Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-29-17, 07:59 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Email emily@physique57.com. She can get you sorted out. Sorry to hear you're having difficulties, but I think Emily will sort you out. You should be able to get the March only pricing.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-17, 08:14 PM  
nevertoolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
Email emily@physique57.com. She can get you sorted out. Sorry to hear you're having difficulties, but I think Emily will sort you out. You should be able to get the March only pricing.
Thanks, Nuggie's Auntie. I'll try this later.

In the meantime, things are not boding well for Physique 57. I can't log on using my tablet or my smart phone, only on my computer. I can't workout using my computer for streaming. I haven't had this problem with any other streaming service. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Ann

Edited to add: Well, this could be a deal-breaker. I looked at some of the technical questions on the website and it said, "Once you purchase the on-demand workout video, you will have instant access to the internet video stream. The video plays automatically in your browser from the device you purchase it on." I made the purchase on my laptop. I want to access the videos using my tablet. It looks like I can't do this? Jeeez!

Last edited by nevertoolate; 03-29-17 at 08:21 PM. Reason: update info
nevertoolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-17, 08:32 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevertoolate View Post

Edited to add: Well, this could be a deal-breaker. I looked at some of the technical questions on the website and it said, "Once you purchase the on-demand workout video, you will have instant access to the internet video stream. The video plays automatically in your browser from the device you purchase it on." I made the purchase on my laptop. I want to access the videos using my tablet. It looks like I can't do this? Jeeez!
That's weird--I've had no problem streaming from a variety of devices. I've used my computer, iPad, iPhone and my smart TV. Do ask Emily. That seems bizarre that you'd only be able to use your laptop!
Old 04-04-17, 01:49 PM  
nevertoolate

Update on pricing issues...

Quote:
I'm not happy about what looks like changing the terms from screen to screen. The first screen that comes up from Nuggie's Auntie's link says, "March offer only" and "$19.95 after your FREE trial" and "first 30 days free." I took a screen shot of this.

After I registered, the next screen brought up 2 options. One option was $29.99 per month after a 15-day free trial. The other was $19.95 after a 15-day free trial and required a 3-month commitment. Huh! What happened to the 30-day free trial offered on the previous page? And the 3-month commitment wasn't mentioned on the previous page.

I selected the 3-months at $19.95 and read in the Terms and Conditions that my billing would start on 4/13/17 after my 15-day trial. I completed my registration. Then when I went to my Account page with my billing information, it said my billing would start on 4/7/17. This is NOT a 15-day free trial!

I sent them a message through their Contact page. I haven't received anything back yet. I don't like misleading advertising and the changing terms from page to page. It looks like bait and switch. If they don't fix this and give me what they promised on their first page, I'm cancelling. As it is, I have until 4/7/17 to cancel without a charge, which is only a 9-day free trial. I hope I don't have a problem cancelling.

Ann
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillygirl View Post
Ann,

I could've written your post word-for-word except that my account billing information said 4/6/17. I also sent them an email using their Contact Page and waiting for a response as to why all the different information. I'll report back if/when I hear from them.

I do really like the new set-up for the streaming workouts. I have a Barre3 subscription and Physique 57's style is a little too frantic for me but I'll give them a try and see if I'll warm up to things. I like the music and studio set at Barre3 better as well as the fact that they move to the beat of the songs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
I want to post an update to the pricing issues on the Physique 57 streaming site. The customer support finally got back to me (but Emily never responded to the email I sent her). They said, "the 15 day free trial is the correct term, we are having problems updating the home page to reflect this as well." They also said that, "no promotional code applied which is why your account was showing a different billing date." They offered to adjust that for me. However, over the weekend I was able to try out several workouts and preview others. While there were things I liked about how the site was set up, I just didn't like the routines all that much. They felt, as sillygirl mentioned above, a bit too frantic for me. I guess I like my barre more calm and controlled, like barre3 or bar method. That's probably why I never could get into the Physique 57 DVDs I have. So I cancelled my P57 trial. I recently activated my barre3 subscription and I really like that a lot. The comparison in the vibe between the two sites is significant.

So, anyone interested in my Physique 57 DVDs? I have 6 -- the original series 1 and 2. If so, please PM me. I'm going to list them on VF Roost.

Your in fitness and health.

Ann
nevertoolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-17, 02:17 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Thanks, Nuggie's Auntie. I'll try this later.

In the meantime, things are not boding well for Physique 57. I can't log on using my tablet or my smart phone, only on my computer. I can't workout using my computer for streaming. I haven't had this problem with any other streaming service. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Ann

I don't think it's the actual device you bought it from. I'm doing the free trial and have streamed from my tablet and laptop by logging in to my account. What problem were you having logging in?

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-17, 02:21 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

A little update--I've done a couple of streaming workouts. I really like being able to make mashups. I wish every single video workout could be set up like that! I've streamed from my tablet and laptop. My TV will mirror a device but it slowed down the wifi connection so I just used the device itself. I could probably hook up my laptop using a cable if I can find the right one.

Yes, P57 workouts are fast-paced. It's not like a streaming site that includes a lot of different instructors and/or styles, it's really for those who like P57. That said, there's a good variety of instructors and workout types.

Still, I don't think I'll pay for streaming. I tend to be all over the place with my workouts and probably wouldn't use the site enough to justify it. I do have the DVDs and will of course keep using those. I'll make the most of the free trial while I have it!

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Old 04-04-17, 03:28 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Did anyone else try the live class yesterday morning? I did it and loved it! Except the audio was really poor. I could only hear Tanya's muffled voice, so it was basically doing the workout without cues, which at times was tough. (I had to do my own thing in a couple of sections because I couldn't see the screen.) The video was great, though. THey had two camera angles and the picture was very clear. So fun to feel like I was in the studio! I've taken class at that one a few times and love the view from the side window.

I hope they sort out the sound issues, because for me, live classes totally make the subscription worth it!
Old 05-03-17, 04:35 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

I was checking my account today (to cancel so I wouldn't be billed) and realized I got billed for my "free" month. I submitted an inquiry, so hopefully it will be sorted out. They billed me $29.95. I don't recall seeing anything about the free month being limited to new subscribers.

Old 05-04-17, 06:25 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratima View Post
I was checking my account today (to cancel so I wouldn't be billed) and realized I got billed for my "free" month. I submitted an inquiry, so hopefully it will be sorted out. They billed me $29.95. I don't recall seeing anything about the free month being limited to new subscribers.
Ugh, what a drag! No, I wasn't a first time subscriber and I got the free month. I have to say, their CS is really lacking these days. They used to have a social media manager who was great and responded promptly to issues posted on FB or wherever, but she left and the service just isn't as good. They don't seem to have filled that position. I wish they would just be more straightforward with the pricing, too. It seems like they're just trying to see what they can get people to pay. Just set a price for everyone and be done with it!

I really am loving the site, though. The live classes are so so good! For me, it's worth it just for that. And they are offering live twice a week in May!
Old 05-04-17, 06:26 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Yeah, I still haven't gotten a reply. I'll probably post on their FB page if I don't. No one likes public criticism!

Tags
physique 57