Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-06-17, 04:37 PM  
Nina O

ART Method Live

This was posted on Facebook re Live ART Method classes - every Thursday until Christmas I've done ART Method for a few years via streaming / DVD and love it:

"Active Resistance Training® LIVE class broadcast from Holis Spa in Manuel Antonio Costa Rica. Join Terri here on her FB page as she guides you through this intensely transformative fitness practice. You'll need 2 foam yoga blocks and a mat and a desire to change the way you think about working out forever!

Class time: Thursdays
7 am PST
9 am CST
10 am EST

What Is Active Resistance Training®?

The Active Resistance Training® Method is the first 'fitness practice'. A foundational fitness system developed over the course of Terri Walsh's 30+ year career in New York City, The A.R.T. Method utilizes 2 foam yoga blocks to create whats called 'active resistance'.

The ART Method combines all the things you may know in ways you have never seen before. You will elevate your heart rate​ and burn fat​ while strengthening your muscles and increasing your range of motion. Its entirely devoid of high impact movements and delivers high intensity results. Classes will start with blocks only and over time will evolve to include dumbbells, bands, ankle weights, and other common fitness equipment."
Nina O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-17, 12:05 PM  
ARTmethodfan
VF Supporter

I went to the livestream intro class on Saturday and it was great - lots of good information. I'm just coming back to ART Method after a year hiatus of exercise. The Saturday class helped me so much to find the active resistance points - especially the navel. I'm looking forward to these Thursday classes.
ARTmethodfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-17, 11:26 AM  
ARTmethodfan
VF Supporter

Terri did the first Thursday live class yesterday (there was an intro class last Saturday.)

I just found out that she will be leaving these on her Facebook for 24 hours after the class. It's still there now. If you have a chance to check it out, it was a great class.
Old 11-10-17, 04:07 PM  
hotncmom

I wish she would leave them up longer. I just started a new job and have been busy with kid's activities every night so I haven't had a chance to look.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-17, 10:42 AM  
ARTmethodfan
VF Supporter

The video is still up on Facebook.
Old 11-11-17, 10:51 AM  
ARTmethodfan
VF Supporter

Oops - my mistake. That was last Saturday's intro class that is still on FB.
Old 11-12-17, 02:06 PM  
carly

We are approaching the holidays and I am way too busy to do these within a set 24 hrs. I hope she posts 1 or 2 of these on YouTube. I would like to try one of her classes.
carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-17, 07:18 PM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by carly View Post
We are approaching the holidays and I am way too busy to do these within a set 24 hrs. I hope she posts 1 or 2 of these on YouTube. I would like to try one of her classes.
I think she re-added the entire beginner series back to Youtube. There are 18 workouts in all, I think. There's also an hour-long beginner mat workshop on Youtube as well. I think these FB lives are beginner classes, so they're probably really similar to the Youtube classes.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-17, 10:41 PM  
carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
I think she re-added the entire beginner series back to Youtube. There are 18 workouts in all, I think. There's also an hour-long beginner mat workshop on Youtube as well. I think these FB lives are beginner classes, so they're probably really similar to the Youtube classes.
Thanks, I missed her reposting the beginner series! 😊
carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-17, 12:10 PM  
ARTmethodfan
VF Supporter

Terri just posted on Facebook that she'll leave the classes up longer. She'll take them down once the traffic to them has slowed to the point where it appears no one is viewing anymore. She will also be posting these at Powhow for members.

Tags
art method, terri walsh