Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-13-09, 05:58 PM  
Robin C

Wink

I also noticed that on May 7th the Firm Wave is also on QVC.
Robin C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-09, 07:59 PM  
juberann

Ok,I took a step back, took a deep breath and decided I am going to TRY and keep the promise I made to myself regarding workouts, no more impulse buying!! I really,really like Stephanie but I may wait on some reviews (even if that means I end up paying more). I love the idea of 20 minute workouts but I also know,for me, shorter workouts have NOT helped me reach my goal, which is weight loss. Heck, 20 years ago I could do 20 minutes of exercise and have one less piece of pizza and the weight fell off but those days are gone I have found I need lots of cardio and AT LEAST 40 minutes of exercise a day to see even small changes.
I wonder about the intensity of these workouts???? I am going to watch Stephanie next weekend but may end up waiting to buy these workouts Judy
juberann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-09, 08:02 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by juberann
I have found I need lots of cardio and AT LEAST 40 minutes of exercise a day to see even small changes.
Yes but since these are primarily strength training routines, at 20 mins a day that leaves plenty of time for Tae Bo!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-09, 08:32 PM  
juberann

HMMMMM, Lucky, you do have a point there I am not looking for any cardio workouts,TaeBo gives me plenty of that and I plan on sticking with it (I've lost 7 pounds, Lucky!!!). I am sure I'll end up getting these but I am just so leery anymore,there are so many workouts I don't like~LOL~
Are you caving on these??? Judy
Old 04-13-09, 08:36 PM  
daisysunshine

or, do two of them to equal 40 minutes

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

offering the two tracey mallet dance workouts, pm me.
daisysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-09, 08:55 PM  
ko09
Account Disabled

Quote:
Ok,I took a step back, took a deep breath and decided I am going to TRY and keep the promise I made to myself regarding workouts, no more impulse buying!! I really,really like Stephanie but I may wait on some reviews (even if that means I end up paying more). I love the idea of 20 minute workouts but I also know,for me, shorter workouts have NOT helped me reach my goal, which is weight loss. Heck, 20 years ago I could do 20 minutes of exercise and have one less piece of pizza and the weight fell off but those days are gone I have found I need lots of cardio and AT LEAST 40 minutes of exercise a day to see even small changes.
I wonder about the intensity of these workouts???? I am going to watch Stephanie next weekend but may end up waiting to buy these workouts Judy

Me too Judy. I have to remind myself also these workouts aren't all it took for Stephanie to get her body And I don't need to buy every workout from every instructor I like. Right now it depends on the price and/or the reviews, hopefully they show some clips when this airs on QVC.
ko09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-09, 09:10 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
HMMMMM, Lucky, you do have a point there I am not looking for any cardio workouts,TaeBo gives me plenty of that and I plan on sticking with it (I've lost 7 pounds, Lucky!!!). I am sure I'll end up getting these but I am just so leery anymore,there are so many workouts I don't like~LOL~
Are you caving on these??? Judy
Judy, congratulations on those 7 pounds; you have really found what works for you!

Am I caving on Stephanie's videos? Hmm, truthfully I don't know yet. For sure I'm excited about the presentation and look forward to watching it. Stephanie looks absolutely amazing, BUT she always looked amazing in the Firm workouts as well. So that's no judge of whether or not her program would work for me. Also, I like the idea of working with bands but have yet to find a band workout I truly love.

I'll just have to watch the presentation and take it from there.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-09, 10:23 PM  
Gymmie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star
Yes but since these are primarily strength training routines, at 20 mins a day that leaves plenty of time for Tae Bo!
<3
“Think about Corey. Right at the finish line and his body gave up after one mile. You’re looking at yourself and if you have 100 plus pounds to lose, your body wants to be healthy.”--Bob Harper on Contestant Corey Pinkerton TBL10

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.

Beachbody Coach
Gymmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-09, 10:46 PM  
juberann

I'll probably do the same thing,Lucky! Problem is, everything just looks so darn good on T.V.~LOL~ I have fell "victim" to more then one informercial dud in my time and I just hate returning things I too seriously doubt Stephanie got her body doing 20 minute workouts 5 days a week but I think these would be great for add-ons or quickie workouts and I do like the band use, problem is I have gotten rid of just about every band workout I have ever owned so I hope I'll like these if I decide to buy before reading any reviews I will say,though, I am pretty proud of myself for actually being ABLE to step back and control my impulses,it's been hard work because it has been very hard for me in the past to not impulsively buy exercise DVDs Judy
Old 04-14-09, 04:57 AM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

sample workout from Chest, Triceps & Glutes

Check out Stephanie's recent blog entry:

http://www.stephaniehuckabee.com/blog/

I think I'm going to watch the show on the internet and will probably end up buying them. I'll use Cathe's bands for added intensity!! OUCH! (such a vidiot)

Denise
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
powerfit, stephanie huckabee