Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-19-22, 09:35 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday:

PT exercises & stretches (20 minutes)
60 kettlebell swings

I also did some PT exercises Friday.
Saturday was a busy day for me. Breakfast with my kids at a diner then I visited with my sister and niece for the afternoon. I made it up the stairs at my sister's condo too! When I do a lot of activity like that I don't want to push it with further exercise because I can feel my ankle swelling a little and getting a little sore so it's time to rest.

I go back to the ortho next Friday so I'll see what she thinks when she sees me.
I'm going to ask about the continued swelling, which I understand is normal but I like to check. LOL. I'll also ask her thoughts on taking antibiotics before a root canal as I need to schedule that too.
I don't know if I mentioned when I went to the dentist last week for a cleaning the hygienist wanted me to take antibiotics first since I have the plate and screws in my ankle which is considered a foreign object in my body and it could get infected if bacteria gets in my bloodstream I didn't take them for the cleaning but I will check before the root canal.

CAMBET, it's perfectly understandable to just crash after such a busy workday.
I'm glad you accept your limitations on days like that. You sure did make up for it the next day. Good job. I'm thinking of trying for a walk today. I do walk pretty slowly and somewhat awkwardly still but a short neighborhood walk should be fine.
I'm probably ready for some MR too. I'll probably try and fit a couple of her workouts in too this week. Or maybe something from youtube that's short.
LWR is usually good for short but effective routines.

Hi NORA.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!
summer breeze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-22, 07:28 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

I did try a short neighborhood walk yesterday. I didn't get too far. I walk slowly and my ankle is still stiff. But I was feeling occasional pain as I walked so I opted to cut it short. I may use the exercise bike my friend let me borrow until I feel more comfortable walking. It's definitely a very slow process and I don't want to push it.

Have a wonderful day!!
Old 09-20-22, 08:40 AM  
cambet

Good Morning!

Sunday I did BR: Week 2, Workout 1 and some of CHE: Rope & Ride to help with my hourly step goals. I also spent a lot of time cleaning and organizing around the house. Made it to over 11,500 steps for the day.

I made sure to get in the BR workout on Sunday because Monday was my birthday so I figured that I would not want to work out since I had to work all day and in the evening I had a board meeting for a local organization that I knew would last until around 7:00 pm. On Sunday I did something that I had not done before. In preparation for my birthday I decorated the house for fall, bought flowers, put out some scented candles, changed the bed linens, and cleaned the kitchen and main bathroom with the idea that I wanted to wake up in as pleasant a place as possible, so that I would feel comfortable and happy that morning, and I did. It was a lovely morning before I headed in to work.

Last night after the meeting I had dinner with the Italy crew and I may have had a little too much Prosecco. I didn't get home until late, but found that I had around 8,500 steps, so I decided to finish up CHE: Rope & Ride and made it to over 10,300 steps before midnight. It was a good day.

SB - Wow, I'm impressed by how far you've come. I'll be interested to know what they say about the continued swelling, which probably is normal, but I understand your concern. I'm glad you've been able to enjoy time with family, and kudos to you for making it up the stairs to your sisters condo and for trying a short neighborhood walk! It's probably good that you cut it short, but at least you are getting out there and trying. I guess that this phase of continued recovery will just take a little time too. Hang in there! Hope you have a great day!

Hi Nora.
Old 09-21-22, 10:44 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday:

19 minute outdoor walk
15 minute PT exercises & stretches.

I tried another walk yesterday because the weather has been so lovely. I went with DD and I felt a little more confident. I could link her arm if I felt a little unsteady.
I think I have a little PTSD from the fall. I kept my eyes down looking for cracks and uneven surfaces so I wouldn't roll my ankle. I'm sure that will pass in time. I may do something indoors today but this weather is tempting me.

CAMBET, happy belated birthday!! What a lovely morning you made for yourself Good job on continuing with BR and getting your step totals especially after some Prosecco. Thanks for your support. I need to keep reminding myself slow and steady. Well my ankle reminds me too. lol

Hi NORA.

Have a wonderful day!!
Old 09-22-22, 09:14 AM  
cambet

Good Morning!

