Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-04-22, 07:54 AM  
cambet

Friends in Fitness - Fall 2022

Newcomers welcome!! Join us!!

Whatever you do for fitness, walking, running, stepping, dancing, yoga, weights, pilates, kettle bells, swimming, biking, etc., come join us and we will try to encourage, inspire, support, and motivate you to achieve your goals!!

Have a happy and healthy fall!
Old 09-04-22, 09:27 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Yay CAMBET, thanks for starting the new thread!
Glad you survived the first week of classes.
Good step totals. Keep us posted if you decide to do BR. I can understand CE being too much. With your schedule just getting your steps in is a great accomplishment.
Thanks for the cheers. I'm excited but scared too of course. I'm taking it slow and will keep you posted. ETA - Fall has become my favorite season too.

Hi NORA.

Have a wonderful day!!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-22, 08:44 AM  
cambet

Good Morning,

Last night I found that I only had about 4,000 steps so I was proud of myself for getting up and doing two CHs, Country Swing & Giddy Up, to make it to over 10,500 steps for the day.

Well, when I did my weigh-in yesterday I found that I gained 4.4 lbs last week. I'm not surprised; I ate in the school cafeteria every day last week except one and didn't take my lunch at all. I also let myself eat whatever I wanted on Fri & Sat and didn't track my calories. This weight gain was a great motivator to commit to taking my lunch in the future. In the cafeteria I don't handle portion control well and I don't pass up dessert (they have 6-8 every day; very difficult to resist ). Part of the reason that I didn't take my own lunch is that I didn't cook last week, but I'm going to cook today and get myself back on track with my eating. And I'll start back tracking today.

SB - Thanks for your encouraging words. I think that I'm going to start BR today (I'm so glad to have the day off!) and see how it goes. I looked through all of the Beachbody programs last night and nothing that fits into the 30-min range stood out to me as a program I was interested in. I'll see if I can handle BR. I feel like I should be doing something more than CH. Have you set up your PT yet? How long will that last? I think that I said it before, but I think that the fact that you are an exerciser will help make PT more manageable. I'm looking forward for the cooler temps of fall to kick in soon. Hope you have a great day!
Old 09-05-22, 08:58 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

It feels so good to be able to get around more easily and starting to do things --cautiously -- around the house. I may be overdoing it a little though. My ankle is feeling very sore so I'll rest it a little more between walking/chores. I'm limping too because the foot/ankle area is stiff and sore. Hopefully PT will help with all that.

CAMBET, yes great job getting those step totals in at night. Eating out, even in a cafeteria, is always dicey and hard to track.
I actually lost about 5 or so lbs since I've been laid up. I suppose some of it could be muscle unfortunately since I haven't exercised in 3 months but my clothes are loose too. It was really down to just eating a lot less due to the anxiety of the injury and just not being able to get into the kitchen to pick like I usually do.
I'm sure you'll get back on track. Sometimes it is nice to just let loose and not worry about every little bite.

I have a script for 12 PT sessions. I'll call to set it up first thing tomorrow morning.
Most places were closed for the holiday weekend. I agree that being an exerciser should make PT more manageable.
I'll see what they have me doing and may even be able to do a lot of it at home myself since I'm used to home exercising.

Have a wonderful day!!
Old 09-05-22, 03:21 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

SB - don't make me go back to the last thread to catch up - what did you do to your ankle? I'd probably have to go back weeks to find out! Next question: what does BR stand for? You mentioned a day off of work. Last time I was here, you were retired! What are you doing these days for work?

Speaking of work Cambet - I love reading your posts because they remind me of how happy I am to be retired from teaching. This time of year is now a reminder of how glad I am to not be doing that any more! it sounds like you're doing great with getting your steps in, as usual!

As for me, I've had a really busy and fun summer. Mostly I walked every day, except if a did a bike ride. I also have been going to Pilates or Yoga at least once a week. Strength training has gone by the wayside, but that usually happens in the summer so fine!

happy labor day people!
Old 09-06-22, 08:19 AM  
cambet

Good Morning,

Yesterday I did CHE: Rope & Ride and Wild Goose Chase (though I ended up subbing in some different moves). Made it to over 10,300 steps for the day.

I know that I said that I was going to start Body Revolution (BR), but I found myself on the fence about it last night. I looked at some other programs again, but I do think that I'm going to give it a go.

SB - I guess it only makes sense that the ankle is sore and stiff. I'm sure it will get better as the PT kicks in. I know it's nice to be able to move around more easily ; I'm sure you'll be careful. I'm hoping to make my way to the kitchen less often and without injury.

Nora - It sounds like your summer was delightful. Yay! I still enjoy the excitement that I feel about being back in the classroom and interacting with students! The tons of meetings and emails, and dept drama are for the birds (insert eye roll).

Hope you both have a good day!
Old 09-06-22, 08:47 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

I called PT this morning and they'll be getting back to me soon with a schedule hopefully. I resorted to the ace bandage yesterday to just try to ease a little of the soreness as I navigated around the kitchen.
I had DS and his gf over for an indoor bbq.
LOL. It was fun.

NORA, I broke my ankle on June 14 and I've been laid up all summer. It wasn't healing so I had to have surgery on July 11, plate and screws. I've been non weight bearing since then while it healed. I was able to finally put weight on it around August 26 with a boot and walker and this past Friday she gave the go ahead to walk on my own sans boot and walker. Of course after almost 3 months it's stiff and sore and I'm limping so off to PT I go. On a happier note, sounds like you had a great summer!

I'm still retired so I'm not sure what I said about work. LOL. I was toying with the idea of something part time but that's clearly on the back burner for now.

As CAMBET explained, BR is Jillian Michaels Body Revolution set. That's Cambet possibly doing those workouts, not me

CAMBET, good job with your step totals. And it is good to see you're still excited about the classroom and student part of your job!

Have a wonderful day!!
Old 09-06-22, 01:47 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Today, I did my usual 5k walk. It's really starting to feel like fall around here. Nice and cool for walking. I like it.

SB - OMG - sorry about your ankle. How did you do that? I guess it wasn't the happiest of summers for you. Anyhow, I hope that you're on the road to recovery with the PT. It sounds like it was a bad break.

I guess I was reading something from Cambet that mentioned work, and thought it was you! Sorry about that.

Cambet, it's great that you feel that way about work. I know that feeling of excitement you have going back after the summer. I just wasn't feeling it anymore! I hope you have a great semester and that the emails, meetings and politics don't get to you!
Old 09-07-22, 08:12 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Quick message as I prepare for class.

Yesterday was a challenging day for a number of reasons. I had 7,900 steps by the time I got home from work late. I did CHE: Wild Horse and made it to over 10,200 steps for the day.

SB- I'm sure that the ankle soreness will lessen with time, at least I hope so. Glad that you got to enjoy Labor Day with an indoor bbq with your ds and his gf.

Nora- Great job with your walk. I'm also looking forward to cooler fall temps! Thanks for the good wishes!
Old 09-07-22, 01:04 PM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

A quick check-in on my first PT session today. It was an evaluation and he had me doing some stretches and exercises too.
He thinks I should be good to go in a few weeks so here's hoping he's right *fingers crossed*. He also thinks I should be driving and walking around the neighborhood with a cane too so I need to step up my game.

NORA, it was just one of those freak things.
I was walking on a wedge heel and my ankle rolled out and I couldn't catch my balance and went down. We're a little cooler but it's humid and rainy. Hopefully soon we'll have that crisp fall weather.

CAMBET, nice getting the step totals in at the end of the day

Have a wonderful day!