Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-09-19, 09:26 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning I did a mix of workouts from The Blessful Body site, I like the workouts and I like Ky, but I'm not quite sure how much use I will get out of the site - so I will probably cancel soon. Anyway today I did:

Beginning HIIPY - this is Ky's take on HIIT - some cardio, some strength and some Pilates moves. 15-20 min

Core Blast workout - 10 min of ab focused Pilates

Mindful Awareness 15-20 min of gentle movement

I did enjoy all of these, just not sure how it would fit into my workout life right now.

Carol - i have done bits and pieces of the CocoLime programs (the PDF programs) but never completed all the way through. I keep thinking about it though - although I think I would tire of her cardio - so I would probably sub something else. Thanks for the Yoopod recommendation!

Hope everyone has a good day -

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-19, 12:02 PM  
furmomof6

Shaped by Faith: Morning Pilates Stretch

I hope to walk later too after it warms up a bit!

Brenda, yes, I get mixed up with all the "C's" too!

Donna, at least you're getting a feel for some of the workouts to see if it's worth keeping for you. Good mix today!

Carol, I did see Lisa's announcement! I'm happy for her! That was a cute picture she posted.

Cheri, I hope you enjoyed your day off!

Waves to all!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-19, 09:01 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Saturday's workout was

Bar Method-Sculpt & Elongate- 56 minutes
This was a lovely combination of 30 minutes of Bar Method exercises, followed by 25 minutes of stretching. This is what the studios call a Bar Restore class. The sculpting session was fast-paced, while the stretch portion was not. Stretches were held for a fairly long period of time. Very relaxing.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-19, 09:03 AM  
donnamp

Hi,

This morning was:

Leslie - Burn 30 (30 Min "walk")
CS 1102 - Posture

Carol - that Bar Method class sounds wonderful!

Waves, everyone -

Donna
Old 11-10-19, 05:50 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Sunday's workout was

Bar Method - Best Foot Forward - 45 minutes

Another newer beginner level class, with some new to me moves. Amazing what a sweat I can work up doing these classes.

Donna - good job! I like that Leslie walk.

Waves ~~

Carol
Old 11-11-19, 10:13 AM  
cherimac

Quick post, as I am on my iPad.

PN Joint Gentle Classical Pilates .

Have a good day.
Old 11-11-19, 12:07 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
oooooohhhhh. and then.... there is Linda
There's always one oddball in the bunch

Been traveling and no formal workouts on some days.
Last ones done were Cardio Pilates, and Firm Core Solutions.

Will tackle my Secret Santa gift today though

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-19, 02:25 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today's workouts were:

Leslie - Blue Mile (from the color coded mile DVD, I can't even begin to remember the name)

Blessful Body - Zesty Flow (20 min)

I decided to give Blessful Body a go this week, just to see what I think. The formula of a Leslie mile followed by a Pilates session worked last week, I hope it works this week!

I have the day off today but I'm sitting in my mom's condo while her floors are being re-done. I had to get them done in order to put the place up for sale.

I hope the job goes quickly. Fortunately there is still a couch here for me to sit on!

Waves

Donna
Old 11-11-19, 02:35 PM  
furmomof6

Hello,

Walk
Shaped by Faith: Episode 1, Pilates Mat

I started coming down with something over the weekend, and have been running a low temperature. I forced myself to workout and oddly feel better now that I did! It doesn't feel like the flu, so hopefully it's just a small bug that will pass quickly.

Donna, good luck with the flooring! Your workout combo sounds nice and restorative.

Linda, have fun with your secret Santa!

Carol, I looove stretching! I hold positions much longer than instructors usually do since it feels so good.

Hi, Cheri!

Waves to all!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-19, 07:19 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Monday's workout was

Bar Method - Think Big, Be Bold - 50 minutes

This might be called an advanced beginner level - there was an extra set of 20 pushups and an extra set of thigh thrown in right before the ab work. Still plenty of lovely stretching. I don't think I had ever done this workout before. Thankfully Bar Method has been adding to their streaming content - it seemed like for a while that they didn't add much, but there are lots of new classes now.

And unlike Barre3, they haven't been taking down most of their older streaming content. Interestingly though, they did take down an older class led by one of the Jenn's (many Bar Method instructors seem to be named Jenn or Jen). I remember the class from several years ago - the instructor spent the time making a lot of off-color jokes and it made me really uncomfortable. Well, that class is gone now. Someone complained on their Facebook streaming community page about it, and they posted that they had reviewed it and decided to take it down. Amen! If my son had heard some of the stuff that gal said, I would have been mortified.

Christine - hope you are better! We have lots of kids at school that are already sick and it isn't even Thanksgiving yet. I do love Bar Method's stretching.

Donna - hope you got to do at least something fun for yourself on your day off!

Cheri - that's one of my favorite Pilates Nest workouts! I may do it tonight, even with my bum neck.

Linda - hope you enjoy your Secret Santa gift!

Waves to everyone ~~

Carol