Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-26-14, 04:17 PM  
bzbnmom

You Tube Workouts question?

I'm curious about how you use You Tube for workouts. If I sign-in/create an account will there be some way of "bookmarking" (or something) videos to come back to them at a later time? I want to know this beforehand, so I don't create yet another account that I won't use.

Or do you just keep a list of favorite videos that you revisit and search for them every time?

(This feels like a dumb question)
bzbnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-14, 04:26 PM  
sunday

You can subscribe to specific channels, like Jessica's, or you can add individual workouts you like to playlists. It's very easy and user friendly!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-14, 05:01 PM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

I created a playlist of the ZWOW workouts I do the most, and a second playlist of other instructors' workouts I want to try eventually. You can organize them in whichever order you like, and mark it public or private. As Sunday said, it's pretty easy to do.

Be aware though that YouTube wants to force everyone to use Google+ now and reveal their full name, so if you're not already part of that, be careful what you click on when setting up the account.

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-14, 06:50 PM  
horsemom2

There is a *watch later* option for a quick way of bookmarking videos. If you forget to bookmark a video or add it to a playlist, you can always check your history.

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-14, 06:52 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

I always download them to avoid the buffering issue. I then drag them into a playlist that I create in iTunes. I have an AppleTV and this is how I view the videos.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-14, 10:01 PM  
primrosecat

How to?

Debbie~Can you tell me how to download a workout, keeping in mind it has to be very easy for me to understand? TIA
primrosecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-14, 10:02 PM  
jessicavi

I set up my acct before YT started trying to get people to use their real names. Ever so often YT will ask me if I want to use my real name. I always decline. I don't like that signing into YT somehow causes my email to be accessible also. Anyway I've set up various playlists like kbell,stretching, fitness, etc. I also subscribe to several fitness sites/instructors. I play them straight to my tv from my YT capable blu-ray. I haven't used very DVD w/o's in the past few months because there's a plethora of YT workouts I want to try. Even the w/o with no music are still fun because I just turn on pandora and I have a fresh new workout almost everyday without repeating. It's quite convenient and cheap once you have the hardware.

Primrosecat you can use www.freemake.com video downloader to download YT w/o's in MP4 which I store on a flash drive and play on one of my bluray or xbox360. I guess you can put them on DVD-r too but I've never tried that.

Here's my channel to give you an example of how I use YT.
http://www.youtube.com/user/jessicavi7/videos?view=0
jessicavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-14, 11:18 PM  
horsemom2

Freemake products only work on Windows operating systems so you may have to download another way if you use a Mac. If you do have Windows, be careful when downloading Freemake Video Converter and uncheck any other software offers you do not want.

You can download from download sites like
http://en.savefrom.net/
(there too be careful not to download anything but the video)

or use Download Helper on Firefox

or realplayer

etc.

Here's my blog link about it
http://neverendingplateau.blogspot.c...ing-video.html

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-14, 11:49 PM  
Yvette69

Quote:
Originally Posted by primrosecat View Post
Debbie~Can you tell me how to download a workout, keeping in mind it has to be very easy for me to understand? TIA
You click the download button underneath the video and choose your resolution. 720p mp4 is a decent resolution to choose for playback on a TV.
Yvette69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-14, 07:06 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

If you don't want to sign up for a Youtube/Google account, you can just bookmark each individual video in your browser bookmarks.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote