Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-15, 06:37 AM  
Julia

Rebounding/Trampoline and Weight Gain

Something very strange.. Ive been cutting my calories and have started rebounding for cardio-heavily, 30 minutes minimum all variations of jumping and Ive actually GAINED weight

I noticed many of the rebounding instructors are a little chubby, Im not sure if there is a correlation but Im trying to figure it out.

The same thing happened several years ago when I was swimming for cardio, I gained weight and became boxy.

Anyone have any reasons why? Id like to understand this weight gain

I really enjoy rebounding but will be cutting it out and doing other forms soon.
Julia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-15, 06:49 AM  
momof10

Julia - Check out my YouTube channel with rebounding workouts. I have been rebounding daily for over 2 years and I am not boxy at all. Maybe it's something else you are doing. Here is my link

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCJpvpFeEaI0LVTvcwmMTBng
Old 05-23-15, 09:56 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I rebound about 5 times/week and swim 2 to 3 times/week, have been doing that for a long time with no weight gain. I also do yoga, walk, barre, & low impact cardio as well.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-15, 10:05 AM  
spotted zebra

I've lost weight since rebounding. I'd look at diet but not from a calorie perspective. (Such as books by Gary Taubes, Eric Westman and others).
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-15, 10:11 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotted zebra View Post
I'd look at diet but not from a calorie perspective.
This is well stated.

I'm also curious about how old you are.

I could use cardio to keep trim when I was younger. That changed rapidly and profoundly very near my 35th birthday.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-15, 10:37 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

And I think the swimming changes were probably not really related -- if you are someone who puts on muscle easily, swimming, though it's cardio, will definitely put muscle on you as well!
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-15, 10:49 AM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

Julia - is it a solid weight gain (ie scale went up and is staying there for more than a few weeks) or is it fluctuating? Asking because my weight always goes up when I start a new program, by 2-3 pounds, then drops in a couple of weeks after my body gets used to it. With weights, I can go up 5 pounds easily even with "metabolic"/circuit weights, where you'd think the cardio sweat would offset the strength work.
Old 05-24-15, 08:16 AM  
Julia

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof10 View Post
Julia - Check out my YouTube channel with rebounding workouts. I have been rebounding daily for over 2 years and I am not boxy at all. Maybe it's something else you are doing. Here is my link

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCJpvpFeEaI0LVTvcwmMTBng
Thanks momof10. You look terrific for a mom of 10, or for anyone.
Old 05-24-15, 08:18 AM  
Julia

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
I rebound about 5 times/week and swim 2 to 3 times/week, have been doing that for a long time with no weight gain. I also do yoga, walk, barre, & low impact cardio as well.
Ok, So its just me

Ive been working out 2-3 times a day in an effort to lose weight and have also been doing kettlebells, yoga, pilates and walking... oh well
Old 05-24-15, 08:22 AM  
Julia

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotted zebra View Post
I've lost weight since rebounding. I'd look at diet but not from a calorie perspective. (Such as books by Gary Taubes, Eric Westman and others).
I will def check those out. Ive been eating lower calorie but have been thinking to switch to lower carb and see if that helps