juberann

Joni~ If you find anything out,could you let us know?? Thanks a bunch~ Judy
juberann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-09, 07:25 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar
the other thing is - if it's just stephanie doing the workouts with no cast, would i be bored? the youtube clip is the same clip as they show on her site, and you see 2 other cast members, but it's not a guarantee that WYSIWYG.

take Power 90 for example. the clips they used to show in the early days shows this cool industrial set w/techno music, but the workout itself was just tony and 2 cast members in a white room w/no music.
On her blog she shows photos from several of her programs with descriptions and the line: "Here are some pictures from the day and hope you enjoy them!" I truly believe these ARE from the DVDs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Non-Dancer
The description for this product at QVC is "Stephanie Huckabee's PowerFit Total Body 5 DVD Workout." When she discusses PowerFit on her blog, she refers to DVD1 and DVD2, etc. I don't think there's any doubt that all the workouts are NOT on one DVD.
You may be right but there have been other programs that show sets of individual DVDs on their websites, yet when you receive them they are all on 1 DVD., i.e. Kettlenetics, Melt It Off, etc. Some like BB's Power Half Hour are even available both ways. So you never know.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-09, 07:46 PM  
Carol K

The description on the QVC site says: "Includes five DVDs, one resistance band, and a 14-day meal plan".
Old 04-15-09, 07:55 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Here's Stephanie's response:

Joni: Great question and they absolutely do - though not the way you would if you were doing a total body workout when you have to spend 5 minutes warming up. Each DVD begins with large range of motion moves and then quickly focuses in on the muscles for that day. All of them have active stretching and the placement of exercises is a logical progression allowing you to move quickly into the workout. Then at the end of the workouts you get out by doing the reverse. All of the workouts have at least some core/ab work which is incorporated into the cool down. My goal at the end of them is not to get you into a zen-like trance as if you had a super long stretch - but get you fired up for your day with a feeling that you helped improve your body without beating yourself up. (and I designed this workout for me when I was at my heaviest and needing to lose weight not thinking I'd be sharing it with anybody else so hope that hope that makes sense!) Great question and keep them coming!!"
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-09, 08:05 PM  
CharM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O
My motto is always 'Why not just ask instead of speculating?'
Thanks for doing that and for posting the reply.
I'll be waiting for reviews before I order. I can do it! I have patience. (if I keep saying it, maybe I'll believe it)
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-09, 08:14 PM  
juberann

Thanks, Joni!! great news,sounds wonderful to me what a quick response from Stephanie! Judy
juberann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-09, 07:27 AM  
sundari

Thanks Joni for posting Stephanie's answer to you.
Old 04-16-09, 08:27 AM  
adrien_73

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT
Just for the record...I do hope they are all we are hoping them to be. I will wait until all of you who have already ordered, give reviews/opinions. I usually wait on purchases anyway so it's not like I'm denying myself anything. I'm just putting it off for a bit.
You inspired me to cancel my order & wait for reviews. I'm a fickle vidiot!
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-09, 10:12 AM  
PhyllisG

I am going to wait at least until the QVC infomercial. Maybe even until we get some reviews.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-09, 10:32 AM  
TinaT

It's nice to know they include some form of warm up and cool down/stretch. I really want to have these, and I hope you all come up with positive and over the top reviews. For this price I would not mind being inabled.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
powerfit, stephanie huckabee