Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-27-22, 08:37 AM  
cambet

Good Morning,

Yesterday by the time I left work, and ran a few errands, I already had around 7,500 steps. So last night I did the rest of Wild Goose Chase and all of Dance Mash Up (only 20 mins) and made it to over 10,200 steps for the day.

SB- I hope you're able to enjoy some short walks in the lovely fall weather. We've had quite a temp drop, especially in the mornings, which feels great. Yeah, while I thought it was very generous of my friend to send the cake (which I checked online; it is a $26 cake) and flowers, I can't figure out why, knowing that I am trying to lose weight (or at the very least maintain where I am), she would send such a large, decadent cake.

She's the one that I traveled with for a weekend this summer and I was constantly lamenting about the struggle between making good food choices vs splurging on high caloric meals. I don't get it , but yes, I was glad to be able to maintain my weight through my birthday week. I guess it makes sense that now that you are more active, your appetite has increased. Uggghhh, seems like everything is a tradeoff! (insert frustrated emoji ) I hope you have a great day.
Old 09-27-22, 09:09 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:

17 minute outdoor walk
16 minutes PT exercises and stretches

Well I made some progress. I did the same route yesterday that I had done last week but it took 19 minutes last week. I feel like I'm walking with an almost normal gait just more slowly because my ankle is still not fully mobile I'm thinking. I'll see what the dr says on Friday. I'm finally getting my root canal done on Monday that I was supposed to do back in June right when I broke my ankle. I still can't get anyone to give me a definitive answer on whether I need to take antibiotics or not for the oral surgery. So frustrating. Hopefully the orthopedist will weigh in on Friday but I'm not too optimistic.

CAMBET, well done on the step total.
Yes I do wonder about people sometimes when they sabotage our fitness lifestyle.
I read once it makes them feel bad about themselves when someone else is trying to improve their health. Maybe it's a subconscious thing?

Have a wonderful day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-22, 09:31 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

19 minute outdoor walk

I took a little longer route yesterday.
I may try the mile route today. Of course my mile is much slower than it used to be right now but I'll hopefully slowly work back up. I did a few of the PT moves while watching TV last night. The full routine just fills me with dread sometimes and it's not even that long.

Hi CAMBET & NORA.

Have a wonderful day!
Old 09-29-22, 07:39 AM  
cambet

Good morning!,

Tuesday I fell asleep with about 7,500 steps and surprised myself by getting up after 11:00 pm and doing CH: Bring to the Heat to make it to over 10,400 steps for the day.

Same thing happened last night. I fell asleep with over 7,500 steps and got up after 11:00 pm and did CH: Giddy Up, making it to over 10,500 steps before midnight.

I seem to have abandoned Body Revolution (I'll comment more on that later). I want to add in some weights, so I'm thinking about what's possible and something I'll actually do given how worn out/tired I usually am after I get home from work. I've been thinking about trying Lift with Cee (I just started looking into it). We'll see.

SB - Great job making progress with your walks! I know what you mean about dreading PT moves. When I had frozen shoulder a few years ago and had to get PT, at first I enthusiastically did the moves at home (glad to be able to do them at home instead of in the PT office), but that didn't last long and I quickly grew bored with it and started slacking off. You are walking, so at least you're getting in some movement, so that has to count for something, right? I hope that the dr. has good things to say on Friday. I also hope that someone will be able to give you an answer about the antibiotics for the root canal (how odd that it's been hard to get feedback about that ). Hope you have a great day!
Old 09-29-22, 08:35 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:

22 minute outdoor walk
PT exercises & stretches
60 kettlebell swings

Well I'm walking a little further each day.
I don't want to overdo it though. I'm wearing an older pair of sneakers because they're more comfortable and my foot is still slightly swollen but I'm sure they're not the most supportive. I sucked it up on the PT too. lol

CAMBET, I'm always impressed with how you wake up and get your final steps for the day in. I was getting ready to go to bed and decided to sneak in some kettlebell swings. Please report back if you try Lift with Cee. I've read a lot about her on here.
It is very odd that there is no agreement on the antibiotics for oral surgery. My dentist and hygienist are closer to my age and recommended it for my cleaning.
The orthopedist is in her 30s and everyone in the office is young so maybe there's different thinking on the subject in recent years? Even my online research gives mixed answers.

Have a wonderful day!
Old 09-30-22, 11:41 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday:

25 minute outdoor walk

I'm slowly but surely increasing the time for my walks. I went to my follow up with the ortho this morning. I got the all clear to go out and do whatever I want to do as she put it. LOL. She said the slight swelling is normal and could last up to a year.
I kind of knew that but wanted to double check. She also recommended the antibiotics for the root canal procedure so it was good to get a definite answer on that.
After that I had to get an oil change and maintenance done on the car. Then I'm meeting my sister for coffee soon so I doubt I'll be walking today. I should try to get my PT done later at least.

