Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-19, 12:53 PM  
aquakat

I did Firm Express Cardio last night, and it made me nostalgic for the excitement of the Firm infomercials, the buzz on the Firm Believers webclub, the waiting for delivery of new videos or gadgets. Sigh!
aquakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-19, 08:54 PM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquakat View Post
I did Firm Express Cardio last night, and it made me nostalgic for the excitement of the Firm infomercials, the buzz on the Firm Believers webclub, the waiting for delivery of new videos or gadgets. Sigh!
I recently got some FIRMs I didn't have before via a local used bookstore, and the fun little mini commercials for the FIRM Believers club really had me nostalgic. I've lately been doing some of the Wave videos, and man, that gadget was just so cool when it came out. Mine still works great, and I'll never get rid of it! And I still do something from the Express set every couple of weeks!
Old 04-08-19, 09:38 PM  
anetta

I also miss the Firm infomercials-even though I don't even do the Firm anymore

Anita
anetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-19, 02:22 PM  
bfit

I miss DVDs too! Streaming just isn't the same as a brand new DVD that you get to keep and look at. Sometimes I just enjoy looking at the shelf and finding a workout I haven't done for a while and deciding to do it next time. But maybe I'm just strange . . .
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-19, 07:43 AM  
dianestjohn

I also greatly miss new dvds, I used to love to go to Collage and Total Fitness to browse the new offerings, add thing to my wishlist and occasionally splurge on a few dvds. Streaming to me just isn’t the same- I almost feel like with streaming workouts there’s just too much choice and it’s overwhelming to me. I like the concreteness of a dvd and that I know it will play without doing a lot of internet navigation and with no freezing or other technical glitches.
dianestjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-19, 07:47 AM  
sherry7899

Does anyone else miss stalking their mailbox waiting for new DVDs to arrive? That was fun!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-19, 08:18 AM  
Gams

Sherry, remember all the threads here when people were waiting for new DVDs to arrive and they would post wondering where THEIR DVD was because someone else had posted that they got THEIR DVD? I even remember posts where people had seen a UPS truck or USPS truck go by their home, but it hadn’t stopped with their package. We all had tons of workouts already, but there was something about waiting for that new one.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-19, 08:58 AM  
laurajhawk

There was a time when I felt a little blank if I couldn't check tracking to see where my new DVD(s) was/were! I still buy sometimes but not so much, maybe a handful a year.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-19, 10:36 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

I also miss the chatter on VF when new videos were making their way across the continent and people were reporting in, with stories of finding them hidden in bushes after 2 days or running after the UPS or mail person.

Does anyone else feel like there just aren't any exciting new workouts or new instructors, period? They have "Watchathon" on Comcast right now where subscription channels like Gaiam and Fitfusion have some free sample workouts available this week. Nothing I've seen gets me excited - it's just dull music, dull sets and same old do burpees for a minute, rest, do pushups, rest, There's nothing to differentiate them from free Youtube workouts.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-19, 12:29 PM  
suzannaerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Misty Tripoli also releases dvds. That is a really short list, though.

I miss the anticipation of new workouts and the discussion. That was really enjoyable.

Tamilee had been doing short streaming workouts. I need to fiind the site.
You enabler you! I went and checked out Misty’s website and ended up making a purchase. I’m no dancer but it looks like these are more fun over style or skill.

I am a year older than Cathe. Unrealistically, I thought that maybe her workouts would adapt as she aged. No go. I can no longer do them due to spine issues and to her fast pace, even when lifting weights. I need to focus on the right form these days and that means a bit slower and focused . Oh well. Jessica Smith has more than filled the void.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dvds versus streaming, vintage workouts