Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-07-20, 10:24 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
Hi fierce Watulans!

Yesterday I did Cardio Core Circuit, the cardio only premix. It was tough, probably at least in part to the ubiquitous heat, but also I think the core parts break up the cardio parts. Today I did HiiT Pyramid and Cathe Live at Five Metabolic Mish Mosh. For some reason Pyramid seemed way easier than when I did it before. It's been a long time so it's not like I am used to it. Who knows, but I had enough energy left to do the Live at Five an hour later. 40/20 kicked my butt, so I'm not superwoman!

Kate, welcome back. Glad things are progressing with your son and great that you are able to keep up with your workouts. Not surprised the beach was packed. Our local beaches have been busy since they've been reopened. I'm not a person who likes crowds, even when there isn't a health reason to stay away from people, so I haven't ventured close to the oceanfront. I also like "Be Fierce, Be Watulan, BE YOU!" Congrats on the job!

bee, I played the piano as a child, then took it up again in college for awhile, but haven't played in years. I had a baby grand piano but as I moved a whole lot it wasn't exactly portable and I had to let it go. I also played the flute for a couple of years but wasn't really all that good at it. I wish I still played an instrument, but a kazoo might be about it these days.

horusosiris, I'm really waffling about buying the Sleeks before Mary's sale is over. The sale price is pretty good, particularly with the VF discount and I have a buck or two in rewards. I probably need to do something different to challenge my muscles. I agree being a mesomorph has it's own challenges.

manleym, the only Shock Cardio I have left now is 30/30 HiiT. Yay! I actually like the music in this series. Familiar songs without the words (and thankfully no fake lyrics with the music--I did not like that at.all) Next is either Lower Body Blast or High Reps. These came out at the same time as Intensity, but I don't think they were intended to be a "series." The next series on my agenda is Low Impact. I seem to recall Afterburn was the one I used the most from this series, so it will be interesting to see what I think after doing the others.

kittybug, I also like the suggestion you made for RWH. If I ever get there (it's taking a looooong time! ) I will try it. I do recall doing the one armed burpees, at least with my right arm. My left arm has a tendency to get tendonitis (currently okay) so whether I would do them with my left or not depends on how it's feeling when I get there. P.S. My kazoo is ready for the band.

ChelePA, I know you're counting the days (hours?) until Friday and the AC gets fixed. Good for you for doing ANY kind of a workout in the heat.

kim, maybe you and I both do tambourines. I can kind of sing, was in the chorus, but they pretty much let anyone in.

Waves to all!
CCC is really tough doing cardio only! I find it one of the hardest workouts when done this way. Maybe that’s why the Pyramid Hiit seemed easier the second time around. But a double workout day. Wow! Good for you!!! 40/20 kicks my butt too. I think you will enjoy 30/30. Definitely the easiest of the three. I can’t wait until I feel comfortable with higher impact, more intense workouts. Still taking it easier on my foot.

And I’m definitely in the countdown for my air conditioning repair. Funny thing is the AC on my Mazda now needs to be fixed. There’s a hole in the condenser. This is not my summer to stay cool.
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-20, 11:28 AM  
Mickey12

I'm totally cracking up imagining what kind of sound we would make if we started a band!!! Bee on keyboards, Kittybug on drums, Horusosiris on cello or violin. Cataddict on kazoo. Me on tambourine. OMG!! Way too funny!!!

ChelePA those family evening walks sound great! Enjoy them!

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-20, 12:09 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Kazoo counts! Yes, let's have a virtual band. The Fierce Watulans, of course.

I don't know about the cardio only premix - I never got that far - but I agree with ChelePA, that is one tough workout! I think that may be the hardest Cathe I can remember -- that's my memory anyway. I should try the cardio only premix, which I know would be tough, but it was the core stuff that seemed impossible for me. Years ago..... (and I never tried it twice).

Oh Chele -- the A/C problems that plague you! I am sorry to hear about the car, too!!

I never needed a nap yesterday, amazingly. Even with reading some of A Peoples History of the United States, which could be snooze inducing, you know? This morning I was in the mood for some hiit, so after all the talk of Plyo here, I put in RWH Plyo 1. That was fine, but I do not know how you people can do the 1 and 2 combined premix!! Maybe I should try it someday but today was not that day. I wanted to do some yoga after, but felt short on time for a scheduled phone call. I could not find my Short & Sweet dvd so I ended up with the 36 sun salutations from UY. (my version of a "double workout") At first I told myself I didn't have to do them all, but in no time I was done and it was somewhat meditative, so a good thing for today. I'm somewhat stressed about a situation I don't even want to talk about because it just gets me going in a bad way. Hopefully I will have some forward progress on that today.

Is it time for band practice? (oh, I used to play the trumpet and the clarinet, too )
Old 07-08-20, 12:15 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hey!!! Oh my are my legs sore! I think it's a combination of Monday's Booty workout and yesterday's cardio. My inner thighs are sore!

So today's 80DO P2 Day 35 Total Body Core was a challenge when I got to some of the lower body stuff. I added on both the RwH Bonus Abs workouts and now my whole core is tight and feeling it!! The 2nd Ab workout is typical tough Cathe core work. She's amazing!

If I can join the band, I'm pretty good at playing the Jews Harp! ;-)

Manleym: I like RwH cardio but I agree on more variety.

Kim: Part time job is definitely better than nothing. And there is lots of room to grow!

