Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-12-13, 01:04 PM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beth22 View Post
Omg same here! I just ordered it too! No clue what it is, but I seriously couldn't pass up this deal.

Damn you guys!! lol!
Me three! I couldn't resist!
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-13, 01:34 PM  
Getfit

I just ordered the set as a Christmas gift, at this price I can give these as gifts. Almost like when Oprah gave cars, I can give Met-Rx . This price is insane, I purchased it at full price minus the $25 coupon. I still never completed a full rotation but I have always thought the program was well thought out. I usually move quicker than the cast in the weighted workouts since they move to slow and I usually workout in the morning. Luckily for me, I participated in a focus group in May for Met-Rx and I was compensated $75 which softens the blow of this insane deal.
Old 10-12-13, 02:58 PM  
pumptmuscle

Quote:
Originally Posted by dela View Post
Exactly! At this price, it's just a bonus if I like it, it's totally worth $15 to be able to check out a set I was interested in. Funny, I found my old post about a year ago, where I almost pulled the trigger and bought it when it was $119 with a $25 off coupon.
I have to admit, as I was looking at the old posts trying to find more info on the system, I saw mention of the pricing back then. I felt a little uncomfortable reading the posts. There were those who paid over $100 more than it is now and were getting a nice deal (at the time). The original price is around the same as it is/was for other sets like Tapout, RKS, P90x, etc. Imagine getting any of those sets for $15 shipped...ever??

At least it helps me feel better knowing a lot of the original buyers can now get them for this insane price to give as gifts. There's no doubt the recipients of them will have no clue how much was paid for them. The good news is it'll be our little secret here

"We all have our own issues" - Lashaun Dale

"Hi, I'm Billy Blanks and welcome to Tae Bo" Billy Blanks - Tae Bo

** 50 time marathoner
** 15 time ultramarathoner (the longest was 40 miles)
** All time high scorer at Blast Billiards
pumptmuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-13, 07:25 PM  
dela

Quote:
Originally Posted by rad View Post
Price means nothing compared to value. You've very possibly used and benefited from D2S the most on this forum, which is priceless.
I could not agree more!
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-13, 10:39 PM  
rad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getfit View Post
Almost like when Oprah gave cars, I can give Met-Rx .
You will be a heroine.

Took a rest day yesterday after a 13-day run doing barre classes and Slim Series so today was Day #3 when it should have been Day #4. Since I won't give up the barre to do this rotation I thought it would be prudent for me to use the bands, which are offered as an option throughout the entire rotation, instead of weights which could do me in from over use. As I considered the band option more closely for my needs the band tutorial for each of the two circuit workouts moved into my radar. They're definitely a must watch because the camera does not stay on the band modifier all the time and the pace was a little quicker in the Circuit 2 than 1. Even with the band tutorial it took me an hour to get through two rounds of the circuit because I kept pausing my 9" DVD player at the gym to figure out the right resistance color band to use, and definitely needed all of them. Took good notes in the tracker so I don't have to go through this again and now have a good base level to work up from. Also noted in the tracker whether the band should be doubled or single so I don't fumble around as much in the future. All in all it was so worth the effort because the bands put a creative spin on the workout, particularly with the stability ball that was used so much in Circuit 2. The one-legged dead lift on the ball with the band stands out. Mucho fun. Also, the more than 100 ab reps felt really effective because they were spread out among the three rounds. Loving this program.
rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-13, 01:26 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

This thread is pure torture!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-13, 03:57 AM  
Dawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by beth22 View Post
Omg same here! I just ordered it too! No clue what it is, but I seriously couldn't pass up this deal.

Damn you guys!! lol!
Yep, me too!!!!
Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-13, 05:02 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
This thread is pure torture!
i think you should call customer service and point out the inconsistency. i'll bet they'd be able to send it to you.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-13, 07:32 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
i think you should call customer service and point out the inconsistency. i'll bet they'd be able to send it to you.
I'll try to give them a call tomorrow.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-13, 10:20 PM  
m42

I ordered. Le sigh
m42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
met-rx, met-rx 180, vitamin world