Have a wonderful weekend!!
Old 10-01-22, 08:34 AM  
cambet

Good Morning,

Thursday was an active day at work and I did CHE: Wild Horse at night to make it to over 11,000 steps for the day.

Yesterday was also an active day at work, and then I did CHE: Rope & Ride last night to make it to over 11,500 steps for the day.

I'm surprising myself by being willing to get up and get in my steps late at night. I think it's a combination of I'm stress eating a lot because my unstable coworker has been up to her usual unreasonable antics and it's caused a lot of upheaval for me and my other coworkers, so I'm trying to counter the extra calories by getting in more movement, and it also helps me to blow off a little steam, though I'm doing the CHs gently, so they're more fun movement than a hardcore workout.

As far as abandoning BR, I noticed that I can make myself get up and do a Country Heat, but for the mood I'm in lately, I can't make myself deal with Jillian's tough woman, snarling schtick which I find fairly annoying (though she does also joke around with the background people). Also, I feel like I want to be doing more with weights so the BR circuits just don't fit with what I'd prefer to be doing right now.

I looked into LIIFT4 on BBoD because they are in the 30-min range (I watched the first 2 workouts) but they didn't hold my interest much (too much repetition and Joel doesn't actually do any of the workouts, he just walks around talking the whole time, which I didn't find appealing). So I looked into some other options and narrowed it down to maybe trying Chalene Extreme again or doing Lift with Cee. I'm going to think about it this weekend. CE is really only 3 strength workouts a week, and if I plan to do one on the weekend, it would really only be 2 during the week. I would continue to do Country Heat for my cardio. LwC has a few different programs so I need to check them out to see what the differences are and which one I would most likely stick with. We'll see.

SB - Great job with your walks (and PT and kb swings)! It seems like you are doing a great job getting back on track. I'm glad that your ortho confirmed that the slight swelling is normal; it's surprising to hear that it could last for up to a year. I'm also glad that she was able to weigh in definitively on the antibiotics for the root canal. Sounds like you're really getting back to your old routine of exercising, running errands and socializing; I'm glad for you! I need to get out and go to the store. It rained all day yesterday here as a result of Ian, but the weather was not nearly as bad as they had predicted. I hope there's still plenty of bread and milk at the store. Hope you have a great day!
Old 10-01-22, 09:35 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

With everything I had going on yesterday I only managed to do my PT exercises and stretches last night but it's ok. We have some chilly rainy weather for the next several days so I should really try to push myself to do some weight work.

CAMBET, just getting up and getting your steps late at night sounds like more than enough right now. I can't believe that coworker is still causing so much trouble after all this time. It sounds exhausting -- for her too. Doesn't she get tired of fighting all the time? Ugh. That's a terrible way to live and work.

Sounds like you're doing a lot of good research on a weight program. I hope you find something that fits in with your schedule. I do feel like I'm finally getting back to a somewhat normal routine.
It does feel good. I'm glad you didn't get too much impact from Ian. Such a scary storm. I guess we're getting some of the residual rain this weekend but nothing scary thankfully.

Have a wonderful day!!
Old 10-02-22, 11:14 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday:

PT exercises & stretches
Push ups and plank
60 kettlebell swings

I think the no walking is going to continue for another day or two. Chilly, damp, windy gray, Ugh. At least not as much rain as they predicted.

Hi CAMBET & NORA.

Have a wonderful day!!
Old 10-03-22, 07:01 AM  
cambet

Good Morning,

Saturday I did CH: Down & Dirty and Cardio Round Up during the day to help with my hourly step goals and Dance Mash Up at night. Made it to over 10,500 steps for the day.

Yesterday I did CH: Country Swing during the day and Wild Goose Chase at night to make it to over 10,100 step for the day.

SB - Sorry to hear that the rain is keeping you from your outdoor walks for a few days, but good job with your other exercises. Ideally, how long would they like you to keep doing the PT exercises?

My troublesome coworker self-admittedly suffers from some kind of paranoia, and she is just, in general, a fairly miserable person who is often unpleasant to be around, especially when her paranoia flares up and she goes through these bouts of stirring the pot. This time her verbal attacks were not aimed at me (as is often the case - insert eye roll), but at another coworker who was trying to plan something with her in good faith, but she is being unreasonable (my coworker has come to me several times to keep me in the loop about the situation, since if what he is planning doesn't work out, it will probably create more work for me). This situation is going to require another meeting with the provost, and I'll schedule another meeting with HR, just to cover my bases. Uggghh, like I don't have enough work to do without dealing with this ridiculousness (it is exhausting, btw; thanks for noticing that ; insert eye roll again). But, it will all be okay! I hope you have a good day and I'm going to try to do the same!