Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-20, 08:04 AM  
dbclark44

Wednesday - 1/22 - 6951/2.85; Cathe Extended Chair Stretch; TM 30 min/1.5 miles; Self weights for chest & Triceps
Thursday 1/23 - 912 steps/.37 miles
Friday 1/24 - 7339/3.01; TM 40 min/2 miles; Recumbent bike 33 min/5.13 miles

Boy Thursday was a dud day. I barely moved. Have to do better than that and not have a repeat day like that. Been enjoying this lanai so much I don't want to do anything else but sit out here. Thank goodness we did join PF. We're getting something in.

Tomorrow we go spend a week in Orlando. Hoping to see a few friends and family while there.

Have a great Saturday ladies.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-20, 01:55 PM  
Sissy B

Tuesday, 1/21 - 5734 steps/2.43 miles
Wednesday, 1/22 - 4030 steps/1.71 miles
Thursday, 1/23 - 6812 steps/2.88 miles
Friday, 1/24 - 6732 steps/2.85 miles
Saturday, 1/25 - 5001 steps/2.12 miles

I finished watching The Crown this week and also watched the movie Creed II. Rocky IV is my favorite Rocky movie and I wanted to see the continuation of that story. I've also read several books. I went and got my hair colored and cut on Wednesday and I had a dentist appointment on Thursday. I had already rescheduled it twice since I was sick. Friday, I ran a couple of errands and finally made it to the grocery store. I finally took down the Christmas tree earlier this week (good thing we just put up an artificial one this year and not a live tree) and last night I packed up the Nativity and the nutcrackers. Today is DD's birthday. She's at FCA College Getaway this weekend. And DH won't be home until Saturday.

Deb - Sounds like you're having a good time in Florida. I'm enjoying reading about the different places you've been and what you have been doing. I hope you have a great time in Orlando this week.

Chrys - I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad your friend was able to make it to the hospital in time. What play did you go see? And you'll find the right dog. Or it will find you. Other than Thief, I've never gotten up planning to go and get a dog that day. And if he hadn't kept showing up on my Facebook feed we wouldn't have him. But there was just something about him. He was meant to be ours.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-20, 09:02 AM  
dbclark44

Saturday 1/25 - 10609/4.35; Walk #1 - 37 min/1.67; Walk #2 - 42 min/1.76
Sunday 1/26 - 12972/5.32; Walk 45 min/2.1

We're in Orlando for a week. I have a friend who I was stationed with in the Air Force back in the 90s coming by for lunch today. She lives in Fort Walton Beach and is stopping by on her way home from San Antonio FL. And yes, there is a San Antonio FL as my friend Denise questioned and googled. I never questioned. Tina said that's where she was and I don't know FL that well to question it. There are lots of cities with the same names in a lot of our 50 states.

We're staying in a condo at our Wyndham Resort time share. It's Bonnet Creek on Disney property and when I say Disney property, that's saying a lot in the wide area that encompasses Disney. Wyndham has staked out some real estate putting this resort here. Lots of kids here though. More kids than we've been around in some time. Not a big fan of being around a lot of kids.

Anyway, one of our church members who uses Wyndham a lot, suggested we ask for a room in one of the most recently renovated towers (there are 6) and a view of the nightly fireworks show from Disney which can be seen from the resort if up high enough on the right side. So I only had enough points when I made the reservation (back in May) for a 1-BR 1BA week's stay. Boy was I surprised when we got to our unit and it was a 2-BR 2BA. Whoopee!!! 2 baths! Charles and I have only one in the condo in Cape Coral so this is a small luxury. And with 2 BR we invited some friends who live in Melbourne FL to come stay for a couple of nights. I'm waiting to hear back from them today if they're able to get kenneling for their dog so they can come Thursday and leave out Saturday. That will be nice.

Yesterday, after we got settled, all we did was go get something to eat and walk around the lake. Once I saw the fireworks I wish I had went with a lake view instead of fireworks. That lake is gorgeous. The condo does have a small balcony, not screened and not as nice as the one in Cape Coral but it is nice. We're on the 8th floor and can see over the trees to Disney itself. So I'll have fireworks display every night at 9 compliments of Disney.

Saturday I took a couple of long walks to get my steps in. We didn't do anything but hang out at the condo. I have no problem doing that on the lanai. I can seriously do that all day. So I forced myself to go for a couple of 30+ minute neighborhood walks which helped put me over 10K..Sunday before we left for Orlando I took a nice long one and the walk after we got here put me over 10K So couple of great days of walking past 2 days.

We have an appointment at 1030 for a timeshare update. We only go because they bribe you with gifts it's hard to walk away from. This time they're giving us $100 gift card to spend while we're here. That'll help with food anyway. I spent $42 (includes 20% tip) on food when we ate out last night. After that I'm on stand by until Tina makes it here.

Sissy, so glad you're enjoying my travels.

Chrys, praise God, your friend will be okay! 53 years old. Man.

Have a great Monday ladies.

Old 01-27-20, 10:33 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I did a 3 mile treadmill walk tonight. I didn't do much over the weekend, because I had body aches (I think my coworker shared her flu). I decided to skip the play because it was Fiddler, and I've seen it many times. I did watch "A Dog's Purpose" because DH said it would be good for me. I cried for 2 hours after it was over. He then apologized and said I wasn't ready for it. Silly man.
Deb, enjoy the Disney fireworks. I love those!
Sissy, you are right. I think the right dog will find me.
Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-20, 07:43 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

Sunday 12-Jan-20 3727
Monday 13-Jan-20 3845
Tuesday 14-Jan-20 4300
Wednesday 15-Jan-20 3672
Thursday 16-Jan-20 3760 WHFN Flexposture
Friday 17-Jan-20 5810
Saturday 18-Jan-20 4555 Kathleen Anderson Yoga in the Garden of Serenity
Sunday 19-Jan-20 3888
Monday 20-Jan-20 5243 #22 Cathe Total Body Reps Part 1
Tuesday 21-Jan-20 6664 #22 Cathe Total Body Reps Part 2
Wednesday 22-Jan-20 12715
Thursday 23-Jan-20 4700 #28 Cathe Live High Reps Total Body Part 1
Friday 24-Jan-20 4705
Saturday 25-Jan-20 5476
Sunday 26-Jan-20 7257
Monday 27-Jan-20 5982
Tuesday 28-Jan-20 #28 Cathe Live High Reps Total Body Part 2
Old 01-28-20, 07:47 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

I did a copy and paste from my excel workout log. My steps are pitiful. Working on pulling myself out of my funk.

Sissy, hope you feel better soon.

Chrys, glad your husband will be home soon.

Deb-January is perfect Florida weather. I can't stand Florida once the humidity starts up.
Old 01-29-20, 12:15 PM  
Sissy B

Sunday, 1/26 - 3852 steps/1.63 miles
Monday, 1/27 - 6571 steps/2.78 miles
Tuesday, 1/28 - 5541 steps/2.34 miles

Leslie
- Thanks! I am feeling a lot better. Still dealing with seasonal allergies, but that's normal when our weather keeps fluctuating between hot and cold. I can't stand FL when it's hot and humid either. Unfortunately, right now I live on the gulf coast so that's our weather most of the year too. We are having some winter this year though. Today it's cold and raining. It's not really that cold (the high today is supposed to be 53), especially in comparison to the temperatures where the rest of you live, but it feels colder because of the rain. And I'm right there with you, my steps are pitiful right now too.

Chrys - I hope you're feeling better. I read the book A Dog's Purpose but have no interest in seeing the movie. I hate movies where the dog dies and I don’t think I could handle it happening over and over again, especially right after losing one like you just did. I read Where the Red Fern Grows for the first time when I was in 4th or 5th grade. When I was 15 and my brother was 10 we watched the movie. I started crying as soon as the little boy got the 2 puppies. My brother asked, "Why are you crying? This is happy. He got puppies" and I told him I knew what was going to happen to them. By the end of the movie he was crying too.

Deb - Are you going to spend any time in the parks or are you just staying on Disney property? They are having the Festival of Arts right now at Epcot. I've never been to that one, but a lot of people say it's the best festival they have and it shouldn't be too crowded during the week. Disney Springs is nice for shopping and eating too. We love The Daily Poutine. The French Poutine with mushrooms and Gruyere is our favorite there and I like the Shrimp and Lobster Macaroni & Cheese from one of the food trucks. I also love Fish & Chips.

