Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-22, 10:01 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday:

LWR (Lucy Wyndham Read) Standing Abs Cardio Workout

I really enjoy Lucy's workouts. They're short but pack a punch. For me anyway.
LOL. I think this crappy weather is going to continue for a few more days so I'll hopefully keep up some kind of movement indoors.

CAMBET, well done keeping up with your steps every day. I was wondering myself how long to keep up with the PT exercises.
I don't really feel I need it any longer because I seem to be more or less walking pretty normally now. I guess it can't hurt to keep doing them and stretching is always helpful. I'll probably just slowly fade them out of my routine.

Well it's nice that your coworker knows she's troublesome now if she could only do something to control it. I'm rolling my eyes with you. Hang in there. You always seem to handle things well but I know it's really the last thing you need on top of everything else. Sheesh.

Have a great day!!
summer breeze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-22, 08:51 AM  
cambet

Good Morning,

Yesterday was an active day at work. I took a brief walk around the yard after I got home and did CHE: Rope & Ride last night. Made it to over 10,400 steps for the day.

I hope to be doing more exercise-wise than getting in over 10,000/day soon, but just doing that does appear to be helping. I majorly overate last week, but at my weight check-in on Sunday I found that I had not gained any weight, which was good news!

SB - Good job with the LWR workout. I don't think I've heard of her, I'll have to check out some clips. You probably know best about whether or not you need to continue with the PT. Fading it out as you find yourself needing it less and less sounds like it makes sense. Thanks for your kind words of support about dealing with my whack coworker. Hope you have a great day!
Old 10-04-22, 09:55 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

I was feeling a little blah yesterday.
I had gone out Sunday night with some friends to see our favorite local band.
So it was a late night and I'm just not used to that. LOL. I also surprised myself and actually did a little dancing. I didn't think I'd be able to but I did it. This chilly rainy weather is continuing. We got quite a soaker yesterday and today looks to be the same. I know we needed it but yuck.

CAMBET, well the 10K steps seems to be working really well for you. Great job on not gaining weight. I always used to tell myself that walking daily isn't enough but I think it's great for general fitness and weight maintenance. I'm sure it helped my recovery from the broken ankle. Weight work is also very important but sometimes if all you can do is walk/steps I think that's fine.

Have a wonderful day!!
Old 10-05-22, 10:09 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday:

PT exercises and stretches
100 kettlebell swings

This cold rainy weather is really getting on my nerves. I think we have some nice walking weather coming up tomorrow hopefully. I'm off to a birthday lunch for a friend today.

Hi CAMBET! and NORA too!

Have a wonderful day!!
Old 10-06-22, 08:17 AM  
cambet

Good Morning,

Tuesday was a really tough day at work. I'll spare you the details (situation indirectly had to do with my unstable coworker again), but it involved me unexpectedly getting the rug pulled out from under me and then me sitting in my office involuntarily crying for a while (behind closed doors). I'm thinking that I need to make a change, it's just that the situation is so complicated and I'm not sure what exactly needs to change, or how to go about it, but the current situation is unsustainable. I ended up taking a 24 min walk with one of my very positive coworkers/friends who was aware of what happened. I also took a walk in my back yard after I got home from work. Ended up making it to over 10,700 steps for the day with no additional workout.

Yesterday was better day at work. In the afternoon I took a 30 min walk with a different coworker that ended a bit tense (in the last part of the walk we were discussing what to do about the unstable coworker ). I should add that the whole day/situation was not bleak. My classes went very well and I had some good interactions with coworkers and students, so, overall, it was a good day. I did some CHE: Wild Horse last night. Made it to over 11,000 steps for the day.

I don't have any scheduled meetings today, so I think that I'm going to work from home today and take some time to regroup.

