Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-08-10, 02:26 PM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
Donna~
My 2 favorites are 30MTF Muscle Definition and Weights.

Muscle Def is a quicker-paced "lighter weight" workout where upper body moves are the focus with lower body moves being the "rests".

Weights alternates weight moves and you can choose your "rests" (standing abs, low impact cardio, something else). This one really is a wealth of premixes and options!

ETA: I also happen to like KCMs accent. Not tacky at all. She comes across as charmingly tom-boyish and very real and down-to-earth.
These are the two I'm trying to decide between (wow, give me a minute and I'll fix that sentence ) and you may have answered my question. If Muscle Def is more upper body, is Weights more lower body? Or is it more balanced? I don't want the focus to be upper body (I've got PT exercises for that )
Old 09-08-10, 02:45 PM  
Boilergal

Weights splits the body parts: Weight workout #1 is Back, Legs, Chest. Weights #2 is Biceps, Triceps, Shoulders.

You have the option of doing "active rest" (cardio) or standing abs in between each section.

Muscle Definition consists of two complete workouts that hit everything in 30-40 minutes. I go just as heavy on this one as Weights. In fact, when I asked Kelly how to increase my strength, these are the two workouts that she recommended. This DVD also has premixes for each individual body part and an 11 minute ab section.

Hope this helps!
Wendy
Boilergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-10, 02:55 PM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

Well, yes and no. You explained it well, but now I think I need both
Old 09-08-10, 03:49 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilergal View Post
Weights splits the body parts: Weight workout #1 is Back, Legs, Chest. Weights #2 is Biceps, Triceps, Shoulders.

You have the option of doing "active rest" (cardio) or standing abs in between each section.

Muscle Definition consists of two complete workouts that hit everything in 30-40 minutes. I go just as heavy on this one as Weights. In fact, when I asked Kelly how to increase my strength, these are the two workouts that she recommended. This DVD also has premixes for each individual body part and an 11 minute ab section.

Hope this helps!
Wendy
What she said.

I do feel they both hit the upper and lower equally. Weights has the split workouts listed above (though there are a couple of full-body premixes).

Weights is often "presented" as KCMs "heavy weights" offering, while Muscle Def. as her new-version NYC...which is a lighter weight workout. But I actually do use the same weights for both of these...

I like them both....but the main difference is the way you set these up. Weights has those "active" rest options (standing core moves with a towel...lots of twisting type stuff; low-impact cardio).

Muscle Definition uses a step...but you don't *need* it.
I actually reach for MD most...but you can't go wrong with either, IMO.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kcm, kelly coffey meyer, kelly coffey-meyer