Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-14, 03:02 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I've made couple of trades, where people didn't bother letting me know they received the trade. Since I always send my DVDs with tracking number, maybe they figured I can track it myself and see that the trade was delivered.

Tracking may show package as delivered, but it may have been delivered to the wrong address. I've had this happen in other instances. But, since I've never heard back from either one of the people I traded with, I assumed that the trade must have been received by them. Still, it would have been nice to know.
Old 06-05-14, 03:15 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alta-tude View Post
I rarely trade anymore for the above reasons and more. (Although, my last few trades have gone very well.)

Things ain't what they used to be. On VF and in society in general. (Ha, I sound like the old person that I am. Err, I mean "vintage.")
Don't you mean curmudgeon?

Pam

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-14, 03:17 PM  
shoegoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam61 View Post
don't you mean curmudgeon?
pam

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-14, 03:20 PM  
suzannaerin

Quote:
I rarely trade anymore for the above reasons and more. (Although, my last few trades have gone very well.)

Things ain't what they used to be. On VF and in society in general. (Ha, I sound like the old person that I am. Err, I mean "vintage.")
I propose a Geezer Trade Exchange, only for those over the age of 50.

I have to admit that I forgot to send a thank you to someone who sent me a Ballet Body DVD---I accidentally deleted their pm to me and have felt awful about it since.

Must admit that I lucked out on my first trades. While one or two folks might have waited until they received my DVDs, I received everything and all of them were in excellent condition.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-14, 03:56 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
Personally, I pay no attention to tracking issues, so I wouldn't know personally.
I check the tracking because that is often the only way I'll ever know if it got there or not. Or as someone said, got somewhere. I would still like to hear that it was received.

Afirmrose, if someone doesn't respond to my offer, I let it go. I'm sure there are occasions when something happens or they forget but it seems to happen so often that I don't think that's always the case. But as you said, I don't know for sure why they don't respond so I just forget about it and move on.

As for the scratched dvds, many of the dvds I have purchased come that way, whether the disc is loose or not. I don't always think to check a disc before listing it since it never gave me any trouble. People have "disclosed" to me that a disc they were sending had some scratches but played fine but I honestly didn't think they looked that bad when I got them so I worry about posting any dvds these days. I'm afraid they won't be pristine enough, even though I take very good care of my discs.
Old 06-05-14, 05:04 PM  
pgun3

I always respond to every offer or pm when they are to sent me.

I don't always put the condition of dvd's I am trading on my trade list but I always look at it to make sure it is in good condition when someone offers to make a trade with me or vice versa, my dvds are in excellent condition but the ones I have received in trade may not be as good, so I check. I like to get dvd's in good condition, for some reason that matters to me and it doesn't to others. I also ask about the condition of the dvds I am offering for or getting in a trade. I received a trade where the dvd was playable but very scratched up, that bothered me and that is why I started asking, I never complained to the trader because I never asked about the condition.

I don't understand why someone would wait to send out there trade until they get the dvd they traded for?? Really?? I send mine out as soon as I can, usually the next day. If I cannot get it out for a couple of days or if it is large enough and I need to take it to the PO I make sure I let the trader or the person I am SASEing to.

I always let the person know when I receive the dvd and like the same in return.

I have only had one bad trade experience and the person is no longer on the forum. Thank You Wendy!

I would like to thank all those that I have traded with and who I have received SASE's for. I really appreciate the opportunity to get dvds that I would rather not buy LOL. (just in case I don't like them).
pgun3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-14, 05:14 PM  
punkrockmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
I have had a lot of trade where the recipient doesn't every tell me they got the DVD. I figure, well they haven't complained about not getting it so I guess they have received it.
This is the only problem I've had (besides one trade a long time ago I didn't receive that a mod helped resolve). Usually everything goes smoothly. But I don't trade often. My collection is still so small my trade list is always pretty small. I probably don't have what most people are looking for but sometimes I get a bite.
punkrockmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-14, 09:33 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
Don't you mean curmudgeon?
Pam
Yes, I am the Vintage VF Curmudgeon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzannaerin View Post
LOL!

Yes, old relics who remember when phones had dials and "thank you" notes came in the mail.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-14, 09:40 AM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Yes, old relics who remember when phones had dials and "thank you" notes came in the email.
They still have dials...they just look different now.

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-14, 09:50 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzannaerin View Post
It won't be long before the only people left with DVDs will be over 50

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trade courtesy, vf exchange, vintage vfers