Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-17, 08:27 PM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Location: My body is in Louisville but my heart is in Atlanta
Millionaire Hoy may need to leave Youtube

Millionaire Hoy has recently posted that he is unable to support his family and continue providing free workouts on Youtube. He said he has an offer for another way to provide his workouts but it won't be free and as part of the deal he will need to take down his Youtube channel. He is asking for donations on Patreon so that he can continue with the free workouts (which is what he seems to prefer).

I thought I would post this for people who may like him but have not been to has channel in awhile.
Sancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-17, 09:56 PM  
Butter

His channel is fantastic! I hope it works out for him
Butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-17, 04:44 AM  
Elsie

OMG, Thanks a lot for posting. I am a big fan of his & myself & DH do his workouts on the regular. (Love love his story! He's a contagiously beautiful spirit). His quiet/low impact routines rival the best dvd programs IMHO.
Of all the fitness folks on youtube, I truly thought he would be making some money from it. This confuses me a little.
Elsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-17, 05:30 AM  
pcdoctor01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsie View Post
Of all the fitness folks on youtube, I truly thought he would be making some money from it. This confuses me a little.
What's confusing to me is that he says he has a non-disclosure from Patreon. I wonder how Coach Kozak AKA Hasfit, is able to keep his YouTube channel up and still have a Patreon channel? I hope fitness folks dont start jumping ship from YouTube and going exclusive to Patreon. The thing I hate abou streaming besides some having proprietary downloads or no downloads at all is having to pay continually. With DVDs I pay once and that's it.
pcdoctor01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-17, 06:32 AM  
bubbles76

He doesn't have music on his channel, so I never followed him, but I have seen a few of his workouts. He does seem very nice. I also love the HASFit couple. I wouldn't mind donating, but don't think I'd be a regular monthly subscriber. I don't do online workouts enough, although I have been dipping my toe into online fitness lately. Just wouldn't be cost effective for me, since I own so many workout dvds.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-17, 08:57 AM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcdoctor01 View Post
What's confusing to me is that he says he has a non-disclosure from Patreon. I wonder how Coach Kozak AKA Hasfit, is able to keep his YouTube channel up and still have a Patreon channel? I hope fitness folks dont start jumping ship from YouTube and going exclusive to Patreon. The thing I hate abou streaming besides some having proprietary downloads or no downloads at all is having to pay continually. With DVDs I pay once and that's it.
I did not read it that he has a non-disclosure from Patreon, I read it that he has an offer from someone else (maybe that is going to put his workouts on their streaming website (like a Dailyburn )).
Old 03-21-17, 09:09 AM  
pcdoctor01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancho View Post
I did not read it that he has a non-disclosure from Patreon, I read it that he has an offer from someone else (maybe that is going to put his workouts on their streaming website (like a Dailyburn )).
Hee hee. I was quoting Mill Hoy from his Patreon webpage.
Here is that info.

https://www.patreon.com/MillionaireHoy

Millionaire Hoy
Mar 20 at 8:00pm
Why We Need Your Support

Over the past nearly 4 years, we've managed to create lots of content while rarely asking our audience for direct financial support - and with our current goal of bringing in 1550 total Patrons by April 30th seeming to appear very sudden and out of nowhere, I am sure that many of you are left with lots questions -- Why 1550 Patrons? Why the deadline of April 30th? Why is the channel facing cancellation? [And for some] Why should I even care?
Before answering these questions, I want to first thank those of you who are lending your support during this time. Admittedly, the circumstances that brought about these events are very personal and embarrassing [even too embarrassing to address directly on camera], and having your support over the past week has been invaluable to me and my family. I will try my best to answer these questions -- however, due to a non-disclosure agreement, there are some things that I'm unable to divulge at this time, but I will try to fill in as many blanks as possible.
Old 03-21-17, 09:21 AM  
pcdoctor01

I guess I'm a one time type donation person. When Microsoft said folks were going to have to pay a monthly subscription for MS Office, I was like, what? I'd rather pay for office once instead of a monthly fee forever. To the fitness folks I donate once not monthly. I hope the fitness YouTubers moving to Patreon doesn't start becoming a trend.
Old 03-21-17, 09:30 AM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcdoctor01 View Post
Hee hee. I was quoting Mill Hoy from his Patreon webpage.
Here is that info.

https://www.patreon.com/MillionaireHoy

M -- however, due to a non-disclosure agreement, there are some things that I'm unable to divulge at this time, but I will try to fill in as many blanks as possible.
I read that as he has a non disclosure with someone else (like Dailyburn) that he can't divulge. Like you said, it doesn't make sense if it's Patron because that doesn't seem to support their mission and there are other youtubers that are able to keep their channels.

I agree with everyone that I prefer to make a one time donation but I really like his workouts, so I decided to pledge a donation each month and will stop it if I stop using his workouts.

I hope he stays on Youtube because I like what he does and don't want anyone else changing his product to fit their preferences.
Old 03-21-17, 12:04 PM  
jusca

Oh, man what a sticky situation. I hope he can make the best of it by April. Is he not monetizing his videos? There's no music so I don't see any hiccups with copyright issues and monetization. Once something's freely given for so long, it's difficult to get a bunch of people to start paying for it, even if a small amount.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote