Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-20, 12:23 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I did Tony Horton's Power Half Hour: Arm Burner (2004). It was good!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-20, 08:40 AM  
Mickey12

Yesterday I did Charlene Prickett, Cruising Altitude from 2000. It’s completely low impact but packs a pretty good cardio punch thanks to tons of knee lifts, big arm movements and a lot of repetition. It’s not my favorite Charlene workout, but I was in the mood for something I haven’t done in a very long time. It’s fun to revisit those that are so old they feel new.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-20, 02:34 PM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

I did Jules Benson's Total Core Pilates yesterday -- what a great workout, not too hard but not sweaty killer so it's really zero dread. Jules is so sweet and gives good pointers and the music is mellow yet motivating. I don't usually have an hour to spend on core/postural work + lower body floorwork (would pack those in via shorter add-ons!) so it was luxurious and enjoyable. And with too much going on otherwise in life, it was just what I needed after doing Jessica Smith's Flow Cardio (on her Feel Good Fusion DVD). Ahhhhhh...
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-20, 11:50 AM  
fanofladyvols

Karen Voight's Yoga and sculpting DVD. Doing this DVD utilizing the chapters is so nice. The Yogaflow felt great after a cardio workout and I subbed the pilates and abs routines for the abs workouts in other strength videos. Felt GREAT!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-20, 01:45 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Karen Voight's Yoga and sculpting DVD. Doing this DVD utilizing the chapters is so nice. The Yogaflow felt great after a cardio workout and I subbed the pilates and abs routines for the abs workouts in other strength videos. Felt GREAT!
That's a dandy dvd!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-20, 01:01 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

The other day DH did Yogilates (2000). I don't like this one. I keep it for the DH.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-20, 01:03 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
I like the stretchy yoga in the yellow room. Is that the practice you used? I need to do that one again.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-20, 02:18 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I like the stretchy yoga in the yellow room. Is that the practice you used? I need to do that one again.
You are thinking of her Yoga Stretch/"Sunday" on her slim/sleek physique DVD. It is probably on another DVD but she's in the yellow room with another woman demonstrating modifications. That one is definitely relaxing!

Yogaflow is low key but perhaps a bit more energy involved, IMHO. Not nearly as relaxing as the Yoga Stretch one is. Yogaflow is Karen by herself on a platform in a white room that switches out and she's wearing an olive outfit. Both wonderful though.

Easy to confuse with Karen's titles!!

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 06-25-20, 03:52 PM  
Vantreesta

Karen's Yoga Flow is still one of my very favorite yoga practices. It was also my first one besides Lilias!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-20, 10:53 AM  
fanofladyvols

Vantreesta, me too! Yogaflow is a great practice indeed!

Dusted off 2001 Stott 22 Minute Matwork VHS. I can't ever have enough beginner pilates workouts and keep them all. This one has a bit of prep work before the routine starts and so the routine is probably actually closer to 15 minutes. This gentle routine is perfect before bedtime or maybe to use to wake up gently. Moira is very encouraging and full of pointers I need to remember. Almost chatty, lol. Her demeanor is different here than in her longer routines on VHS in this same series. I realize she's not everyone's cup of tea but I really enjoy Moira's VHS era.

Tags
dustbunny, oldies but goodies, vintage, vintage vfers, vintage workouts