Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-01-10, 09:39 AM  
cowfishpro

Just wanted to add that I have only dabbled in Cathe, but to me she is like taking my medicine. I have so much fun with Kelly's creative workouts that the time just flies by. I really appreciate the fact that she has a modifier for those days that I need it. I get a good workout without draining myself, but I definitely get sweaty and feel worked.

As far as cueing, her philosophy is that she makes workouts that we will do multiple times, so she doesn't want to make the viewer frustrated with performing breakdowns when she has already mastered the moves.

I suggest trying one her 30 minute workouts to get a feel for her style. I suspect if you connect with her, you may be interested in exploring her older stuff for more variety.
Old 08-01-10, 10:29 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligurl View Post
you can't go wrong with any of KCM's 30 minutes to fitness workouts! they're so versatile and you really do get a great workout in a short time. i always do both for a longer workout and i like that a couple of them have really nice core add-ons!

while i love her step boxing workouts i wouldn't recommend them as the first ones you try as they are really fast!

for a really nice full body weight workout try New You Coming (NYC)... one of my favorites!

i don't have a problem with her cuing... she's no worse than cathe in her newer workouts... so you should be fine there....
EXACTLY what I was going to say so I'm glad Caligirl wrote it for me!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-10, 10:48 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatfan View Post
You might also want to try the 30 Minute Bootcamp workout, bootcamp cardio premix only.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP44 View Post
The Kickboxing one takes a couple of attempts to get down, but it's really fun and has lots of kicking! At some point in the future, maybe Kelly will learn to cue the type of punch ("cross', "jab") rather than just say "punch", but the choreo isn't dancy and it's a nice sweatfest.

Bootcamp has a lot of creative moves in the both the cardio & weight work.

Joan (JP44)
Yes I forgot to mention Bootcamp which is alot of fun and pretty creative without being "out there."
I really need to work on the kickboxing one to learn the moves so I get a better workout. Sometimes I don't have the patience to learn a workout. I took the time to learn the moves on step boxing 2 so I should do the same for kickboxing.
I know you said you were looking for cardio which is why I didn't mention it
in my first post but my favorite Kelly workout is 30 Minutes to Fitness Weights. LOVE IT, especially the mixed full body blast premix. She works you without repping you to death. All the chest work is push ups though which I love but others don't.
Leslie
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-10, 11:31 AM  
Hilary

Thanks for the replies! I may well try a couple of the 30-minutes as well as one step-kickboxing workout. I like to work out an hour, so combining two 30-minutes may well work for me. I have been surprised how easy it is to combine two of Tracie's Focus workouts without feeling that it's overkill.
Hilary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-10, 02:44 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilary View Post
Thanks for the replies! I may well try a couple of the 30-minutes as well as one step-kickboxing workout. I like to work out an hour, so combining two 30-minutes may well work for me. I have been surprised how easy it is to combine two of Tracie's Focus workouts without feeling that it's overkill.
One of the best things about KCMs 30-min series is she often includes a premix that's nearly an hour, so she's done the work for you! (She includes lots of great premixes, for all her dvds!)
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-10, 02:57 PM  
smissy

Kelly is one of my fav instructors; that being said, her cueing style does take a bit of time to get used to. After a couple of times through a workout I usually don't have any trouble following.

I love her enthusiasm, you can tell fitness is her passion. Kelly also has several premixes on each DVD. I'm mainly speaking of the Thirty Minutes to Fitness series as I only have one of her previous workouts (Step Boxing-which has several premixes); each DVD has two main thirty minute workouts and various premixes that combine the two in several combinations/time durations. Kelly posts frequently on her website (www.coffeyfit.com) and is very receptive to her customer's requests and concerns. She has also posted numerous rotations.

Hillary, I know you're an advanced exerciser, but I also love the fact that she has Lauren modifying some moves. Sometimes I need to take the impact down, sometimes I have to be careful of any turns. Lauren is the BEST modifier in the business.
smissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-10, 03:38 PM  
lilmonkey2

I'm another fan of her 30 minutes series of workouts. I don't own all of them, but the ones I have I really like. She packs a good workout into 30 minutes, and I like that you can do an entire hour with them if you are up for it. They are among my favorite workouts!
lilmonkey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-10, 11:37 AM  
htimpaired

Just another vote for the kickbox workout, I love it! It took me a few runs to get the choreography, but it didn't bother me because once I got it down, I was really able to get into it. I just received cardio blast in the mail last week and did both the step and plyo sections once each, and I can see she is quickly moving to the top of my short list. I tend to do one of the 30-min cardio workouts and then spend 30 min doing some form of weight training/strength- I especially like her body training dvd, no weights but wow have I noticed a difference!
htimpaired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-10, 12:50 PM  
Wanda
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smissy View Post
Lauren is the BEST modifier in the business.
I totally agree!
Wanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-10, 12:57 PM  
Ann1964

I really like all my KCM 30 min DVD's & love her passion for teaching.
Ann1964 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
30 minutes to fitness, kcm, kelly coffey meyer, kelly coffey-meyer