SB - Good job with your PT exercises and kb swings. I'm sorry that the cold, rainy weather is putting a damper on your walking plans. Yuck is right. But it also sounds like you're doing a lot of fun things like dancing with friends while listening to your favorite local band and the birthday lunch. Yay, you! I hope y'all do get some nice walking weather soon. I also feel like the CH/walking is not enough because I'd like to be doing more, but, you're right, it is good for general fitness and I mostly enjoy it, and it's a definite plus that it's helping me to not gain weight, so I'll try to stick with it. I now have 15 days in a row with over 10,000 steps. Hope you have a good day!
Old 10-06-22, 09:14 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Well after a very fun birthday lunch with friends, which included a couple glasses of wine, I had no inclination afterwards for any exercise. I'm hoping to make up for that today with some improved weather.
My root canal is scheduled for tomorrow but I may have to postpone it yet again.
It's been 4 months of postponing so I'm reluctant to do that. My DD and I share a car for financial reasons and it hasn't been a problem with my not working and her working from home. But now she has to go in to teach 3 times a week and we're both more social in general lately so sometimes there's a conflict and tomorrow is one of them. It's not an "end of the world" problem by any means but an inconvenience nonetheless. My natural inclination is to reschedule but I'm asking myself if I'm doing that because I'm really dreading the root canal and not because of the car issue. LOL.

CAMBET, it sounds like you got some lovely walks in addition to your CH steps.
I'm so sorry about the ongoing stress with your coworker and others. I was wondering if she could somehow be disciplined or even terminated if she continues causing problems directly or otherwise. Such a tough situation for you. {{Hugs}}
I hope a day working from home will give you some relief and maybe some solutions too.

Congrats on 15 days in a row with over 10K steps. Woohoo.

Have a wonderful day!!!
Old 10-07-22, 09:50 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday:

25 minute outdoor walk

I'm chugging along with the walking.
It's still slow going but I'm sure that will take time.

There was more drama with the antibiotic for the root canal. My ortho's office prescribed the same 5 day course of antibiotics I took after surgery. Upon my own research and speaking with the endo's office it's supposed to be one course of amoxicillin right before the oral surgery.
So I had to call the ortho and I guess give her medical advice *rolls eyes* It's just so frustrating having to give myself medical advice. Why am I paying the doctors?Ugh. At any rate I rescheduled for next Friday.
Here's hoping things work out.

Have a wonderful day!!
Old 10-08-22, 08:26 AM  
cambet

Good Monrning,

Thursday I did CHE: Rope & Ride during the day and CH: Bring the Heat at night to make it to over 10,200 steps for the day.

Yesterday was a very active day at work and afterwards, I had dinner (outside) with two of the Italy crew. They are both dealing with recent health challenges - one is getting over having covid a couple of weeks ago and the other fell, hit her head, and got a concussion right before school started, so she's dealing with the aftereffects of that. We caught up on what's been going on with us (part of my catching up included me venting about the situation with my unstable coworker (insert eye roll). It's been 2-3 weeks since we all saw each other, so it was nice to spent time with them.

After I got home I did CH: Dance Mash Up and made it to over 11,700 steps for the day. I've been overeating again over the last few days, so hopefully the extra steps will help me avoid weight gain again this week.

SB - Great job with the 25 min outdoor walk! I'm sorry that you're having to deal with the antibiotic situation with the ortho and endo. How frustrating! I hope that everything works out. Not that you would want to Uber or Lyft to a get a root canal, but could that be an option in a pinch? I'm not a huge fan of those services, in general, but they have come in handy a time or two. I don't think that anyone would blame you for putting off the root canal again. Happy Saturday!
Old 10-08-22, 08:36 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

I met my sister yesterday for coffee and we wound up spending the whole afternoon sitting outside at the cafe talking. It was a beautiful day so I got some good sunshine if not exercise. LOL. I did do my PT exercises and stretches at night.

CAMBET, great job keeping up with your steps. Your dinner with your friends sounds like a lot of fun too. I'm glad they're recuperating from their ailments. The concussion sounds scary...well covid too of course.

You're right I was going to uber for the root canal though like you I'm not a huge fan.
But then I realized the antibiotic wasn't right and I had to go through all the phone calls and nonsense involved with straightening that out so I opted to just reschedule. LOL. My frustration must have come out when speaking with the receptionist at the endo's office and she got quite snippy with me but oh well.

Have a wonderful day!!
Old 10-09-22, 09:53 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday:

MR All My Best Vol. 1
24 minute outdoor walk

Almost like old times except for the shorter, slower walks. LOL. I'm hoping to get out there for another walk in this beautiful fall weather.

Have a wonderful day!