Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-16-10, 07:43 AM  
UnstrungHarp

If you could buy only one...

...Kelley Coffey-Meyer DVD, which would it be?

I've been debating/agonizing over what new workouts to buy since I'm trying to purge some rarely used ones and get more variety in my collection. I have a lot of stuff on my wish list (ME Workout, MM, KCM, new Bob Harpers, Bikini Bootcamp...) but I'm trying to be good. I have some of my Cathes on eBay, and if they sell, I'll probably go hog wild, but right now I'm allowing myself one purchase ahead of time. This is justified by the fact that I'm ordering something I "need" from amazon.com but need to add about $15 to my order to qualify for free shipping.

So, since it looks like all the KCMs are on amazon.com but pretty much none of the others on my list, I want to know which one should I get? I have it narrowed down to three of the 30 Minutes to Fitness titles: Weights, Muscle Definition and Bootcamp. I could maybe be talked into Cardio Blast, but the kind of stuff I'm primarily looking for would be either circuits or the kind of weight training that's fast paced enough and involves enough muscles simultaneously to get my heart rate up. I looked at her new ones that are coming out later this month and they sound amazing too. But I'm impatient and want to order today!!

I would appreciate any recommendations. I'm excited to be discovering all these new-to-me instructors and can't wait to order. Thanks in advance!
UnstrungHarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-10, 07:53 AM  
alisoncooks

I love Muscle Def the best & do it the most frequently of those you listed (I did not like Bootcamp at all...but it does have a lot to offer, as far as just cardio and just weight premixes).

Each Muscle Def. is longer than 30 min (w/o 1 is about 40 min and w/o 2 is about 35....but doesn't have a warmup). So, I don't know if that's a problem for you...

But I always reach for MD on my weight days....
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-10, 08:56 AM  
UnstrungHarp

Thanks for your recommendation!

I just found clips of all these workouts on YouTube and now I am more confused than ever, though. They all look so good, it makes me want to buy all her videos and come up with an all-KCM rotation.
Old 07-16-10, 08:57 AM  
KathAL79

I wouldn't be able to buy only one!

Given your wishes, I'll second Muscle Definition as probably your best bet of the three, but you can't really go wrong with any of those.

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-10, 09:41 AM  
UnstrungHarp

Well, I couldn't stand it anymore, so I compromised and bought just two...Muscle Definition AND Bootcamp. I think I showed a remarkable amount of restraint, all things considered. It's just a matter of time before I cave and get em all, anyway.
Old 07-16-10, 10:00 AM  
KathAL79

Good choices. Hope you enjoy your purchases!

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-10, 10:00 AM  
magmolmacmom

I have all of KCM's workouts and I can honestly say I like/love them all. Betweent the three you mentioned I think that Muscle Definition has the most workout options and is the workout most likely to get your heart rate up. I love the NYC2 premix on that workout. I love her weights workout because it's a little different then traditional weights yet is very tough and a good, thorough workout. I don't burn as many calories with this one. I also really like her Bootcamp but I think it's more of an intermediate workout and one of her easier ones. I still enjoy it though. Good luck with your purchase you really can't go wrong with whatever you choose. I also highly recommend you check into her new workouts that are coming soon!
Old 07-16-10, 11:35 AM  
mtnmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by magmolmacmom View Post
I also really like her Bootcamp but I think it's more of an intermediate workout and one of her easier ones.
Hmm, I would never poo-poo the intensity of Bootcamp, but I always do the double premix (both workouts back-to-back). I also love the strength premix on it. The weight work is very innovative and not the usual isolation moves.

The way I like to do Muscle Definition is to do the Full Body Compilation premix and chapter forward through the second set of upper body work. You get a total body workout in about 52 minutes and it will include all the lower body work.

Be forwarned - there are a couple of screw-ups in the Full Body Compilation premix. The menu says it includes the bonus ab chapter and it does not. Also, in the second set of biceps, it accidentally has a set of back work.
Old 07-16-10, 04:37 PM  
UnstrungHarp

Thanks again for all the comments. I was most interested in these DVDs at first because of the "30 minutes" idea...lately I've really been focusing on getting the most out of 45 minutes or less for every workout. So I may never do the premixes if they add up to a much longer workout.

But then again, I'm about to completely contradict myself and go do Jari Love's Get Ripped 1000 for the first time (70 minutes according to the back cover!). I've never done this workout, just got it in a trade, so I don't know how to modify/shorten it...so I'm gonna jump in and do the whole thing.

Tags
kelly coffey meyer