Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-23-09, 04:59 PM  
fagiles

Question for those w/Rebounders

I never really had an interest in Rebounding but the Marina thread caught my interest. I purchased an UR today at Sports Authority only because it was $25 off. Figured I would try it and see how I like it.

My questions are

Most of the online photos show the rebounder with a blue skirt but I have seen a few with the black skirt. The one I purchased has a black skirt. Are they sold in both colors? Based on a box sticker, looks like it was shipped to Sports Authority May 2009.

I just don't want to keep an older model rebounder. Are both colors current models? I read somewhere that some of the older models made more noise when bouncing

Also, anyone have one who lives on the 2nd floor with neighbors underneath you? Just wondering how much noise and impact it could create.

thanks
felecia
fagiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-09, 05:09 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I don't have an UR so can't address your specific questions, but all rebounders with springs make some noise, which can be minimized by oiling the metal parts. (I use Vaseline sometimes as it stays on better.) I don't know that the spring cover color makes a difference - it may just be that certain colors were shipped to certain stores.

I use it with a 4'x4' puzzles mat laid over a thick area rug. My downstairs neighbors have assured me they've never heard it.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-09, 05:25 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I purchased my UR 2 years ago from Sports Authority and it has a blue band. I have never seen one with black band, so I'm assuming yours must be newer. UR does make some noise, but that's expected. Once you have a great music on, you don't even hear it. I love my UR, rebounding is an awesome exercise!
Usia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-09, 05:29 PM  
fagiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
I don't have an UR so can't address your specific questions, but all rebounders with springs make some noise, which can be minimized by oiling the metal parts. (I use Vaseline sometimes as it stays on better.) I don't know that the spring cover color makes a difference - it may just be that certain colors were shipped to certain stores.

I use it with a 4'x4' puzzles mat laid over a thick area rug. My downstairs neighbors have assured me they've never heard it.
Thanks Lucky Star, that sounds reassuring. I will try the Vaseline just in case. I already have puzzle mats. You are right, various regions do sometimes get things that may look slightly different. I didn't consider that. Thanks again

felecia
Old 05-23-09, 05:33 PM  
fagiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
I purchased my UR 2 years ago from Sports Authority and it has a blue band. I have never seen one with black band, so I'm assuming yours must be newer. UR does make some noise, but that's expected. Once you have a great music on, you don't even hear it. I love my UR, rebounding is an awesome exercise!
Sounds great, so I might try to tackle the assembly tonight. Do you recall how long it took you?
Old 05-23-09, 06:22 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

It think it was very easy and fast. I would definitely remember if it was cumbersome and I don't recall that. Enjoy!
Usia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-09, 08:22 PM  
new2me

I've had my UR for a few years now...my skirt is dark blue.

The sudden precious moments in life need to be recognized for the unique periods they are, not wasted by wishing for something else. Edith Schaeffer
new2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-09, 08:35 PM  
kgidcumb

I bought mine this week from Dick's Sporting Goods. It has a blue skirt. But they had two different boxes - one was blue/yellow (mine) and the other was red/black. If I had to guess, I'd guess the red/black was the newer one... I couldn't reach them and just took the box the guy gave me.
kgidcumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-09, 07:20 AM  
fagiles

Thanks for the responses. I assembled it last night and it was a breeze...way easier than I thought. I bounced for just a few minutes and I didn't hear much noise so hopefully there will be no problem with the downstairs neighbor. I will try it for a month and see how it goes. I think Sports Authority has a 60 day return policy

felecia
Old 05-24-09, 08:30 AM  
Sarah-lara
VF Supporter

I have to use mine in the garage. The vaseline did nothing for mine (which is okay because nobody cares too much out there!); hopefully that's because it's an old model. Sorry, but there's no way I could use this in my condo where I have downstairs neighbors. With our shoddy construction, that would probably sound like their place was exploding. I hear the guy upstairs just walking around.
Sarah-lara is offline   Reply With Quote