Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-22, 10:10 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quick post.... I hope -- I need to wind down -- really early morning tomorrow.....

ok, I just ordered a dvd player! My dvd player is not all that old, I don't think, but it was very cheap, so probably why it's not HDMI -- that did not even occur to me!! Doh! I'm not sure I got any sort of cyber Monday deal, but it wasn't too expensive. Chele, I did try all of the HDMI options on the remote, so I don't think that was the problem. In the quick research I just did now, I'm wondering if I had sort of a reverse adapter cable compared with what I needed. That is, someone was asking about hooking up an HDMI dvd player to an older tv, and they needed an adapter cable. I'm thinking the cable I bought was maybe meant to work that way, instead of getting the "older" dvd player to an HDMI tv. But I know nothing about all of this -- clearly! I hope this will solve my problem -- guessing it will -- YAY!!!

Oh, Chele, is Glass Onion the Knives Out sequel? I just heard there would be one. I loved that movie, but I was leery about a "sequel". Very intrigued!

oh kittybug! Your workout and ball woes!!

Ok, off to prep for tomorrow and get to bed! Thanks, again! you guys!!
Old 11-28-22, 10:44 PM  
ChelePA

Bath… a new DVD player is probably cheaper than buying more HDMI cables. Hope it works out. Netflix said there will be a third movie in the future. I really enjoy the more light hearted who dunnit mysteries.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-22, 08:26 AM  
Mickey12

Just a quick post for Cataddict. I think I'm going to do Amy Bento Cardio Pump Hi/Lo today. I did two Jenny Ford walking workouts this morning that were pretty choppy and dull. Anyway, the Amy Bento one only has about 20 minutes of cardio, so you might want to include something else too.
Old 11-29-22, 10:19 AM  
ChelePA

Lite Metabolic Premix-Standing Chapters Only. Live Cycling Class celebrating Taylor Swift’s Midnights Album. Finished with Cathe’s Extended Stretch #2.
Old 11-29-22, 02:12 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Oh, Kim, I think I may have to break up with you and not do Amy's Cardio Pump today. But can we still be friends?? I actually started that one a few months ago and it didn't click with me then. However, I AM looking for a total body workout today so I *might* give it another shot...

Yesterday I did a Chris Dorner Intermediate-Advanced Step that she did outside by herself on August 13th. Funny but at the beginning she said that since she was outside she couldn't read and respond to comments and said "there are people saying 'good'" and I laughed since that's exactly what I was thinking to myself!! Second funny is that a car pulled up and parked behind her and out came Louie and she called him and he wanted nothing to do with her! LOL! I think he was more interested in sniffing and running outside since it looked like a beautiful day! Oh, and the workout itself was a boatload of fun---great combinations and the time flew by!

bee, haha about buying a new DVD player. They really are reasonably priced these days, and I think Chele is right that you would probably spend more in dollars and aggravation trying to make what you have work than just buying a more updated player. Yes, I think I got what you were trying to say---the adapter you got was for adapting Old TV to New DVD Player rather than what you have which is New TV to Old DVD Player. Older technology-wise, I mean.

Oh and I meant to comment about those of you with strained, non existent, and/or unresolved relationships with your fathers. I'm so sorry. Real life family sure isn't like the idealized versions they show on TV and in the movies. I'm lucky that I had a father who loved me and was proud of me. He was far from perfect and my adult self realizes that he was a much better father than a husband and partner to my mother, but I never doubted for a moment that he loved me. It does seem that we somehow learn to adapt to our circumstances and create the best life for ourselves that we can.

Hugs to all!!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-22, 06:16 PM  
Mickey12

Cataddict, sorry you’re not loving Amy’s Cardio Pump Hi/Lo. I did it after work today and I thought it was great fun! My only complaint was that it was frantically fast. But the cardio section is so short that it almost didn’t matter. The choreography is easy, the music is great, and I thought it was a lot of fun. The weight section is also short as the entire workout is only 45 minutes.