Tuesday I took a day off from life. Well, half a day, I did do some work in the afternoon. In spite of doing CHE: Wild Horse during the day to help with my hourly step goals I only made it to 6,600 steps, and I was ok with that. I went to bed early and slept a lot, which was nice to be able to do.

Yesterday I got my hair done and got in late but found that I only needed about 1800 steps to make it to 10,000, so I gently did a little over half of CHE: Rope & Ride to make it to over 10,500 steps for the day.

Well the combination of my birthday, a break for a day to get some rest, and getting my hair done at the salon have thrown me off of my BR rotation, but I'll get back to it soon. If not today, I'll get back to it this weekend.

SB - Good job with your outside walk. It's totally understandable that you would have some PTSD from your fall; it really threw things for a loop! I'm sure with time, you'll start to feel more and more comfortable with walking outside. In the meantime, I'm glad that you had your dd to hold on to if you felt unsteady. Maybe shortish walks with her (or some other walking partner if she's not available) is a good way to get yourself back on track. You've done such a good job of being careful. Hope you have a good day!
Old 09-23-22, 09:27 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

I went a little off my regimen doing just regular stuff that I haven't been able to do in awhile but I hope to get back to some exercising again soon. I had my out of state friend visiting again so that was nice.

CAMBET, a break sounds like just what you needed. Life just happens sometimes.
We just pick it back up another day.

Have a wonderful weekend!
Old 09-25-22, 08:16 AM  
cambet

Good Morning,

Let's see, Thursday I worked from home, finished up CHE Rope & Ride and started Wild Goose Chase during to the day to help with my hourly step goals. That night I had about 5,500 steps and I actually surprised myself by getting up and exercising (usually it takes about 7,000 steps for me to be willing to add a workout at night). I finished Wild Goose Chase and did all of Cardio Round Up. Made it to over 10,300 steps for the day.

Friday was a very active day at work. I ended up taking a 13 min walk around campus to deliver a few things. Made it to over 10,100 steps without an additional workout.

Yesterday I went shopping in the morning and cut the grass in the front in the evening, which helped with the steps by the time I actually got to doing a workout. Last night I did CH: Trail Ride. Made it to over 12,700 steps for the day.

SB - I imagine that it's nice to be able to enjoy just doing regular stuff again! I hope that you had a good time with your visiting friend. Happy Sunday!
Old 09-25-22, 09:57 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday I managed 100 kettlebell swings.
I should keep up with my PT exercises and stretches a little bit longer I think.
We went out last night with friends celebrating DD's birthday which is Tuesday and there's more celebrating today with DS and his gf so I'll see what I can accomplish exercise related.

CAMBET, always a good day reaching your step goals. Nicely done. I very rarely can motivate myself to exercise in the evening and I don't even work. lol

Have a great day!
Old 09-26-22, 06:20 AM  
cambet

Good Morning,

Yesterday I did CHE: Rope & Ride during the day to help with my daily step goals, and half of Wild Goose Chase at night to make it to over 10,300 steps for the day.

SB- Good job with the kb swings! I think that one of my primary motivators for working out last week was that a friend sent a large cake (chocolate ganache) for my birthday that was delivered after I had already celebrated with the Italy crew. So, I had a whole cake here and I live by myself. I ate one piece on my birthday and then took it to work to share with my coworkers (of course, I had to eat a piece with them ), and then later I took what was left and shared it with my hairdresser. So, I really only ate 3-4 pieces over a few days, but it was still a lot more cake than I usually eat, so I thought that I better get in as much extra movement as possible. And, I'm happy to report that at my check-in yesterday I had only gained .4 lbs.

Happy Birthday (a day early) to your DD. Hope you and your family have a great time celebrating! Have a great day!
Old 09-26-22, 09:01 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

I am hoping to get back to some daily walking this week even if it is shorter and slower. We're supposed to have that lovely fall weather that I love this week.

CAMBET, good job on the step total.
I do understand about the cake being a motivator to move more. I've been eating more than usual with these birthday celebrations for DD. Thanks for the birthday wishes for her. My appetite in general has increased since I'm more active and not just sitting in the cast anymore.
So I need to keep an eye on that too.
Congrats on basically maintaining your weight through the birthday week

Have a wonderful day!