Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-05-14, 08:17 AM  
dela

KCM Slim Sculption "motion blur" on my tv

Hi all, I played my new copy of Slim Sculpting on my PC and it looked fine from what I can recall, then I played it on my dvd player and the motion was definitely weird, I almost can't explain it except I was feeling motion sickness from watching it and wasn't able to do the workout because of it. It's like the filming couldn't keep up with the movement, so there was almost a little blur or extra movement.

Does anyone know if there is some setting on my dvd player I can modfiy? I should mention, while my tv is a flat screen, it's an old one, but I have never seen this problem before with this TV/DVD player combo.
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-14, 10:13 AM  
ddj
VF Supporter

I don't have that on this dvd but I have a similar problem with the foam roller dvd that Spinervals put out (can't remember the title or instructor). I don't know what causes it and no one else seemed to notice it so I wondered if it was just my disc.
Old 11-05-14, 12:45 PM  
Malia

I asked my hubby since he's kind of a tv geek and he said since it's a recent DVD it might have been filmed in High Def and if your TV isn't high def it could be having trouble keeping up with the resolution on the screen. I remember when we bought a new tv he wanted to make sure it was 240 hz instead of 120 (or something like that) because he said otherwise football would be blurry on action shots
Malia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-14, 01:05 PM  
dela

Thanks for the responses! I'm afraid maybe the TV is the problem. I am going to try it on a better tv upstairs and see what happens.
Old 11-05-14, 03:40 PM  
dela

Good news and bad news.

Good news - The dvd played fine on my upstairs TV and the workout looks good.

Bad news - I need a new TV

Actually, we have a newer TV I can swap for my old one that we don't use much anyway.