Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-02-22, 12:55 PM  
cyana

Pat - I'd pay someone a fee to do an assessment and provide an unbiased recommendation for the Medicare stuff. Like you, I think I'll likely have to use an agent, but I'll use someone who works with many companies and is honest about how he/she gets paid (like asking your financial advisor if they're a fiduciary). Christopher Westfall, for example, in one of his videos, flat out says they get twice the commission for selling Advantage plans versus supplements/MediGap and that if someone really, really wants one, they will help them go that route. Obviously, he doesn't think that's the right route for many of his clients and he's clear on that. I could live with that level of disclosure. I just want to feel that someone is working in my best interest and not selling me whatever gets them the best commission.

Paine - That's a great suggestion - have a good neck/shoulder practice while I'm looking at the lovely garden scenery. Remember a couple of months ago when I linked the story about the little boy who loved dressing up in Halloween costumes all year and freaked the women out who drove by when he was in his Chucky costume? I thought about him on Halloween and wondered what kind of costume he was wearing this year. That child has no clue how much I loved that story, LOL!!! I found a story that has an actual picture of him in real life: https://www.tmz.com/2022/07/25/alaba...ing-neighbors/

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-22, 03:49 PM  
JustSandra

Hi everyone!

No workout for me yesterday -- I had an eye exam in the morning, and during the afternoon I snuggled into my recliner to enjoy our first real rainfall of the season.

Today's Workout: Went to my gym, and after an abbreviated session with the lower body weight machines I attended the Chuze Gold class at 11am. Found out our instructor is *my* age! What's more, she also teaches Body Pump! During the last part of the Gold class I started feeling a little lightheaded so I took a couple of breaks. My instructor recommends a midmorning snack (I did have breakfast but it was very early). Finished with a Hydromassage.

Pat58 and Cyana: The Hydromassage chair is cushioned (and is in a nice darkened room). There's some ways you can adjust/customize it but I don't know if it offers a heat option -- will look next time.

Beth: Thanks for the update re our Linda. Sorry to hear about her continuing health challenges, but that is so sweet that she and her Man are still together.

My little grandniece turned seven years old yesterday! We are having a little family party for her this evening.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-22, 07:19 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Todays workouts:
~10 min “walking” on my rebounder to warm up
~SeniorShape: Lower Body W/O on the Mat - Another good one! I used 1 lb ankle weights & a light resistance loop. https://youtu.be/puHyHODDnz4
~Reclined & seated lower body & QL focused stretch + achilles/foot rehab strength exercises & stretches

I’ve pulled out my orthotics that I haven’t worn for ages and they fit nicely in my slippers, lol. Thankfully they are black and also fit in my black crocs for when I go outside. They are quite bulky & not easy to fit in many shoes. I also dusted off my night splint, pulling out all the stops! My foot is slightly better than it was yesterday, a good sign I’m on the right track. Fingers crossed!

DH continues to do strength workouts with me & quite likes the SeniorShape ones. At 65 he has come to realize he needs to work a bit harder to keep “creaky old guy syndrome” at bay. I think I’ll introduce him to MR soon as she has lots of floor segments I can pick & choose from.

Sandra - Happy birthday to your sweet little grandniece! Time sure flies, those 7 years went by fast.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-22, 08:19 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Groan, I really did it. Things were improving but I did something getting out of the car after gimping around at work all day and could barely make it in the house. The whole hip area is jammed up. I rested with some binaural beats root chakra music, and gave my hips a lot of Reiki. This nice routine with super gentle modifications and bolsters presented itself to mind:

~ my own PT series for pelvic reset and hip flexors
~ Qigong for Back Pain, lying face up section only
~ Bird's Pilates and stretch routine

I can move better this morning, but called out from work and am requesting an emergency ortho appointment anyway.

Geez Pam, we're both in full PT mode. Sending {{{hugs}}} your way. By the way I love your fall avatar.

Sandra, your recliner snuggle with rain sounds wonderful. Happy birthday to your grandniece!

Paine, that was a wise Mom idea to insist on college first.

Everyone have a nice Friday Eve!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-22, 08:23 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

PS - Alice Bracegirdle sent out an email about her recommended books of the year, but I can't find it through the links to her email account. Has anyone sought it out?
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-22, 08:41 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
PS - Alice Bracegirdle sent out an email about her recommended books of the year, but I can't find it through the links to her email account. Has anyone sought it out?
Forwarded you Alice’s email Pat, hope I used the right address.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-22, 09:05 AM  
cyana

Good Morning. I was SO deflated when I realized that today isn't Friday, LOL!!!!!

Sending healing vibes to Pat and Pam.

Must get to work on a rush. Waves to ALL!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-22, 10:21 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Body Electric Perfect 10 (Lower body, 33 minutes)

Stupid 500 Error!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-22, 10:22 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Pat, ah I'm sorry you injured yourself again. I hope your ortho appointment helps you to resolve your pain sooner than you expect.

Pam, I like your avatar too!

Cyana, I remember that funny Chucky costume story. The kid who wore the costume is cute in real life.

Sandra, it's good you took a couple of breaks when you felt lightheaded.
Happy Birthday to your grandniece!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-22, 12:52 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Hey all - it's been a busy week and I keep forgetting to post! Had a big yoga class at the studio on Tuesday (9) and yesterday a very busy work day. Today I'm going shoe shopping with a friend after work.

Pat, ouch on the hip! It's unfortunate that as we get older, the smallest things can set us off. Keep taking care of yourself! (Btw, your posts are always so evocative - "Bozo No No" LOL! - and I miss your Medusa already. )

Pam, sorry for the bit of setback with your feet; sounds like you are taking care of yourself well. I hope my DH comes to realize at some point that he might need more intentional movement.

Paine, are you still experiencing some of those post-event blues? Hope my sleep story wasn't too creepy! And on no on the error; I'll have to remember to copy this before trying to post.

cyana, RE stretching neck/shoulders, I brought a resistance band to work last week to do some upper body stretches at my desk. AS you might guess, I've barely used it! Today my boss was in my office and commented on it, so I did use it briefly.

Sandra, wow that your grand-niece is 7! I think time passes particularly quickly in VF-land. Hope the family celebration went well!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote