looped around my ears with a very non-bulky elastic band. She was able to cut around it without cutting the band.

Waves to all (from >6 feet apart)!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-20, 01:09 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It has been a strange day. It was cloudy and then it rained and then the sun came out while it was raining and now it's cloudy again, although I see sunshine coming down.

I went to get a routine blood test done and took the options of waiting in my car until they were ready for me. When I got in there, the woman was so aggravated with me because, in her words, they had called and called and called me and I hadn't answered. My phone never rang. But, I did get their text telling me they were ready. Then, I went to get my car inspected. I've been home since.

Anita - That makes sense as to what to wear when getting a haircut. We have some of those. I'm glad it turned into a beautiful day after the storms.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-20, 03:27 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Hi, Sherry. Thanks for the recommendations. I'd never heard of either of those ladies. I did see some practices that look like something I'd like to do.

I took DH to the clinic yesterday. They ended up taking us to the doctors' area instead. I think they were trying to keep people with covid symptoms away from everyone else. There were people there to see their doctors, but not as many as we usually see. DH ended up seeing his own primary doctor. He was supposed to see a PA, but his doctor waltzed in and said he told them he would take it instead.

They gave DH a shot and a 5-day script for steroids. Then the doctor warned him to watch his blood sugar, which DH already knew to do. So far, he's been keeping it down, but he only started the steroids today. I guess the shot didn't affect his blood sugar too much. He said he was already starting to get some relief from the itching.

Anita, he got it while removing a vine that was growing on the trunk of a tulip poplar tree. He didn't know what it was. He told his uncle all about it during a phone call, and the uncle asked him what the vine looked like. After DH described it, his uncle said he thought is was poison ivy. At first, DH didn't have too much trouble. But it spread a bit and got worse over time. DH said the vine stuck to the trunk like glue, so he had to work pretty hard to remove it. He and his uncle believe he was lucky it wasn't worse.

Laura, I get to go back to the clinic tomorrow for more blood work. They don't take appointments, so I can't wait in the car for them to call me. But I will know tomorrow to wait right inside the door for someone to come and take my temperature. I don't want to get yelled at again. We had rain off and on all morning, but I think it's gone now until Monday.

I hope Paula is okay and was just busy yesterday.

Today I did Chiseled Upper Body and my customized upper body routine. Chiseled uses light weights (no more than 10s) which is why I went ahead and did my own routine. And today I was able to up my weights for chest press (25s) and flys (20s). That's only for a simple set of 16 reps though. If I was doing a Cathe workout with a ton of reps, I'd have to go lower. But it's a new milestone for me. I'm almost up to what I was using before the shoulder injury. I also did the Sarah Beth yoga practice for today. It was hip openers, so I liked it better than the others I have done.

Waves to everyone! Enjoy the weekend.
Old 06-05-20, 08:17 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Sorry I didn't check in yesterday. Had a little scare yesterday. Had a mild fever, churninng stomach, head ache, joint aches, and general full body grunge. I went to bed about 5pm and didn't move until this morning. I'm feeling better today so guess it was a little food poisoning or a 24 hour bug. I didn't exercise this morning, just taking it a easy today.

The telemed appointment went well. I just called the office, they told me what to do and bingo, everything worked. I have to get some blood work done, have an appointment for that on Monday, and a 3D mamo which is scheduled for Tues.

Anita, glad the haircut appointment went without a hitch. Sounds like good planning at the salon. I'm also glad things are beginning to calm down around you.

Dede, So sorry to hear your DH has poison ivy or oak. Ouch! Those rashes can linger for a long while and make life just misterable. Hope the medication helps. You might want to check out Yoga with Kassandra on YouTube she has a series of 10 min. Morning Yoga practices and a series of 10 - 15 min evening yoga practices. I like her, she goes slow and steady like Adriene. I've only done a few Sarah Beth practices, for some reason she never really clicked with me.

Sherry, thanks for checking it. Stop by anytime.

