Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-07-10, 02:36 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Yes it's her accent. Luckily for me it doesn't bother me a bit as I love her workouts.
Accents sometimes bother me, and I definitely noticed Kelly's, but I got used to it quickly. It's not real strong as Jersey accents go. Just throwing in my opinion here so that people don't reject her out-of-hand for the accent ... and of course you can always watch a few clips to see whether/how much it would bother you.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-10, 03:49 PM  
donnamp

What a timely post! I have been eyeing Kelly's workouts, too. I kind of like the accent.

So...for someone brand new to Kelly, where to start? I'm thinking I'd like to start with two and go from there! Which two would be the best to start with? I'm looking for more strength training or circuits rather than cardio. Although, I can be enabled for cardio as well. If I like the ones I try, I'll end up with them all sometime, I'm sure!

Take care -

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-10, 03:57 PM  
alisoncooks

Donna~
My 2 favorites are 30MTF Muscle Definition and Weights.

Muscle Def is a quicker-paced "lighter weight" workout where upper body moves are the focus with lower body moves being the "rests".

Weights alternates weight moves and you can choose your "rests" (standing abs, low impact cardio, something else). This one really is a wealth of premixes and options!

The new one, Circuit Burn, has been getting high reviews, and if you like that "type", then you'll probably also like Bootcamp.....but I didn't care for those as much as the mainly weight workouts...

*hoping someone else chimes in b/c it's been a while since I've done a KCM...I don't wanna mislead...I think my above descriptions are accurate...

ETA: I also happen to like KCMs accent. Not tacky at all. She comes across as charmingly tom-boyish and very real and down-to-earth.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-10, 04:22 PM  
dela

I am brand new to Kelly, I bought the 2 new ones first, tried Power Sculpt first then immediately bought 3 more. So I bought Circuit Burn, Power Sculpt, NYC, Weights, and Muscle Definition. I have done all except Weights because it just shipped

I absolutely LOVE these, I love the 30 minute workouts for a really good but fast workout, and the longer ones, the time just flies by. I finally did Circuit Burn yesterday, I did the option that combines both 30 minute workouts, and it was fantastic, I loved the format (cardio, weights, boxing, and maybe more weights, I have a bad memory ), I was dripping sweat, and I appreciated the little breather between the segments, so it was challenging, but I never felt like I was going to die.

Power sculpt is just great too, it's light/medium weights with basically non stop moves for the 30 minutes, so you sweat a lot in this one too, and it definitely has a cardio effect.

Muscle Definition, although very good, for whatever reason I did not enjoy as much as Power Sculpt.

And the NYC is a longer dvd, under an hour, that was also a great lighter weight workout.

I had been doing a lot more heavy lifting (STS style) and was very much in need of a style change for a while, and Kelly has fit the bill perfectly.

Note: I hope I got all the names of the DVDs right, I think I'm pretty close.
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-10, 04:40 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

My favorite Kellys are Circuit Burn and Bootcamp, and they both happen to be cardio+weight circuits. OTOH, *all* her 30 Min to Fitness videos are excellent and intelligently-conceived in my opinion.

From her previous series, I like NYC the best and I think it's wonderful as well.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-10, 04:54 PM  
Boilergal

Donna, I'd go with Weights and Circuit Burn. There are TONS of premix options on Circuit Burn, so in addition to getting two circuit workouts, you can do a boxing-cardio only premix, etc.

If you like cardio, I *adore* Cardio Blast. You get a step workout, a plyo workout, and premixes that combine both.

Wendy
Boilergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-10, 05:41 PM  
donnamp

Thanks for the suggestions, it sounds like I really can't go wrong. When will Mary have a sale! LOL! Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-10, 06:44 PM  
Pascal

She isn't as intense as Cathe, but she is fun. Her Cardio Sculpt Fitness is quite intense and I get DOMS from it every time I do her workout. I really like her new Circuit Burn workout. As with any workout, if you up your weights and give it your all, you can make it pretty advanced. I also like her 30 Min. to Fitness Bootcamp. I didn't like 30 Min. to Fitness Kickbox, and traded it right away. Get Ready, Step, Go! is fun. Most of the workout is done in a vertical step fashion, which is a nice change. I also really like her Cardio Blast DVD, especially the Athletic Step portion. I don't have her 30 Min. to Fitness Weights or Muscle Definition, so I can't speak about those, but I love her LIFT DVD. Two VERY different weight workouts. I like mixing her workouts with Cathe's and other really intense workouts.
Old 09-08-10, 07:39 AM  
Melissa C

Oh, folks, do I thank you or curse you? Kelly sounds like a wonderful instructor and these workouts could definitely fit into my routine. Already I'm justifying purchasing a couple of her DVDs--because after all, they could be an add-on for the days I do CLX weights or FIRM's shorter workouts. I need to think of this as another wise investment in my good health.

Let's face it. . .I'm just a Vidiot for Life. Threads like this are good for my body and bad for my budget
3:27:39 on November 4, 2017
3:13:13 on November 3, 2018
Indy 500 Festival Half Marathon:3:26:27 May 4, 2019
"What? Like it's HARD?"
"Exercise gives you endorphins and endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don't shoot their husbands. they just don't."-from"Legally Blonde"

Blog: melissacooper46.wordpress.com
Melissa C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-10, 09:59 AM  
tammy

Thanks so much ladies...

Looks like I will get some of Kelly and maybe some p57

Tammy
tammy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kcm, kelly coffey meyer, kelly coffey-meyer