Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-29-17, 10:46 PM  
lithium

I only post when I have anything to contribute but I read here everyday. I'm grateful for this lovely online community and other video sharing sites I've known through here.
lithium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-17, 05:59 PM  
DCW

I am glad that I found people who like to exercise.

All of you encourage me to keep going. Exercising is fun, enjoyable and a true stress buster.

My coworker and I, depending on the stress of the day determines what time we walk for lunch. Noon bad day. 12:30 we could hold out a little longer. 1:00-We are having a good day. 1:30 pm lunch walk, no problems, no crazy incidents. The more stress the faster we walk.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-17, 08:37 PM  
Sharaz

I was not hiding. I was lost LOL I'm glad to come and "see" many familiar faces. You all VFers had feed me with some much information about workouts DVDs. Definitely noticed less activity around here.

I adapted and feel comfortable in my new place and maybe posting now and then.

Waves to all!!!
Old 08-31-17, 08:02 AM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsemom2 View Post
Sometimes 2 people can be posting at the same time and miss each others posts unless they scroll up.

If people are looking for negativity or drama, they will find it or create it.
It says much more about their personal emotional state than anything else.
I try to treat others as I would like to be treated but the anonymity of the internet enables road rage.

Barb S
Ugh! This is SO TRUE!! Why do some people think that hiding behind a keyboard allows them to be a jerk? I haven't experienced much drama here on VF. I ignore the posts that are trying to incite a negative response.
Old 08-31-17, 08:08 AM  
rvagal

I'm not a long time poster so I'm not an expert on this place, but I think in general people have shifted to FB groups versus forums. I "met" a bunch of women on a forum 15 years ago, and when we all had kids we found each other on FB. Now none of us visits the original forum where we all met and it's much slower.

As for VF, I was plodding along happily doing my pink Firms for years until I had a body composition analysis done and discovered that despite regular exercise and a normal BMI, I was low on muscle and high on fat. So that inspired me to dust off my Fanny Lifter and my old Body Sculpting System workouts, which led me to discover FitPrime/KickButt, classic Firms, KCM, Cathe, and Tracey Long.

Now I have reached maximum capacity on workouts so all I need is the time to do them, sigh. I'm sure if this had been 15 years ago and this was the only place to get workout inspiration, I'd have been sucked right in too. Plus back then there wasn't streaming so the options were different.

I also had an issue trying to join. IIRC it took about six months to get approved. So new blood might be forgetting about VF before they get the chance to post. I was really anxious to learn what else might be out there for me so I kept checking back.

But I've been a solitary exerciser for years and I know I have the ability to keep plodding along (I have to exercise regularly or my fatigue is worse). And really, I've amassed quite an embarrassing lode in the last year + so any enabling of that is probably to be avoided. But I've gained a lot of muscle too!
Old 08-31-17, 10:27 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharaz View Post
I was not hiding. I was lost LOL I'm glad to come and "see" many familiar faces. You all VFers had feed me with some much information about workouts DVDs. Definitely noticed less activity around here.
I adapted and feel comfortable in my new place and maybe posting now and then.
Waves to all!!!
You were lost, but now you're found.

Waves to you and to all who don't want VF to fade away!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-17, 08:29 PM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
You were lost, but now you're found.

Waves to you and to all who don't want VF to fade away!
Hi Alta! So quiet around here I know there are not many DVDs on the marked, but there are other workouts to talk about; app, paper programs, live classes, streaming and many more.
Old 09-02-17, 07:36 AM  
AZY
VF Supporter

I don't come to VF so much as I used to as I feel, like some others have posted, to be a thread killer. Not to say that I don't have anything but fond feelings for VF - still learn a lot from knowledgeable posters.....I just wish I had more to contribute!

My last year has been spent doing long distance commuting for work, so have focused on streaming workouts (PBL) and it is nice to partipate in a forum where your comments are acknowledged and appreciated....maybe that's why the checkins here are popular? Again, not dissing VF, just an observation from experience.....I've often thought that, like f2f relationships there are online personalities that are naturally more charismatic than others....and Alta, you are at the top for charisma! Thanks for starting this interesting thread!

Happy Labor Day to US VFers!
Anne Y
AZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-17, 10:31 AM  
woodie

hi! Interesting- I thought the same thing. I stopped coming to VF in general because I stopped working out - for no reason other than being busy and getting into bad habits. I pop in every now and then and have noticed that people are quieter. I wondered if it had anything to do with streaming becoming more popular than DVDs now. I miss the good old days when VF was popping all the time!

New Butisattva

woodie
woodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-17, 10:35 AM  
woodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Which is a shame! It's my favorite form of cardio, next to running, which I can no longer do.
YES! What happened to step???? Things changing, kids getting older, etc. has changed the way I interact on VF. I've been here since before having kids nad now my oldest is 10! Glad to see so many names I have interacted with over the years weighing in here.

woodie

New Butisattva

woodie
woodie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
check-ins, fun sucking shrew, lurkers, new vfers, old school vfers, vf activity, vintage vfers