Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion > Workout/Fitness FAQs
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-02, 07:40 PM  
Sunshine

Wink Well, thanks to this thread!!!

I bought Autonomy Stretch and Denise Austins stretch tapes... !!

thanks for your suggestions!

I intend to live forever - so far, so good.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-02, 08:51 PM  
Trish
VF Supporter

Thumbs up Hi Lucy! Stretching update

I just finished Denise's stretch exercise video too. And just like you'all said, her voice was pleasant & relaxed ( I was shocked) and her tempo very slow.

30 minutes of gentle to not-so-gentle stretching.
Obviously it was filmed a long while ago. But it was a good find.

Tamilee stretching tomorrow, and more on the way

I appreciate all of you very much,
Trish
Trish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-02, 07:28 AM  
Sophie H
VF Supporter

One more suggestion if you want it

One of my favorite stretches is the one tacked on the end of the Jane Fonda "Step and Stretch" tape. It is about 15 minutes long and, I think, a really thorough stretching routine. She holds the stretches longer than in many of my other tapes. I don't do the step part any more, but I keep the tape cued to the stretch portion.

Sophie

P.S. I also love the Tamilee Webb and Candice Copeland stretch tapes.
Sophie H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-02, 03:45 AM  
SydneyH

The cooldown in Denise Austinn's Ultimate Fat Burner video is really nice. It is a yoga-inspired stretching segment done over the step and really does the trick. I also like the yoga stretching in her Pilates Matwork video (2nd session).
SydneyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-02, 11:55 AM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

Just had to revive this thread to say...

Based on the above recommendations, I bought the DVD that has both Tamilee Webb's stretching routines on it (including the duck!). This could be the best fitness purchase I've ever made (and that's saying a lot). Now I'm a regular stretcher, which I never used to be (I skipped all the Firm stretching segments as totally inadequate, but then never actually did anything to replace them). Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
sheepla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-02, 02:00 PM  
Trish
VF Supporter

Sheepla,

Yes, I agree with you- - this was my first VF thread and I hit the jackpot w/ Tamilee, Automony Stretch and others recommended here.

Even better, I've made alot of like-minded vidiot friends since posting this, too.

Thank you VF'ers,
Trish
Trish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-02, 02:06 PM  
MsChana
VF Supporter

What's with the ducks?

Speaking of ducks, I just got a Yoga Zone set (dirt cheap and free shipping at deepdiscountdvd.com -- thanks to Pamela's tip!), and in one of the videos that I've previewed already, there are ducks in the screen! :-)

Does anyone know of any other videos that have animals in them?
Old 05-23-02, 02:53 PM  
ARTmethodfan
VF Supporter

Gilad's Getting Fit in Jerusalem has a camel. But it's supposed to be there - unlike Tamilee's duck.
ARTmethodfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-02, 11:43 PM  
Sunshine

Thumbs up After this thread I bought several suggestions here:

Dynamic Stretch turned out to be very very good! Interesting how they have someone other than the exercisers tell you softly about the moves... very nice! and well done!

Denise Austin's Stretch and Flex is very very very good!! I did it twice the first week I got it and I just love it!! Very Relaxing!!

Homestretch by Charlene Prickett is very good too! as Cleda says it looks dated but she holds each stretch for what seems long periods of time... a minute.. more? You are very well stretched out by the time you're done and she hits every muscle in the body. including her unique hand stretches...

I intend to live forever - so far, so good.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-02, 08:46 AM  
Angel S
VF Supporter

If you like Jennifer Kries

...her New Method series has glorious stretch sections (and, they're on DVD!) I especially love the one on Precision Pilates. Yesterday I did Perfect Mix, and I actually heard myself groaning out loud a few times during the stretch Glad I was home alone! Her stretches are great for the hamstrings especially, but also the upper back, where I hold all my tension. Ahhhhhhhh

And this is totally OT, but does Jennifer remind anyone else of Sarah Jessica Parker??
Angel S is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
faq, favorites, stretch