ChelePA: sending energy to your AC! Hope it gets fixed soon!

kittybug: I love being fierce. Today Autumn kept talking about being fit and fierce and was really inspiring.

cataddict: CCC is one of my favs and will coming up later in my rotation. Tough stuff.

bee: I used to take the occasional nap but now I take the time and practice some Yoga instead. Always makes me feel better.

Here's a quote for you - Be All You Can Be! ;-)

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-20, 02:51 PM  
Mickey12

OMG Bee "The Fierce Watulans, of course." I can't stop laughing!!!!

Kate, please join the band!! I had to look up Jews harp because I never heard of it. That's really, really cool!!!

Kim
Old 07-08-20, 03:08 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
OMG Bee "The Fierce Watulans, of course." I can't stop laughing!!!!

Kate, please join the band!! I had to look up Jew's harp because I never heard of it. That's really, really cool!!!

Kim
I also had to look it up. Maybe you should all do a zoom meeting and play your instruments then send the video to the group . Would love to see it!

Today I did Lite PHA2. With abs bonus #1 and extended stretch #2. I forgot how much I enjoy these extended stretches. Exactly what I needed. This premix is a good one. Nice cardio effect from PHA2 followed by boxing inspired abs/planks that worked the whole core area. Ending with a longer stretch.
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-20, 05:20 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Maybe you should all do a zoom meeting and play your instruments then send the video to the group . Would love to see it!
That's a great idea, CelePA! How fun would THAT be!!! Tons, I tell ya!! TONS!! I would love to see it too!!

Today I did Cathe Live Low Impact Blast Off Circuit, followed by RWH Low Impact HiiT Scrambled Mix One (premix #7). This afternoon I did UY Vitality. The RWH premix alternated moves from Low Impact HiiT 1 with moves from Low Impact HiiT 2. So I really liked that - alternating a low impact cardio move from workout 1 with a low impact weighted move from workout 2. I wish it had been longer though. It was a total of 29 minutes, about 25 minutes of working time. There are 5 moves from workout 1 and 8 moves from workout 2. It was a great add on to another workout, and wish there was a "full version" premix alternating the two workouts. Then I did UY Vitality. I love having the time to spend really stretching and lengthening my muscles while doing the RWH series. I think yoga compliments RWH very well and I feel so good afterwards!

Waves to all! Will try to catch up further a little later! Hope you are all having a great day!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-20, 06:12 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

You Fierce Watulans are so funny!!! What a fun idea!

UG, I'm coming to the conclusion that RWH should be renamed to BWH...Breathless While Heaving!

I was feeling a bit low energy today but had planned Circuit Lower Body on 6 inches so that's what I did, plus bonus abs 1. Yay, 6 inches was fine on my ankle , but man, sweat, gasp, SWEAT.

I hear you, Manleym, on needing more yoga with this series! And more rest days! Tomorrow is Circuit Upper Body plus abs and then Friday is a rest day or if I have enough time, I really want to try the 'Double Trouble' yoga practice I saw on Travis' YouTube channel with him and Lauren both teaching. Looks like it's an hour long and I reallllllly want to try it before it's taken down!

Have I mentioned I'm really sore??? KateTT, you're in good company, hah!

Gotta run right now but I'll try to catch up with everyone else later too...waves to everyone, stay cool, stay fierce, stay sane!!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-20, 07:34 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi Fierce Watulans!

Today I did Butts and Guts. I also didn't remember this one. I am sure that my butt will be remembering it a day or so from now. It was a toughie! I skipped the bonus stability abs, as I had enough. It clocked in at about 75 minutes including warm up and stretch. I do like the stability ball abs from Pyramid Upper Body so I may do it as an add on at some point. I didn't use ankle weights for the floor work. I don't think I would have survived it if I had!!

horusosiris, I caved and ordered the Sleek workouts at Mary's sale (along with a couple of other DVDs, not that I needed them ). I think they will fit in nicely over the next several weeks.

Kate, I had a Jew's Harp as a kid, a green one. I had forgotten that until you mentioned it in your post. I think I would still be able to play it.

ChelePA, I had forgotten what CCC was like, so I was unprepared for how hard it is! I'm enjoying doing some of these old Cathes that I haven't done in ages as they seem new to me!

bee, it's been awhile since I've taken a nap. I really felt like one today, but got busy and then it got too late.

kittybug, you really are making me anxious to get to RWH. Several months ago I was semi obsessed with doing the Upper and Lower Body Circuit workouts---I did them back to back several times. Tough stuff! Breathless While Heaving LOL or maybe Retching While Heaving!!

manleym, I also wish there was a RWH premix alternating both the low impact workouts.

Kate and kittybug, I expect I'll be joining the Sore Max club tomorrow. My glutes are already starting to feel it a bit.

Waving to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-20, 07:37 PM  
Mickey12

Kittybug that Travis practice on Youtube sounds great. I think I'll check it out.

Tonight I did something different. A co-worker recently became a Beachbody coach and she shared a free sample workout of a new program called MBF (Muscle Burns Fat). The trainer is Megan Davies. The program is 3 weeks long, 7 days a week, and a combination of weight work, cardio, core, and one day of stretch. Each workout is around 30 minutes. I found the sample workout plenty challenging but you fierce Watulans might think it's too short (which it is). The music is pretty good (although I know that's really subjective) and I like Megan as a trainer. I'm not interested in getting Beachbody on Demand but I was glad I got to try the program.

Go Watulans!

Kim

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in