Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-27-17, 11:58 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Physique 57 On Demand!

The kids were off for a week in February, so since I was just going to be hanging around the house, I figured I would do the free trial at physique57.com. They used to offer a free week, but to my delight, they now offer the first MONTH for free! I was also thrilled to find they have temporarily lowered the price to $19.95 a month, down from the ridiculous $57 they used to charge.

Oh my goodness, the site is so great! They have loads of variety now. So many different workouts in varying length. Some with a white curtained background set, some on a beach, some with a city scape. Workouts range in length from 10-60 minutes. They also have a mashup feature. You can build your own video (components will play automatically) by linking up different videos.

Best of all, there are a number of challenge calendars, ranging from 2 weeks to 10.

I'm over the moon that they've made the service more affordable. I was able to lock in the $19.95 a month pricing.

Check it out! http://ondemand.physique57.com/invite/70b83176
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-17, 12:48 PM  
topfitmama

I followed your link on Facebook and they now offer a 15 day free trial. If you commit to 3 months you get the $19.95 price, otherwise the price is $29.95.

Still a lot more reasonable than $57 and it sounds like you get a lot more bang for your buck. I might go over and try it out for 15 days over the Easter holidays.
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-17, 12:48 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Is the mashup feature easy to use? I need to hook up my laptop to my TV and see how that goes. Last time I streamed it on my laptop and was annoyed by the small screen. My Sony Blu-Ray couldn't stream it before though, I think because they use Flash? Anyway, I love the idea of putting together my own workouts!

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-17, 01:09 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

I clicked the link above and it says "your first 30 days are free." Not sure if that will change once I log in though.

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Old 03-27-17, 02:26 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Huh, weird that they seem to have different terms. I got first month free and $19.95 thereafter, no minimum commitment. Either way, I plan to continue subscribing. I love the calendar feature. It really motivates me to workout, and it's so much cheaper and more convenient than taking classes locally.

Pratima, the mashups are very easy to put together, and you can save them, along with your favorite workouts.
Old 03-28-17, 07:53 AM  
mbcatac7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratima View Post
Is the mashup feature easy to use? I need to hook up my laptop to my TV and see how that goes. Last time I streamed it on my laptop and was annoyed by the small screen. My Sony Blu-Ray couldn't stream it before though, I think because they use Flash? Anyway, I love the idea of putting together my own workouts!
Mashups are easy to use. It just continues to the next workout without having to do anything. I am also doing the 30 days free trial and really like it. It gets my heart rate up and they workouts are tough.
Old 03-28-17, 02:30 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

I signed up for the trial and created my first mashup. I'll try it out tomorrow. I wish they had the workouts organized by body part! I chose strength and 10 minutes and put together a 40 minute arm and ab mashup.

Is the body part option there somewhere and I just missed it?

Old 03-28-17, 02:54 PM  
cherimac

When I checked it said two weeks free, $19.95 first month, $29.95 after that. Still better than $57!
Old 03-28-17, 03:09 PM  
mbcatac7

I like it but not sure if I will keep it. I started Callanetics streaming online, and I like that. But probably would be o.k with just downloading a few videos on my computer and be happy with that. I also have PBL..which I really do love and I feel has more to offer. Can't see a reason to keep all 3.
Old 03-28-17, 03:41 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
When I checked it said two weeks free, $19.95 first month, $29.95 after that. Still better than $57!
They must be playing with the pricing options to see what they can get. They showed great unwillingness to reduce that crazy price for the longest time! I'm glad they've finally come around to offering it at better terms.

It is a great site, though. They really do have some nice features!

Tags
physique 57