Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-27-15, 08:12 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

OMG! It is a couple of decades, isn't it?
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-15, 10:37 AM  
SharonNYC
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZY View Post
I found this in the 90's as well, although always more a lurker than poster, but have grown 'cyber-fond' so many wonderful people. I will never ever forget the 'cyber-shower' I was thrown by many wonderful VF'ers when I adopted my two kids from Russia back in 2003..I get teary just thinking about it...

Anyway, other long timers that come to mind: Lydia, SharonNYC, Sophie, Loretta, Kimberly33, Aline, AnneV, and Francesca (from Malta) some of which still post and others, can't recall in a long time.

Great thread! Anne Y
I don't come by here very often -- my husband and I spend about half the year traveling and the Internet varies from place to place. I found VF in 1996, when I was 51. I am, er, older now. I still run into Sophie, Kimberly, and others elsewhere on the Internet.

Hard to believe it's been so long. (I still have the exercise habit.)
I'm what I am, and what I am,
Is back on Boogie Street.

Leonard Cohen/Sharon Robinson "Boogie Street" 10 New Songs.

(I have a professional/personal relationship with an instructor who produces video and book material relevant to this site.)
SharonNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-15, 10:41 AM  
SharonNYC
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWendy View Post
Aww, thanks Paula! The thing is, I've gotten rather boring in my "old age." I am not really buying new workouts and I am mostly just sticking with what works for me, and running/walking is my main cardio and I have more than enough strength workouts and sometimes I just lift weights on my own with music. I don't know why at some point I stopped craving variety, but I did. Simpler works better for me at this stage. It's perhaps Vidiot sacrilege to say it, but it's the truth.
Wendy, I've turned away from variety too. I do my own thing and try to make it to yoga class when I can. I guess after a while, many of us figure out what works and stick with it. (Of course, for some of us, what works is variety -- just not me.)
I'm what I am, and what I am,
Is back on Boogie Street.

Leonard Cohen/Sharon Robinson "Boogie Street" 10 New Songs.

(I have a professional/personal relationship with an instructor who produces video and book material relevant to this site.)
SharonNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-15, 07:45 PM  
AlisonH
VF Supporter

I started in the 90s too, pre-kids. I didn't rejoin right away, but I still followed. I met a bunch of VFers in Philly at the CIA College of Aerobic Knowledge in 2003, including 2 who lived really nearby and we had viewing parties all the time for a while after. One was Jackie and I think the other was Lynne. I lost touch with them over the years. I VF!
AlisonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-15, 09:07 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleda View Post
although, I have to admit, I don't FEEL like a veteran. Until everyone starts talking about Friday Night Chats
I remember the Friday Night Chats...does that make me a Veteran?

I definitely haven't been around as long as some of the OLD old-timers, but my "join date" is also skewed by the software update. I think I have been on VF since around 1998 or so.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-15, 11:25 AM  
gypsygirl64

It is nice to see so many familiar names and pics! I have always been a big lurker, can't remember the last time I posted. Trying to get back into the shape I was when I started here in 2004; coming back to this forum is really motivating!

Laura
gypsygirl64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-15, 01:21 PM  
Lori_Michigan

I'm also one whose join date isn't as accurate as it should be, but I originally joined somewhere near 1996, when I first had "Internet" and would only check on my lunch hour at work. I still have some of my original VHS trades from back in the day! I used to scour the Collage catalog and highlight what I'd buy next, which was pretty much just step back then.

It's odd to think of all the life changes that's happened since then, and how different my life is now. I'm glad that I still exercise when I can, through all of life's ebbs and flows.
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-15, 01:51 PM  
Sandrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
I'm also one whose join date isn't as accurate as it should be, but I originally joined somewhere near 1996, when I first had "Internet" and would only check on my lunch hour at work. I still have some of my original VHS trades from back in the day! I used to scour the Collage catalog and highlight what I'd buy next, which was pretty much just step back then.

It's odd to think of all the life changes that's happened since then, and how different my life is now. I'm glad that I still exercise when I can, through all of life's ebbs and flows.
+1 on this! I think my original join date was 1998. Before that, all I had to support my "habit" was Collage catalog, which I must have requested through Shape magazine (otherwise no idea how they found me!) and the little section of exercise vids that most video stores carried back then. Usually retail consisted of Jane Fonda, Jazzercise and maybe Buns of Steel. I can still remember reading and re-reading those Collage catalogs--everything in them looked so promising.

Fast-forward to now: I still can't believe how much content is available, for free on the internet and for cheap at thrift stores. I still remember the ad for the Firm w/o for $50!

Although I've come and gone from vf several times over the years when life got in the way, the exercise habit it supports has stayed pretty constant. I'll always be grateful for that.
Sandrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-15, 03:42 PM  
JENILU

Has Lydia (lfcjasp ) been mentioned? Whatever happened to her? i miss her posts so much. I hope and pray she is ok.

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-15, 04:27 PM  
lesia

Hello! I joined around 1996. I went on one of the first VF Firm Trips.
Still working out after nearly 20 years here with Cathe! I can't believe that it's been that long. Boy do the years fly by.
I ventured into other workouts, but always seem to come back to Cathe!. Excited about her ICE Series. Remember when she first introduced IMAX and Pure Strength (and the mini-topper that was stapled together?) I actually had my carpenter dh make me one and it's still being used today!

Lesia
lesia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
veteran vfers, vintage vfers