Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-27-22, 08:32 AM  
sciencelady

Crone Cronies - Mail Your Packages Now So the Mailman Can Lose Them By Dec 25. 11/27

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-22, 08:54 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Thanks, Laura for the list of titles again!

I've got the house pretty much decorated for the holiday - just expecting some Christmas cards to come in the mail and I'll be writing up a set to mail out also. Yesterday was warm enough that I just walked in my sweatshirt - no jacket! Today, I'll be back to the jacket for my walk. Nothing planned for the day other than working on transferring photos to the frame.

Vantreesta, Paella is a wonderful Spanish dish with saffron rice, seafood, veggies and meats mixed in - I've seen it made on grills in the pan! The one I bought had seafood - mussels and shrimp, veggies and rice. I haven't seen many places bring their buffets back yet due to Covid - I kind of miss them, but appreciate not getting the virus!

Laura, your lazy days sound like my busy days . I did finish decorating my little tree - broke a few balls decorating - that's my way to downsize in this ornament collection . I hope you are able to video your brother and his family for the holiday.

Paula, I'm not sure if my brother kept the crystal dishes from my mom or sold it off or gave it to his wife's kids, but I don't have any and no missing of that pile. I still have my old set of dishes and may use them in my new place as the colors may go better in that environment. I'll see when I get there...

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 11-27-22, 04:21 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Thanks for getting us started, Anita. I loved this week's theme because the timing this week is so perfect for it. Have you ever heard the one about how to describe the three main package delivery services?

UPS - Your package will be delivered tomorrow at 10:32 a.m. by Bill. He has blue eyes.

FedEx - Your package will get there when it gets there.

USPS - What package?

Today is a day that just has melted away. We had a mad kitty this morning because it was a gray, rainy, miserable morning, so there was a lot of stomping around going on. Then, she slept much of the day away and I kicked her out this afternoon because the came out.

This morning, we went to church virtually, I loaded and started the dishwasher, and I put in a load of laundry. This afternoon, I did a pick-up at Walmart. Now, I need to go put that laundry in the dryer...

Anita - Well, that's one way to downsize! Have you considered applying that method, breaking stuff, to the kitchen? I always think that your putzing days sound busy to me. I think we find different things to do around the house easy.

Paula - I'm glad that the headache is gone. I hope you can get past the effects soon. Yeah, our plan is to get ready for Christmas at a relaxed pace. Now that our SIL has rallied and may even go home from the hospital soon, we have the sense that we will definitely be going at Christmas. It's feels good to have things more settled.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-22, 09:09 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 27 Walking with Weights and a neighborhood walk with DH.

Groceries and food prep today.

Anita, thanks for getting us started and thanks Laura for another funny theme. You are industrious, I haven't pulled out the Xmas decorations yet or the cards and all of that. Maybe I'll start tomorrow - DH will be working on the plane all day so I'll have a day at home to maybe get started on some decorating. I hope someone in the family or your brothers' family got the crystal and china.

Laura, I take you have more faith in UPS than the other Fed Ex or USPS. Glad Polly told the Universe what was what and the sun came out so she could enjoy it. Yes, Anita's plan of breaking things is a fool proof way to downsize. Glad to hear your SIL is doing better. A more relaxed Christmas with family sounds good.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-22, 09:05 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I'm meeting a friend at a coffee shop this morning - she's in town to see her son, but now lives down in NC. Afterwards, I'll continue walking in our neighborhood. Spades tonight. I'm doing pretty good collecting photos from my old computer, but still need to get some assorted ones on a computer stick for transfer to the frame. I'll feel better about putting this old computer to rest after these pictures get collected from it.

Laura, I'm glad I'm not trying to mail anything other than Christmas cards this season ! Stomping kitty - that I'd love to see and laugh at! I'm debating whether to put some of my old Christmas lights that work on the giveaway group on Facebook for our neighborhood. I'm now using some LED lights on my tree and am not decorating my roof with light trim any more - figure someone else could use them!

Paula, I remember my parent's house stuffed to the gills with things - when my mom married a second time she got all he collected during his life on top of what she had. It's one reason I've been into downsizing my things - I'm pretty minimal compared to them. Mom probably had about ten sets of dishes in that house! Everything from casual to china. Right now my Christmas card box is just sitting on my dining room table, but hope to get to it this week and done by about 12/10.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 11-28-22, 09:57 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula View Post

Vantreestra, even if you can't eat humminbird cake because of the pineapple, there are plenty of other types of cake to enjoy. I understand about headaches creating pain behind the eyes - I've sure felt it, not exactly as you descibe but pain behind the eyes for sure. I would feel tension coming up the back of my neck and I knew I had about 30 minutes to leave work and get home before my vision closed down. I had about a 30 minue commute and I barely made it once or twice. My boss understood because she had headaches too. Luckily migraines didn't strike me at work very often. I still get these odd snaking lights across my vision sometimes. My doctor says they are ocular migraines but there's no pain because of some reason I can't remember. Suffice it to say after menopause you may occassionally have some migraine symptoms without the actual pain. I never tried the Ultimate Yogi, I knew those practices were too long for me. If you decide to try Empower in January, I'd like your impressions, although I'll probably stick with Pahla. You started 8 challenges in January this year - were they for a month each or longer?
Paula, those headaches sound scary! I'm glad you don't have them anymore. Yeah, migraines are an interesting animal. You can have aura without a headache. There are many types of migraines, including vestibular that I've been looking at some bc they have dizziness with them. There are also abdominal migraines, which sounds just bizarre, but reading about them I wonder if I didn't have them as a kid. I had a lot of stomach issues that looking back I figured were just anxiety but don't really know. I had to take this nasty medicine after I ate. But I don't actually think food was ever my problem back then. It's only as an adult that I haven't been able to eat pineapple and flaxseed and became lactose intolerant. I use the Migraine Buddy app to try to track things and they also have info in the app. Fewer headaches would be a big plus for menopause!

Anita and Laura, thanks for explaining paella. I thought it was a Spanish dish but wasn't sure.

Anita, the buffets around here and where my father-in-law lives up north have been open pretty much since things opened back up. Pizza Hut had done away with the buffet before that, I think. There are fewer dine-in Pizza Huts than there used to be. Ours here in town is just delivery and carry-out, I think. You're doing a great job getting your pictures organized and transferred! I need to back up the ones on my phone and then clean up what's actually on it. I can have them all on my computer but I really don't need thousands of them on my phone. Your approach to the Christmas lights being smthg someone else can be getting use from is how I'm trying to think about decluttering. I have so much stuff! The upstairs spare room of dumping can barely be walked into at the moment. Hubby is not happy.

Laura, I'm glad your SIL is doing better and you can make Christmas plans more calmly. It's hard to feel like you're scrambling all the time. Polly sounds like she has a very big personality!

Paula, I'll let you know what I think of Empower. It's Travis so I can't imagine I will have anything negative to say!

We were at my father-in-law's from Wed night through yesterday. Got home around 5:30 last night. It was so good to pick up my boy from the kennel! I miss him before we even drop him off. I am so very grateful that he does so well at the kennel given his distrust of most humans. They love him there, and when I paid for the new boarding package yesterday the girl said oh that makes me so happy, it means I get 25 more nights with Cyric! I mostly did Sudoku the whole time we were there. I took my crochet bag but never did any. I know once I find a project and get started I will be drawn back in, but like most things, it's the getting started that's hard! I also did a little workout scheduling/planning but didn't let myself get carried away with it like usual.

This week's plan (at minimum):
Monday-groceries DONE, laundry ONE LOAD DONE, car wash DONE, PT and yoga-not done
Tuesday-pancakes DONE, yoga-not done, ANOTHER LOAD OF LAUNDRY DONE, TIDIED UP SOME BY PUTTING THINGS AWAY
Wednesday-oil change DONE, cleaning NOT CLEANING BUT DECLUTTERING & PUTTING AWAY, glutes and yoga-not done
Thursday-cleaning, maybe decorating, PT and yoga YOGA DONE, ANOTHER LOAD OF LAUNDRY DONE
Friday-decorating, yoga
Saturday-maybe still decorating, glutes and yoga