Laura, the earthquate was a little one, we didn't get much movement here. Hope your hands are feeling better.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-20, 08:34 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I had a good time at my friend's birthday party - first time being social in about 3 months! Overall a good day - got a lot done at WRC, but got out early when done, walked Gus, found a turtle hatchling on our walk that unfortunately died in the street trying to make it to the pond, but saw another mom turtle laying eggs, mowed the lawn, showered and went to the party.

Today, planning another putzing day, but likely will be doing lots of weeding outside - beautiful sunny warm, but not humid day! I'll be hitting the grill also!

Laura, I'm sure I'll need pre-surgical blood tests and also likely a Covid-19 test before hip surgery. I don't have a cell phone to do these remote notifications - I get a lot of eye-rolling about that . I'll probably have to see a general practitioner also.

Dede, some of my friends have been to their doctor recently and the organization is very different from pre-covid-19 days. They have certain doctors in the clinics dealing with the covid-19 positives - they wear the super PPE set with plastic shields, N95 masks and full body coverage in plastic. They don't cross paths with other doctors seeing negatives but wearing masks, gloves and gowns. The staff work certain day shifts but don't cross paths with others - kind of like what we did at WRC grouping one set to work Wed-Sat, and the other set Sun-Tues. I'm glad your DH was able to see a doctor and get the drugs to help control this inflammation from the poison ivy.

Paula, I'm glad you're feeling a bit better today! Are they screening you for Covid-19 at your appointment? Thanks for reminding me to get my mammography appointment set up!

Waves to all (from >6 feet apart)!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-20, 05:31 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Paula, thanks for the Yoga with Kassandra suggestion. I checked her out, and there are some routines that look good. I'm amazed by how many instructors there are on YouTube that I've never heard of. I'm glad you are feeling better. That would be scary to have those symptoms.

Anita, they say people around here are still avoiding inpatient elective surgeries. They will do the outpatient ones, but some are still afraid they will catch the virus if they are in the hospital. DS has been coming home early each day because he runs out of work to do. That's because of the low census during the stay-at-home orders and now because people are staying away.

I did Sarah Beth's practice for the day which was balance poses. I didn't enjoy it very much. I believe tomorrow's final practice is restorative. I also did my shopping in the city today. I was going to go Wednesday, but they are calling for rain, possibly heavy. So I decided to do it today while the weather was still nice.

It's hot here. We were expecting it, but the heat kind of zapped me this afternoon.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend.
Old 06-06-20, 06:16 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

The days just keep slipping away. I find myself unmotivated to do things I should be doing like working on my blog and exercising, but I'm enjoying the creative journaling I'm doing. Plus, the printer I got for my birthday has stopped working and I've spent untold amounts of time trying to get it working again. I finally emailed Epson after going through their help page that didn't help. Plus, we did stuff around the house.

Last night, I finally had a training session with the woman who couldn't get Zoom to work. And, it went well. We'll meet again next Saturday.

Anita - It's good it's been so pretty there. Send it southeast! It has been hot here, but is supposed to cool down some in the coming days. It's fine that you don't have a smart phone because, in my experience, the peopel in the lab don't follow the procedures printed on their website. It will save you aggravation!

Dede - It's good your husband got seen and that he's doing pretty well. Hopefully, the diabetes issues will stay good/calm and the treatment will help the symptoms.

Paula - You are a Zoom expert now! Seriously, I'm glad it all went well. And now, you know you can do it.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-20, 08:05 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was my PT stretches, followed by Yoga with Adriene Total Body Stretch, then some balance poses on my own. DH and I went for a long walk in the marina.

Anita, after discussing it with my doctor yesterday she decided I didn't need a COVID 19 test, not enough COVID symptoms I guess.

DeeDee, glad Yoga with Kassandra appeals to you. I like her practices nearly as much as Adriene's. Hope your husband is feeling better and you son's work picks up soon.

Laura, thanks for the encouragment. I do know I can do Zoom now but I'm not inclinded to use it. Not sure why but it doesn't appeal to me as a regular thing. Stay cool. Hope you get your printer problems resolved.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote