Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Clothing, Shoes, Equipment, Gear

Old 02-25-04, 07:42 AM  
Libby

Superfeet Inserts

Does anyone use Superfeet inserts? If so, which color is the best for aerobics and weightlifting? Would that be the cross-trainer insert? Are there any other inserts that compare to Superfeet? I know the kind that you buy at Wal-mart don't work well for me. I have heel spurs in both feet. But they are management with inserts and stretching.

Thanks!

Libby
Libby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-04, 09:24 AM  
KarenP
VF Supporter

Hi Libby,

I LOVE Superfeet inserts. I use green. I've tried other inserts like Spenco, but much prefer Superfeet.

Karen

QUIT SLOUCHING!!!
KarenP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-04, 11:17 AM  
Libby

Superfeet

Karen, do you buy your Superfeet inserts on-line or locally? Is the green color the one to get for weight lifting and aerobics? I guess that would be considered cross-training, right? I have heel spurs but they are much better after lots of stretching so I'm adding lots of cardio back into my workouts and my feet are doing well. I have an old pair of Superfeet but I know it's time to get new ones.

Thanks!

Libby
Libby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-04, 06:55 PM  
Softshoe
VF Supporter

Due to plantar fasciitis my doctor recommended Superfeet and I am glad she did. There are only two places in our town that sells them. They seem expensive to me, $30.95 a pair. Where I buy them, they give me a 10% discount because my doctor advised me to wear them. I wear the green. The little guide that came with my Superfeet says this about their different footbends:

Green: recommended for hiking boots, ski boots, work boots and running shoes.

Wintergreen: recommended for snowboard, ski and winter boots. Same support as Green, with OUTLAST technology for warmth and comfort.

Blue: recommended for casual shoes, mountain bike shoes, and soccer cleats. Great for flatter feet.

Grey: recommended for women's lower heels (up to 1"), cycling road shoes, and ice skates.

Black: recommended for men's dress shoes and golf shoes.

I would like to find a cheaper way to buy them, so if you figure it out, let me know.

Good luck, Marie Aline.
Softshoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-04, 06:22 PM  
Papio

I get pain in the middle of my feed when I do a lot of kickboxing, does anyone know if this would help?

Phear the Ninja Hamster Zena!
Papio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-04, 09:42 PM  
Loretta S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally posted by KarenP
Hi Libby,

I LOVE Superfeet inserts. I use green. I've tried other inserts like Spenco, but much prefer Superfeet.
I use the green ones in my workout shoes. I like them a lot, got them at our local REI.
Old 02-29-04, 05:32 PM  
Papio

Yes/No/Maybe ?

its gotten to the point where i'm warmed up but not sweating, not even slightly winded and my exercise comes to a crashing halt by the pain in the arch of my feet.

is this normal? do your feet get used to it? would these help or maybe something more like an ankle support kind of thing ?

Old 02-29-04, 07:33 PM  
rachelatkins

green Superfeet for trade?

I hope this isn't inappropriate, but I have a pair of green Superfeet inserts that I've had listed for trade, which I thought I should offer up to some people who seem like they might need them.

They're a size D, which fit a women's size 8-9--I trimmed them slightly to try them on, but haven't actually used them. If any of you are interested or want to know more, feel free to drop me a note!

Rachel
rachelatkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-04, 07:50 PM  
Loretta S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally posted by Papio
Yes/No/Maybe ?

its gotten to the point where i'm warmed up but not sweating, not even slightly winded and my exercise comes to a crashing halt by the pain in the arch of my feet.

is this normal? do your feet get used to it? would these help or maybe something more like an ankle support kind of thing ?
When I used to ski every day I'd get a similar effect, not really pain but cramping in the arches of my feet. It would always be after the first warm-up run of the day. My feet would cramp up and I would have to spend some time trying to stretch them out (without taking my boots off!) before getting back on the lift for the second run. It always went away after that, but it was weird.

Even though I use the superfeet in my workout shoes, I use prescription orthodics in my regular shoes. The regular orthodics don't feel right in my workout shoes. If you have any pain in your feet on a regular basis, I would highly recommend getting evaluated by a podiatrist. My husband tried the superfeet and they were terrible for him. The prescription orthodics were much better for him. So it's really a YMMV individual thing.
Old 03-01-04, 04:24 AM  
Papio

Talking

thanks Loretta S, i'll go make an appointment with a podiatrist as soon as I find one in my area

Tags
inserts, insoles, orthotics, superfeet