Jennifer R
VF Supporter

Hi Barb L! Good to see you!

"I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused"--Elvis Costello
Jennifer R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-16, 08:54 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

A VF'er who's name escapes me - she was a wealth of knowledge on Pilates, all things Lotte Berk, barre and dance. She was married to a Sikh and also was knowledgeable about Kundalini yoga. Darn I can't remember her name but I miss her posts.

She used to build her own Pilates and barre equipment.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-16, 09:21 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
A VF'er who's name escapes me - she was a wealth of knowledge on Pilates, all things Lotte Berk, barre and dance. She was married to a Sikh and also was knowledgeable about Kundalini yoga. Darn I can't remember her name but I miss her posts.

She used to build her own Pilates and barre equipment.
I think I can picture her avatar (I think she had one.....) but not her name. I know who you mean, though....

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-16, 11:06 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I think I can picture her avatar (I think she had one.....) but not her name. I know who you mean, though....

Sherry
It was Cinza! I miss her posts.
Old 01-04-16, 11:33 AM  
sherry7899

Thanks, Pat! I remembered her lovely black and white avatar, but I could not remember her name.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-16, 02:17 PM  
eam531
VF Supporter

Cinza's a friend in real life.

She was never married to a Sikh and is not a Sikh herself but had been involved with the 3HO community where she lives.

She is back to dancing--Middle Eastern stuff.

She is a wealth of info for sure!

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-16, 02:33 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Thank you Betsy! I must have misunderstood that conversation from long ago, perhaps it was a friend who was into Kundalini that used to do the breathing exercises before the sun went up. Tell her she is missed!
Old 01-04-16, 03:29 PM  
Daphne M

Hi fellow old-timers, it's nice to see the old names all showing up in one place. My VF history dates back to 1997, which seems unbelievable. Time has flown!

VF is so big that we've developed lots of micro-communities through the various check-ins, but I still recognize many of the names here. Just looking on this page alone, there's Barb L! And Nora (yes you definitely qualify and Sherry who probably doesn't remember sending me a bunch of old Kathy Smith videos when my elementary-school aged daughter wanted to try some basic stepping. That kid is in college now. (And loves her zumba and strength training classes but has never clicked with any DVDs, sniff sniff.) And Jennifer R -- living the good life in Hawaii -- yep, good memories.
Breast Cancer Survivor
Sneaking up on the next event
Daphne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-16, 03:32 PM  
videofit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENILU View Post
Has Lydia (lfcjasp ) been mentioned? Whatever happened to her? i miss her posts so much. I hope and pray she is ok.
I was just thinking about her since she was a fellow Margaret Richard fan. What is her name on Facebook? PM me unless it's a fake name and okay to post here.
Old 01-04-16, 07:10 PM  
eam531
VF Supporter

It's great to see posts from so many people I remember on VF (diavolabella, SharonNYC, Maryan in Paris, Cleda, BarbL, etc. etc. etc.)

I've been on VF since 2001. While I don't use videos much these days for my workouts, I did buy a new video--Ashtanga 1:08, the new video from David Swenson. So I guess I can still say I am a VFer, right?

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
veteran vfers, vintage vfers