Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-20, 12:48 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Kim: I love PHA3! It's such a good challenge and love the HR increase! One of the better PHA's I think. Cathe is amazing that she can still put out so many good workouts! No wonder she breaths harder now!

ChelePA: I'm kind of going out of order too, but trying to keep up. So it doesn't really matter.

Bchgrl42: I used to have a subscription to both Cathe streaming but right now it is paused because I just have so many other workouts to do. But I'd love to pick up the Live subscription again some time. Cheap enough!

Manley: I am going to do the Gym Styles next week. It has been years since I've done them. Looking forward to heavy lifting.

Also curious to revisit the Shock Cardio workouts. To this day I have never even tried STS Step Moves or STS Athletic Step. I remember preordering because I loved STS strength SO MUCH but I was kind of disappointed with the Shock Cardio. Yup, time to revisit!

Today I went to a Power Music Group Rx workout called Axis. Total body with weights and bodyweight with a very strong core focus (your axis). They are 30 min so I put two together and I can totally feel my abs and back! LOVE these! Very challenging. 10 lb dumbells get heavy in these.
I wish I could enable but Power Music doesn't even sell these anymore. I bought mine on a closeout sale.

Have a marvelous weekend! Stay fierce, have fun!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-20, 05:11 PM  
Bchgrl42

This is probably lame but one reason I like the Lives are how real Cathe and the participants look. At age 50/51, I'm tired of always feeling less than beautiful because of carefully selected hair, makeup, clothes, and genes. Cathe even wears glasses!
Bchgrl42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-20, 06:38 PM  
fanofladyvols

Bchgrl42 that's not a lame reason at all. Super valid. I like seeing the people in my yoga videos lose balance and have sweat stains...seems more genuine. I'm glad that rotation helped you! Please post your thoughts on the lives you do!

Kim I noticed that she gets breathy in some of the Xtrains and it made me happy to see that because then I really did believe it wasn't all glossed up and produced out of the workout.

Today I did Drill Max Cardio blast premix. And she never misses a beat. Athletic drills.. fast feet ...and just as fresh faced as if it was the warmup and I'm a sweaty mess. Sheesh.
And who are the maniacs doing the ultra cardio blast premix?!? Anywho I enjoyed it immensely and will do that workout again.

ChelePA we are all over the place and it's fun as all get out. So post away no matter what!

Kate I can't wait to hear your thoughts on GS.

manley thanks for chiming in on the kickbox workouts. What's funny is I enjoyed the Kickmax premix I did. So I wonder if this means I will hate the others?? Haha. What do you plan to do next week?

kittybug I'm glad you're allowing yourself some recovery. And that my post was helpful in that regard. Someone who can do 72 pushups doesn't need to be scared of PS.

I am going to stick with PS for one more week and add the Xtrain challenges as my finishers instead of MIS.

Tomorrow i have more time so am thinking I will probably combine Bis and tris.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-20, 06:55 PM  
Mickey12

I was inspired by CheleP and did Double Wave Pyramid Hiit from Shock Cardio series tonight. I really like how quick and dirty the Hiit workouts are. Great, hard work in minimal amount of time.

I won't be posting for a week or so, going to Walt Disney World tomorrow. See you next week!!

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-20, 08:00 PM  
ChelePA

ChelePA, we're glad you're here! Thanks for joining in! I don't have Plyo HiiT but have Cathe's other HiiTs, like Cardio HiiT from Shock Series, Tabaticize, etc. How is Plyo HiiT different from Cathe's other HiiT dvds, if any? It was never on my radar since I have other Cathe HiiT dvds.
Enjoy your ride with your daughter!

There are 2 HiiT workouts on this dvd. One uses the step and one floor only. Plyo one is floor only and maximized intensity in so many of the moves. There were several times my form was hurting by the end and I was sucking wind. Step Hiit is also very intense but I was able to recover faster. You can combine them for a longer program. Comparing other Hiit workouts 40/20 always challenged me and Cardio Core Circuit still kicks my butt.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-20, 12:59 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Bchgrl42, I felt the same way about the lives. And Cathe is just so much fun and goofy and relaxed! They have a great vibe!

KateTT, I went and tried to look up those workouts anyway and then stopped myself!!

Fanofladyvols, PS plus the Xtrain challenges...that sounds HARD!! Do post how it goes! And I'll have to visit that Drill Max premix.

Kim, ENJOY your trip!! You'll have to tell us all about it when you get back!

So this coming week, I plan on moving into the 'sash' series. And as I was perusing those titles, I realized...they are all. sooooo. LONG! My original plan to do them each as is in the first week juuuuuust isn't gonna happen, so thank goodness for premixes! My tentative plan for the coming week is:

Sun: Butts and Guts
Mon: Body Max 2 double upper body premix
Tues: Body Max 2 cardio blast premix OR some premix from Cardio Fusion
Weds: Muscle Max (hardcore series)
Thurs: Drill Max (I think)
Fri: Low Impact Circuit (I think)

Like I said, tentative, hah! Have a great weekend, fierce friends!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-20, 02:35 PM  
manleym

Fanofladyvols, I think you'll like the other kickbox workouts, if you like KickMax. I think what I like better about the other kbox workouts is the music. The others have a more fun factor to me, and the only reason I can think of is the music.

I think I'm going to start the Sash Series next week. It will be a nice change of pace (more cardio/lighter weights) after GS (heavy weight splits). I have to say though that I am SKERD of Cardio Fusion!!! It has me trembling!! I love your idea of adding the XTrain Challenges! It's fun mixing and matching parts of workouts from different series!

Bchgrl42, I agree! It's nice to see instructors as real people. Not all made up like they're going to prom. I actually like Cathe in earlier years because she looks more natural, as well as the other gals with her.

Kim, I loves me some Double Wave Pyramid HiiT!! One of my go-tos when I want a great cardio workout, with no equipment, done in 30 minutes. Have fun at Disney!! Can't wait to hear about your trip!!

ChelePA, Thanks for the feedback on Plyo HiiT. I looked at some clips and it looked HARD! CCC kicks my butt too!! That's probably why I don't do it very often!

KateTT let us know how you're doing with GS. You'll be lifting 50's over there!! That was not thunder, my fierce friends! That was KateTT dropping her weight!!

Kittybug, agree that Sash Series workouts are long. I'm probably going to have to do some premixes to get them in the 45-60 minute range. I need to look through them to see how I'm going to use them. Tuesday and Wednesday are going to have to be short workouts, so I'll need to be creative or do something else those days.

Stay strong my fierce friends!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-20, 04:15 PM  
manleym

Ya'll have probably seen this, but Cathe is having a 25% off bundle sale. I don't think there's anything I want included in the sale, but I thought of splitting a bundle if there were only certain workouts ya'll wanted. And you might check the daily deals. I bought 4 Day Split when it was a daily deal and also got the 25% off.

https://cathe.com/cathe-dvd-bundle-mania/
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-20, 04:19 PM  
ChelePA

Today I did Stacked Lower Body with Abs mixed in. Great premix—then I don’t skip ab work. Love the Stacked workouts. Quick and to the point. Also added on the extended stretch. My one hip is so tight lately.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-20, 07:03 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
Ya'll have probably seen this, but Cathe is having a 25% off bundle sale. I don't think there's anything I want included in the sale, but I thought of splitting a bundle if there were only certain workouts ya'll wanted. And you might check the daily deals. I bought 4 Day Split when it was a daily deal and also got the 25% off.

https://cathe.com/cathe-dvd-bundle-mania/
That's it ..Manley is on the board for Queen Enabler

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in