Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-18-09, 10:13 PM  
Janine

Why Slim Series works for some people?

I have both Slim in 6 & the Slim series but have never really used them much.
SI6 I used for a while but got tired of the repetition and never stuck with it.
SS I haven't even done yet and I've had them for quite a while. Anyways I've been thinking about trying a rotation just for a change and to see if I get any results. I'm trying to lose about 20 Ibs.
I'm just wondering why this works for some people instead of just doing other forms of cardio. Why would you get results from this program?
Janine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-09, 01:21 AM  
juberann

Janine~ Regarding Slim in Six..........incredibly awesome exercises, sequenced perfectly by a very skilled instructor. I bought Slim in Six awhile back with very high hopes,I tried sticking to it, but as wonderful as the program is, it is just so MIND BOGGLING boring I couldn't stand it!! THE MUSIC???? just awful! I tried it for seven days and dreaded every minute of it.
Thank goodness this series has been reshot recently,hoping there were improvements made although I'm not sure I will buy the new,"remade" series come August (or whenever it's supposed to be released). Slim Series was a little better but,man, those are L O N G workouts
I don't mean to discourage you,Janine, I hate to think I would do that to anyone, I totally respect anyone who makes the commitment to fitness and I do think Debbie has a well rounded program in SI6, I just wish it wasn't so blah Judy
juberann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-09, 01:35 AM  
fit1

There's a no-music option. I play my own music which helps a lot. I would have been bored to death too if I hear the same music every day (no matter how good the music is). Did this program a year ago and got the results I wanted - slim arms and lean legs. I included 3-4X a week cardio in the mix too. Although I will buy the new workouts, I'll never part with the classics.

I requested to retain the no-music option. Let's hope they do.
fit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-09, 04:22 AM  
antbuko

I just recently did a very short rotation of the whole shebang - Slim Series, Slim Series Express & Slim in 6. I really love these workouts. I can't personally testify to how effective they are because I've never stuck with them long enough. I always feel the need to switch things up.

My theory is that if you stick with any program as prescribed you'll get good results. Like the BB credo says "Decide, Commit, Succeed".
Old 06-19-09, 04:33 AM  
PhyllisG

I had SS and did the whole rotation once and could never go back and do it again. It developed a terrible dread factor and I eventually traded it. The workout itself seemed very effective but the music and actually the setting also was just awful. It is a shame because Debbie seems very capable. Hope the new version is better. I could be tempted.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-09, 09:13 AM  
leslie w
VF Supporter

I want to know this answer too because I have never seen results doing a SS rotation, yet my body responds well to other hi rep/low weight workouts.
leslie w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-09, 01:17 PM  
Pykkalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fit1 View Post
There's a no-music option. I play my own music which helps a lot. I would have been bored to death too if I hear the same music every day (no matter how good the music is). Did this program a year ago and got the results I wanted - slim arms and lean legs. I included 3-4X a week cardio in the mix too. Although I will buy the new workouts, I'll never part with the classics.

I requested to retain the no-music option. Let's hope they do.
Can you suggest some music to substitute? Around what BPM should I be looking for?
Pykkalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-09, 01:33 PM  
Sandi M
VF Supporter

I did a SS rotation a few summers ago, and didn't gain any strength or lose any real inches; more of a simple maintenance type thing.

I love the simplicity and cardio factor I get with SS. I use them during "active rest weeks", such as the current week between STS Meso 2 and Meso 3. I did the first 40 minutes of Shape It Up on Monday and did 60 minutes of Tear It Up yesterday. I also did yoga and treadmill running during the week, but no lifting.

I think Slim Series workouts are great for when I want to do some nontraditional steady state cardio. I don't consider them strength workouts at all, but a way to mix it up, keep it simple, and burn some calories when I don't want to (or can't) run or lift heavy. Great for vacation workouts when I don't have any equipment.

Sandi
Sandi M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-09, 05:12 PM  
suzi211
VF Supporter

Is this the correct rotation for the Slim Training?

Shape It Up
Firm It Up
Mix It Up
Tone It Up
Cool If Off
Tear It Up
Rest

It sounds tough, I was thinking of adding a Leslie workout on alternate days.
Old 06-22-09, 01:53 PM  
SHANI

I envy those who can keep up with ss rotation.
For me, it's too much weight training to do day after day. and I defenitly can't add cardio after such a long workouts.
I wonder if you also get a result by doing this tapes 3 times a week,rather than 5.
SHANI is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slim series, slim series music, slim series success