Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-22, 08:49 PM  
Diana3271

Thumbs up November 2022 ~ Walk On & On ~ New Check-In Buddies Are Always Welcome!

What started as a Leslie walk challenge has morphed into a wide variety of workouts and lots of support and encouragement! Join us, if you're looking for a friendly check-in, that's not limited to one type of exercise!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-22, 07:34 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps from yesterday: 11,203

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 11-01-22, 08:42 AM  
lynnf

Happy November! Wow, hard to believe. Did Heather Robertson Upper body and arm toning. Enjoyed it. We had a pretty good number of kids for Trick or Treat, which was nice and I had just about the right amount of candy, which was also good.

Diana, thanks for setting us up. Great steps! I am going to wear my phone and check my steps today.

Cynthia, holding you in thought today for inner peace and good news.

Cheryl, I enjoyed the upper body workout. It was well put together. Barre 3 does very little chest and overworks the shoulder press, but doesn't always do lateral or rear delt work. The last exercise, though, the front swing, I think she called it, is sort of a variant of a kettlebell move, which is controversial like the front raise as regards the shoulder (Lauren Brooks does it with kettlebells and a lot of people complain about that compromising the shoulder). Do you do that one? I just did a kettlebell swing, which really is not at all about the upper body, but was an ending cardio move. How is your tendinitis, by the way?
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-22, 01:33 PM  
seabliss

Today I did Heather's Leg Day Strength Workout for Lean Legs.

Cynthia, praying for you and thinking of you throughout the day.

Lynn, here is that workout you were looking for. I do the swings at the end, because they don't make me feel worried. You're right; it is like an extended kb swing. My left elbow, which received the treatment for tendonitis, is completely fine with no pain at all now. The right elbow feels like it wants to get inflamed. So I've been adding a forearm/wrist/hand strengthening workout every time I do upper body. Heather has some other upper body workouts that are good too if you need more. I tend to stick with between 30-40 minutes mostly, but there are a few shorter upper body workouts that are also good.

Diana, you do so good with walking. Are the leaves changing where you are?
Old 11-01-22, 02:19 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Check-in: 2 miles with Leslie Walk Away Your Stress.

Still over an hour to wait.

Later -- the pathology report of the bone marrow biopsy isn't in yet, so I have another appointment, on Friday, to discuss that. However, I had a good talk with the Dr and she feels confident that it won't be cancer, and that the excess platelets can be reduced with one pill a day. I feel better, and hopeful.

Thank you all for your prayers!
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-22, 04:45 PM  
lynnf

Cynthia, this is really good news!! I am so happy to hear this. Putting in extra prayers that more good news comes in from the bone marrow test, but it sounds like your doctor is just being extra careful to rule out everything.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-22, 05:05 PM  
Diana3271

I kept checking in for any news, Cynthia. In fact DH and I are out for his birthday right now. This is great news. I am also praying for more good news on Friday. Keeping you in prayer. Sending you hugs and love.

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 11-01-22, 05:31 PM  
seabliss

I just checked for news too! Thanks for posting, Cynthia. Feeling relieved about this initial news and praying for your ultimate results.
Old 11-01-22, 09:07 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

No workout to report.

I texted with Linda earlier today. She is having surgery next week on her wrist. Other than that she is doing well.

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 11-02-22, 08:45 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps from yesterday: 5,008

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

LM Combat 02/13

Diana