Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-23-19, 09:29 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Friday's workouts were both YouTube offerings from Jessica Smith - and both are fairly new ones I think -

Jessica Smith - 30 Minute Fusion Sculpt & 18 Minute Dynamic Total Body Stress Relieving Dynamic Stretch - 50 minutes total

I really liked Jessica's Fusion Sculpt routine - there weren't a whole lot of repeats in it. I used 2 lb weights, which were a little light. Maybe 2.5 lb weights would have been better, but I'm not sure those are right now. The stretch was fairly nice as well, although she has others that I think I like better. A less "dynamic" stretch was probably what I really wanted.

Linda - That Firm workout (Supercharged Sculpting) is probably my favorite of the bunch. I remember loving it when it came out.

Christine & Donna - another calendar lover here. There are simply too many choices these days. Having it laid out for me is so helpful!

Brenda - Good job! I can't remember the last time I finished an entire 4 mile walk video. I do like the scenery in that one.

Dana - Yes, the Curves pricing is ridiculous. They make you purchase their band the first month. I would not recommend it. The workouts are just separately filmed segments patched together and the canned narrator talks the entire time, so you end up hearing the same description every time you do the move.

Waves to everyone - the dog is getting restless...

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-19, 11:37 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Awesome day on reformer. Found out how much you use your quads in rebounding. Did 5 and JG Pilates with straps for legs. It’s short but it targets and you don’t have be down there for ½ hour.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-19, 03:00 PM  
furmomof6

Hello,

TBL: Pilates for when you don't feel well

Yes, that was name of it! This one is one Youtube, and it was perfect for today.

Cheryl, my reformer came with a tall box, but I only used it once. I found that most videos don't use it.

Linda, it was a nice mix of work and stretching! I might not have named it "renew" though.

Waves to all!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-19, 03:03 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by furmomof6 View Post
Hello,

Cheryl, my reformer came with a tall box, but I only used it once. I found that most videos don't use it.

Waves to all!
wow, you must have the big guns. i did see a few with JG on you tube to see if it would be something I would use. but to me, there is a lot without even the pull up bar, of which I also want

I can see doing this in my 70's very much.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-19, 11:35 PM  
fanofladyvols

Great workouts everyone!

Today was Quick start pilates with Ana Caban. Good total body 30 min practice in outdoor beachy setting. Love that.

Hope you all enjoy your Sunday!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-19, 09:00 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

A quick fly by this morning ~ Saturday's workout was

Bar Method - Focus on Breath - 42 minutes

I enjoyed this stretchy beginner level class. I'm sore today (in a good way) and I'm not sure if it's from Jessica's fusion method, which I did on Friday, or yesterday's Bar Method workout. I'm guessing the fusion workout.

Today will be back to Jessica, with a little Pilates Nest added on, if all goes well.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-19, 11:17 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Checking in with:

Leslie Miracle Mile 4 Miles - 45m. I enjoyed it. For once Leslie made a good use of the bands. Good workout, but as usual, the stretch was lacking. So I followed up with ePilates Day 7 - Stretch & Relax - 17minutes.

In today's email, Emma announced that starting Tuesday, she'll have Black Friday special with the best membership prices ever. I will almost certainly sign up for membership because I like her style, instructions and her low key approach.

Here is what she says: In fact you're really lucky, as starting Tuesday, I'll be having the biggest sale ever, for Black Friday. I'll be offering 40 % off the Core Fit Club for the first time ever!

She's in Malaysia so the sale will probably start tomorrow. https://epilatesonline.com
Old 11-24-19, 06:48 PM  
donnamp

Busy weekend - but I did:

Saturday:

Jenny Ford - Beginner Step Aerobics Fitness Cardio (You tube)
Pilates Nest - Rise & Shine Challenge Day # 4

Sunday:

Ellen - Prayer Flow - a very nice one from Ellen!!!

Dana - thanks for the heads up - I have only done one of her workouts so far...I kept getting sidetracked......

Waves, everyone -

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-19, 08:51 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

Saturday: 50 min. walk/read

Carol, I've decided Jessica is often the right answer.

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-19, 06:43 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was Jenny Ford - Marching with Moves. I think it is supposed to be nice today so I will hopefully have time for an outdoor walk, too.

I'm sort of toying with following a Jenny Ford rotation, but not sure....

Here is a link to it - it seems pretty straightforward and I can add on Pilates a few nights a week and on the weekends:

https://freedom.fit/collections/step...eckout-workout

And, there are so many sales on streaming going on right now. Faithful Workouts is half price - so $35 for the year..

Waves, everyone -

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote