Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-03-14, 03:42 PM  
Maryan, Paris
VF Supporter

Old timer VFer from France wants to get fit again with you all :)

I am back on VF after many years of absence.

If I remember right, I first registered in 1998 or 1999, and I spent great years on Video Fitness, busting my budget on videos, of course, but most of all getting fit, discovering fantastic workouts & instructors, and making friends with VFers (even meeting some though I live in France!).

I am now delighted to be back here. I still live in Paris, but am now divorced and sharing my place with two lovely cats. I have left my previous job (I had been working there since 1998) and am planning to return to being a psychologist (I am a licenced clinical psychologist, now training in hypnotherapy). So many things have changed!

I have fallen off the fitness wagon, but I now want to live more healthily.
My VCR is broken, so I have repurchased or converted some of my favorite workouts on DVD (Cory's GHAS, David Dorian Ross AM Chi, Callanetics, Ali McGraw Yoga, Yoga Zone Conditioning and Stress Relief, Lotte Berk Method, ...).

I have purchased some new workouts (mainly ballet barre). I never did any high impact and am not planning to do any now, but I am looking forward to incorporating weight training and kickboxing in my routine soon.

I have always disliked complex choreography (though I am a bellydancer) but there's one (uncomplex) video I have repurchased on DVD for pure fun : Kathy Smith's Latin workout.

Not planning on buying too much : I am a student again, living on a student budget (simple living is where it's at + have to be careful with clutter, my living space is very small.

Looking forward to reconnecting with other old-timers and also meeting the newer VFers !
Maryan, Paris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-14, 03:55 PM  
sunday

Welcome back!!

Lovely to have you rejoin us all again! I'm sure you'll find lots of inspiration here!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-14, 04:01 PM  
Maryan, Paris
VF Supporter

Thanks for the welcome Deana, and congratulations on your awesome sucess (re maintaining weight loss)
Old 08-03-14, 04:05 PM  
laurajhawk

Welcome back, Maryan!

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-14, 04:12 PM  
Maryan, Paris
VF Supporter

Thanks Laura ! I can see from your pic that you also have a cat who likes to exercise with you ... Mine just love yoga but they get scared when they see me dancing
Old 08-03-14, 04:22 PM  
sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryan, Paris View Post
Thanks for the welcome Deana, and congratulations on your awesome sucess (re maintaining weight loss)
Thank you Maryan! I also have two kitties, both of whom love to help with working out, lol! There are some pictures of them in my album under my profile. One makes he hold and bounce him while I'm supposed to be meditating, and the other always joins me on her back in Savasana.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-14, 05:33 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

Bonjour Maryan!! I remember you, so glad to have you back!

Life changes can really knock you for a loop but in true vidiot style you are ready to get back on the wagon! Good for you. You will not be sorry.
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-14, 05:38 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Welcome back!
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-14, 06:04 PM  
Jennifer R
VF Supporter

Welcome back, Maryan! Lots has changed in the fitness world but some things are still the same. If you find a working VCR, I have lots of old favorites on VHS that I don't use any more I'd be happy to share with you.

"I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused"--Elvis Costello
Jennifer R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-14, 06:21 PM  
daisyduke

Welcome!! When I lived in london I had the pleasure of visiting paris. What a beautiful city. Have you always lived there?
daisyduke is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vintage vfers