I took my car down yesterday to have our mechanic check one of the tires for me. Every time the weather changed significantly it was losing a good amount of air. It was down to 23 pounds on Saturday and it should be at 51. This has been going on for a while, but that's the lowest it had gotten. I aired it back up (we have a compressor in the garage) and when I checked it again on Monday it was already down to 42-43 pounds. Turns out, I needed a new set of tires. He ordered them for me and I went back down this morning and had them put on.

It's time to go to the grocery store again because I have finished the oatmeal I made and the Chicken Salad that I got from Chicken Salad Chick last week. I still have one serving left of the Chicken & Sun-Dried Fettuccine Alfredo that I made but I am sick of it. I've eaten it 5 nights in a row now and that's enough.
Old 01-29-20, 05:01 PM  
dbclark44

Monday 1/27 - 7887/3.23
Tuesday 1/28 - 10724/4.40

Haven't made it to the workout room here on the property yet. We have been doing a lot of walking and my knees are attesting to that. They are feeling a little cranky and achy.

Sissy, we are planning to visit Epcot on Friday. I am trying to avoid Disney Springs. I hear it's very expensive and I'm not into shopping. Our friends from Melbourne will be here tomorrow and we plan to spend the afternoon in Seaworld. To be honest Sissy, I am just not into the Disney parks. To spend 2 hours waiting on an attraction just doesn't appeal to me. But DH wants to see Epcot so I'll go along and be a team player, put on a happy face and grin and bear it as the saying goes. Will probably see the festival since we'll be there.

Today is one of my non TV days which you would think be easy where I'm at. But the weather is cloudy and cool. It started out nice and DH and I walked down to the Hilton to a buffet for breakfast this morning. The Hilton is about .8 of a mile from us. I decided to order off the menu and got a smoothie, bran muffin, some fruit and potatoes. I wasn't feeling the buffet. DH did the buffet.

After that we drove to Shades of Green, a military resort out here to purchase the Epcot tickets for a discounted price. I had never been to Shades of Green and I am eligible to use it, just never think about it. You need to make reservations almost a year in advance because they are booked to capacity all the time.

This afternoon the sun went away and the temps dropped from 72 to 60s. Supposed to rain but all we're getting so far is clouds. Looks like it's more of the same tomorrow. Yesterday was nice, 70s and sunny. I sat down by the pool at a bar and had a couple of drinks while the sun set. Once it did, it got cold and I went inside.

Well, my smart watch says I'm over 9900 steps for the day, so it won't take much to roll over 10K. Forgot to put my other pedometer on so will have to remember to record my steps when I take it off this evening.

Leslie, you and Sissy sound just like my husband. He hates FL in the summer too and talks about how much he's enjoying this winter here.

The wi-fi in the resort is terrible so I won't be streaming any Cathe while here. DH and I have been using our data of which we seldom do and usually end up giving bunches back to them every month. Not so much next month when it rolls over.

Have a great Wednesday ladies.

Old 01-29-20, 05:12 PM  
Sissy B

Deb - I'm not really into shopping either, we usually go to Disney Springs to get something to eat, especially on the trips where we get to Orlando late. Raglan Road has late night dining.

There aren't that many rides in Epcot right now, at least not that I'm interested in. I like Test Track and the Frozen ride in the Norway pavilion. I can't ride Mission Space, it makes me sick and so did Soarin' the last time I rode it a couple of years ago. The Living with the Land ride in the Land Pavilion is interesting and usually only has a 5-10 minute wait. You get a behind the scenes look at some of the food production they use for their restaurants. DD would like to work there after she graduates. I like to walk around the World Showcase and wander through the different countries. You'll have to let me know what you think about the Festival of Arts. It's the one Epcot festival that I've never been to, but I have friends that think it's the best one.

Grocery shopping is going to have wait until tomorrow. I'm just not up to it today so I went to the local coffee shop for lunch.
Old 01-30-20, 04:45 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

Today's workout: Cathe Live #43 Metabolic Conditioning with a few modifications, plus a walk around the city park. Sitting at 8,4XX steps right now.

I was chaperone on a band trip to Disney in early June about 10 years ago. I thought I was gonna melt in the afternoon.

Tags
fitbit, fitness tracker, fitness trackers