I have to go one day and buy and ship my gift for the gift exchange. I also bought a ton of new workouts recently that I need to catalog and make cards for (DONE). I'm probably waiting till January to get them all put away since it's going to be a chore putting them in where they belong. I'm determined not to just stick them somewhere so I have a major reorganizing project again in the future.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-22, 10:31 AM  
Vantreesta

Somehow I am fortunate and rarely have issues with any shipping. I actually had to text my neighbor this wknd to pick up boxes of our porch that weren't supposed to be delivered till today and then today I got the package that wasn't supposed to be here till Wednesday. They were both UPS and USPS.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-22, 02:54 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Today is a really nice day, sunny and relatively warm. This morning, DH was up before me and didn't let Polly out for a while until it warmed up some. She let me pet her and loved on me some after I got up, but when DH tried to pet her, she loudly MEOWED at him and stomped off. She was mad at him for not letting her out, which was fine with me.

I went to the YMCA and got in some exercise. I fixed a new-to-me recipe using most of the leftover turkey today, a chicken veggie casserole topped with gluten-free dumplings on top. This afternoon, I have a Zoom training session.

Anita - Where in NC is your friend from? I think gifting someone else with those lights sounds like a productive idea.

Vantreesta - We say that Polly has a well-developed personality. She lived outside with support from the neighborhood for 5 years and is 13 years old, so it's not too surprising. It looks like you have a well-planned week.

Paula - Actually, those summaries seemed accurate with their communication. Once I was trying to figure out when a FedEx package would arrive and they basically did say, "It will get there when it gets there today." I think the USPS DOES better than their communication would indicate.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-22, 09:33 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Yoga with Kassandra, Full Body Yin Yoga and a neighborhood walk.

I went to Costco today and that place was a zoo - not going back in there until January if I can help it.

Anita, I did get a little decorating done today. I need to start addressing cards too. Actually, I need to pull out the cards and see how many I have and If I need to buy more. Hope you enjoyed coffee with your friend.

Vantreestra, those headaches were scary and I'm glad they're over with. I've never heard of abdominal migraines - who knew? Many people become lactose intolerant with age - I've had that problem all my life. I don't have any problem with flaseed meal or pineapple though. It's wonderful Cyric does so well at the Kennel, that must be a big weight off youor mind. I've had pretty good luck with shipping to. We keep a mailbox at the UPS store and things get delivered there with little or no problems all the time. Glad you had a nice visit with your FIL.

Laura, Vantreestra is right - Polly has a big personality and lots to say and no hesitation to let her feelings out. Nice you found good uses for left over turkey. Love how Polly plays you and your DH.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-22, 09:14 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Today will be a snow day! It started this morning and will go on till about 6 pm - 3-8 inches have been predicted. Luckily I don't have to go anywhere today and could shovel twice if needed or see if I can get my snowblower working. Nothing officially planned for the day other than shoveling. I'll continue working on the photo transfer.

I did give away my spare Christmas lights yesterday - got a reply to my posting in about ten minutes and he came about two hours afterwards and picked them up - nice to declutter those lights! I still have LED lights that I'm using on my Christmas tree instead of the traditional bulbs and I have some LED tapes from Adelija - those are programmable for what color light you want. I've got more decluttering to do with outdoor hangers for the lights, but may pass on doing that till the weather warms up a bit outside later this week.

Vantreesta, I may be getting occasional auras without headaches - didn't know what was happening to me, but auras sound right. I may talk with my doctor now that I know what it may be called. I'm not at the point of having whole rooms crowded with stuff to declutter, but I've gotten two boxes for Christmas decorations - if I can get down to one, that would be great! I'm glad Cyric is doing well at his boarding place - Gus would shut down when I took him to a kennel and was told not to take him there again. I found a service in my neighborhood that took dogs into their house and Gus liked that.

Laura, I laugh at Polly's temperance! Your casserole sounds delicious! My friend is now living in Durham, NC - she's in a co-op trying it out for a while. It will be interesting to see how my co-op compares to hers. I'm glad I was able to find someone for the working Christmas lights - we've got drop-off for strands that don't work at our hazardous waste site, but I didn't want to toss working lights.

Paula, I'm avoiding all major stores till well after the Christmas rush! It was nice to spend time with my friend yesterday - I had a hot chocolate and a roll . I should start writing up my Christmas cards also...

Waves to all!

Anita