This weekend is the Christmas festival in Gettysburg. We’re going with my husband’s sister and her husband. I’m getting very excited for it! Oh, and we really loved the TSO concert. Wow! The lasers!
Old 11-29-22, 06:45 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Hey all,

Today was Cathe's Step Sync which I've never done a lot of and hadn't done in so long it was again new to me. I needed something low-key today and this was perfect.

Aaaand in things I can't make up news, so my husband is a bit of a car guy. He got rid of his last Garage Queen despite alllll the time and money he poured into it and all the newborn white kittens he used to polish it because the mechanic told him to, pronto. Apparently there was a part on there that could catastrophically fail, rendering said Queen an oversized paperweight and the company had stopped producing said part. Husband sold the car back to the dealer friend he bought it from who took it to auction.

After much hemming and hawing, he then found another Queen toy candidate from a dealer in a neighboring state. When consulting me, I reminded him he has the WORST car karma (car-ma) in the world and is this really a good idea? Seriously. I could tell stories. But I'm not the boss of him and he is an adult who can make his own decisions, right? I just will reserve the right to eye rolls and I told you so's.

So after much back and forth, he strikes a deal, and the dealer sends his transport driver to deliver the car to my husband's work. As the transport driver is backing the car off the truck, the back end of the car goes into a slight dip in the parking lot, just enough so the front lip of the car catches on the back end of the truck, pulling the front bumper OFF of the car, totally.

The paperwork hadn't even been finished.

Like I said, I can't make this up. I'm not that creative. I'm already getting my best 'I told you so' ready. But anyway, in credit to the dealer, he has already arranged for repair at a local shop at no cost to my husband, of course, since it was the transport guy's fault.

But seriously.

And on that note, I must run. And I must find some patience somewhere before he gets home!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-22, 07:29 AM  
ChelePA

Yikes Kittybug…. I can’t even imagine how your husband felt when the bumper was ripped off. Holy cow!!! And your warning to boot. Glad it will be repaired and then he can work on his next project. My brother-in-law buys used, much older cars and works on them. They look incredible when finished! Kim-does your husband also?

Funny story. I told you my husband is working on a project in Mexico. He has a crew living in America for the next few weeks. He bought a World Cup soccer ball and some gear as a prize for whoever guesses the winner, and comes closest to the score. He had everyone sign the ball. Yesterday we’re sitting down for dinner and he tells my daughter that he put Soccer is Life like they discussed when he signed it. She’s taking an Intro Spanish Class. It should say Futbol es Vida. He’s all proud of himself until we burst out laughing. He said verde instead of vida. Even I know that’s green in Spanish, and I took French. Ha ha. He’s then debating with my daughter what she told him to write. We had such a good laugh. At the end, he couldn’t remember which word he used. He will find out today.
Old 11-30-22, 08:30 AM  
horusosiris

Hello to All

Our huge extended family spend Thanksgiving with my son and his family who live in a suburb outside of Boston. We had a great time and ate way too much!

I have been doing Cathe, barre and Hamelin. My new work schedule does not allow me to be as consistent with my workouts as I would like but I am working on it.

Kate- have you done any of the workouts in BBOD Fire and Flow?I wish that Beachbody would showcase people in their workouts with “real bodies” and have more age diversity.

Chel- Funny story – Vide/Verde! Glad that you enjoyed Glass Onion. We went to see Black Adam with The Rock. Who would not love a movie that features The Rock!

Kitty- glad that the car will be repaired at no expense to your husband. Kitty I am with you on your thought -- Is it Spring yet?

Bee – what make and model DVD player did you buy?

Mickey- I have not done any Amy Bento workouts in quite a while. I wonder what she is up to these days?

Have a wonderful Hump Day!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-22, 11:59 AM  
ChelePA

Horusosiris… it must’ve made you so happy to be able to celebrate the holiday with your big family. I know you missed those days.

Finishing the last day of my Lite Rotation. Warmed up with Cardio Party. Can’t be said enough-this one just makes me happy! PHA 2 timesaver premix that completes each circuit only once. Abs and extended stretch #1. Tacked on a 20 minute peloton treadmill walk. Rainy today so we won’t get out later.

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in