Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-10-13, 04:59 PM  
pumptmuscle

The Met-Rx 180 Program is now just $15.00 total with free shipping. Should I get it??

The Met-Rx 180 Program is now down to just $15 total including shipping. Here's the link below. Use code VEXTBDY and input your full info so the $1.95 shipping will come off.

http://www.vitaminworld.com/met-rx-1...X6Nuh0fcAjhe8g

Considering you get 12 Discs featuring 16 workouts, Resistance Band, Fitness Ball with Pump, Retractable Tape Measure, Skin Caliper Kit, Nutrition Guide and Fitness Guide and Workout Journal, it's such a ridiculously low price. Problem is, I'm a horrible workout virgin. I got Tapout almost a year ago and I've done one workout. I got RKS like 2 years ago and I've done 3 or 4 workouts like 1 time each. Hmm, the good news is that dvds never expire so there's always time in the future. haha

Should I get it? I've checked past threads and considering the price reduction, there's been very little info on them (although I do appreciate the time breakdowns). Any thoughts?

"We all have our own issues" - Lashaun Dale

"Hi, I'm Billy Blanks and welcome to Tae Bo" Billy Blanks - Tae Bo

** 50 time marathoner
** 15 time ultramarathoner (the longest was 40 miles)
** All time high scorer at Blast Billiards
pumptmuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-13, 05:24 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

It shows up as $25 for me. How did you see it as $15?

ETA - In answer to your question, I suppose if you like even a few of the workouts enough to use regularly it would be worthwhile.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-13, 05:30 PM  
pumptmuscle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
It shows up as $25 for me. How did you see it as $15?
Click Add to cart. They're having a sale so it automatically goes to $20. Click Checkout, then Checkout as Guest. Enter the code in the 'Coupon/Promotional Code?' area and it drops to $16.95. Enter all your info and when you put in your zip, it knocks off the $1.95 shipping to make it $15 total.

** 50 time marathoner
Old 10-10-13, 05:43 PM  
rad

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumptmuscle View Post
I'm a horrible workout virgin. I got Tapout almost a year ago and I've done one workout. I got RKS like 2 years ago and I've done 3 or 4 workouts like 1 time each.
There is zero dread, intentionally designed that way.

From pages 24-25 of the Fitness Guide:

"The exercises in the program are not difficult to perform. They are basic, fundamental exercises that have been done in gyms across the world for decades...This holds true for the advanced athlete who can't sustain an extreme workout for a long period of time and needs a solid exercise plan that will still supply gains, but not cause as much wear and tear on his or her body...What we're asking you to do is to master these easy-to-learn exercises in the first phase of the program, so that you can step up your game and progress to a more difficult level of resistance training."
rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-13, 06:22 PM  
Irisg1

It was already a bargain when I bought it. I am in week 2 and enjoying it a lot. I am adding in my own cardio, since I get bored easily. I can't do the same cardio workout more than once a week and even that will get old quick for me.

If in doubt, buy it. I think it is soo worth it
Old 10-10-13, 06:39 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumptmuscle View Post
Click Add to cart. They're having a sale so it automatically goes to $20. Click Checkout, then Checkout as Guest. Enter the code in the 'Coupon/Promotional Code?' area and it drops to $16.95. Enter all your info and when you put in your zip, it knocks off the $1.95 shipping to make it $15 total.
Oh okay, thanks. Great price!!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-13, 06:41 PM  
horsemom2

I think it was worth it for me for just the two Cardio Tactics 1 and 2 routines, ~30 minute each on one dvd. Each has its own warmup, two ~15 minute sets and cooldown. The cardio sets are similar but the second set has alittle tweaking. Both routines are nice athletic cardio with a do-able number of reps. The first routine doesn't have planks till the last two minutes of each of the two sets. the second routine sneaks planks in sooner but they last only a couple of minutes and the plank moves get interesting especially in the second 15 minute set
BUT
the stability ball is very small and the band has very light resistance.
The first 2 dvds are mostly about diet.

The weighted workouts are ok but repetitious and fairly routine IMHO.
Maybe they will become more interesting farther into the set but I doubt I will be revisiting the first 3 conditioning workouts I have already tried.

The dvds have a music only option which is nice since most of the moves are easy to follow.

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-13, 07:00 PM  
nevertoolate

My order is due to arrive tomorrow. I called customer service with a question (very nice service, BTW) and the rep said this is a discontinued product and when they're gone, they're gone. So if you want it, grab it! This sounds like a real steal.

Ann
nevertoolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-13, 07:40 PM  
pumptmuscle

Thanks everyone; I ordered. I appreciate the help. Geez, for $15 shipped, not sure why I even questioned it. The shipping alone is prob around $10 due to the weight.

Maybe this will be the first rotation I actually do! hehe

** 50 time marathoner
Old 10-10-13, 07:44 PM  
juliel
VF Supporter

Buy it!

"One cat just leads to another." - Ernest Hemingway
juliel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
met-rx, met-rx 180, vitamin world