Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-16, 11:18 AM  
Lannette

Anyone Streaming Callanetics?

I'm typically not able to stream anything without a lot of buffering. (Is that the term?) I gave the Callanetics site a try and discovered that I can stream even their hour and a half workouts seamlessly on my iPad Pro.

I did the original Callanetics WO once a week for years and loved it.

I'm very enamored by Sandra Hanna's approach. I love her Somatics sessions and the way she weaves Katy Bowman's stuff into the workouts.

Anyone else using this site for streaming?

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-16, 11:42 AM  
Demeris

I did last spring. I really like Sandra Hannah's personality and her approach to Callanetics. I don't know enough about Katy Bowman to judge her incorporation of that info. I also like her daughter-in-law's approach. I used Hannah's Somatics workouts when I was recovering from the flu last March.

I started streaming it when I was out of the country last fall and continued to stream it for about three months after I returned home. Am I correct in understanding that, with the streaming contract, you can download workouts? I am contemplating re-upping and will if I can download some of them.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-16, 12:12 PM  
Lannette

Demeris,

When I'm signed into the Callanetics Studio I don't see any options to download the WOs. When I sign out I see options for their streaming service along with options to rent or download almost all of the WOs. From the FAQs I gather that if you download you can also stream the videos you paid to download.

Keep in mind that this is the first time I've been successful in streaming anything without a glitch so I could be missing something. Also, I typically can't download full length videos.

I'm curious as to why you stopped subscribing to the studio after three months.

I've only done one of Adelaide's WOs and enjoyed it. I've been concentrating on the beginner WOs for now but hope to get back to more of her stuff.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Old 10-09-16, 05:16 PM  
winnie_p
VF Supporter

Thanks for posting this. I found a code for a discounted first month on the Callanetics Studio facebook (LOVESANDRA), so I tried out the Sandra Hanna gentle workout. I love the included Katy Bowman stretches and exercises. The somatics piece of this workout was really nice. It reminded me a little of a Feldenkrais awareness through movement-type class. So--very cool. Barre-ish with elements of other things that have interested me over the years. I think the Callanetics exercises might be my least favorite part of the workout, and that would be my reason for discontinuing it in the future. I prefer other versions of Barre/small deep exercises to Callanetics. I hope it grows on me given how much I like the other elements of the workout!
winnie_p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-16, 05:46 PM  
Demeris

Sandra shut her site down in the spring, in anticipation of the new releases. I looked at the new site. It has a large number of her workouts on it. I didn't see all of what was uploaded on the old site, but still a good amount.
Old 10-09-16, 05:50 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
Sandra shut her site down in the spring, in anticipation of the new releases. I looked at the new site. It has a large number of her workouts on it. I didn't see all of what was uploaded on the old site, but still a good amount.
I think a part of it is still up - the forum section. There is a link to it on the bottom of the new site.

Try THIS.

Last edited by Lannette; 10-09-16 at 05:58 PM. Reason: To add link
Old 10-10-16, 08:12 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
I think a part of it is still up - the forum section. There is a link to it on the bottom of the new site.

Try THIS.
Thank you! My login still works!
Old 10-10-16, 04:06 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
Thank you! My login still works!
That's great!

Old 11-20-16, 01:01 PM  
Lannette

Reviving this old thread to update.

There are now 119 videos on the site. (15 new ones in the last week.) That doesn't count 11 foreign language videos. Some are quite brief because they're instructional in nature but most are stand alone workouts.

I'm still in shock every time I successfully stream a session using my wonky DSL wifi connection. The site streams through Pivotshare which has a variety of other fitness streaming sites. I assume streaming those sites would be similarly effortless. (I haven't tried any.)

Anyone else using the Callanetics site?

Tags
callanetics, callanetics streaming, feldenkrais, katy bowman, sandra hanna, somatics