Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-15, 07:25 PM  
BamaTanya

A.R.T. Method: How often?

I'm just starting to look at these . . .
BamaTanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-15, 08:09 PM  
mwelters
VF Supporter

Hi and welcome I love Terri and her method but I can only do her classes 2 sometimes 3 times a week. At 59 I have many ailments that get aggravated by any type of exercise done back to back. But they are challenging and fun at the same time. Her workouts on youtube are an excellent way to get started with Terri.
mwelters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-15, 08:25 PM  
deineira

I think Terri would recommend 3-5 times per week. ART workouts can vary focus on lower or upper body, but they are still total body workouts even with that emphasis. There are also total body workouts, but most of the ones that are in the archive alternative upper and lower. There are also Quick Tones that use other techniques and modalities.

The YouTube workouts were created to get a newbie started with the ART Method practice, so I agree that's a good place to start, although they did not exist when I started so I just jumped into the workouts that are on Terri's site. Terri has a private Facebook group where she is very engaged and happy to answer any questions. If you're on Facebook, you should join, and you can ask her questions there. I think this link should take you right to it, and you can submit a request, https://www.facebook.com/groups/terriwalshartmethod/.

ART can be very addictive, and it does a body good. I hope you enjoy it.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-15, 07:53 AM  
donnamp

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback, I have been thinking about giving ART a try for a few months now- especially with the free You Tube series. I was thinking of doing it every other day w/ other stuff (maybe a walk, stretch, etc.) in between.

For those experiences "ARTISTS" - this looks like it has a rehabilitative component to it - do you agree? I have only pre-viewed the You Tube workouts.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-15, 11:06 AM  
mwelters
VF Supporter

Yes I agree, the free series on Youtube is perfect as Terri starts you out at simple moves and slowly starts integrating more complex moves put together. You have a basic warm up and 2 Technique studies to choose from, then your class starts. There are 19 classes on her channel and you do sweat. It's yoga and pilates combined and done on Terri's terms. It's all about her resistance points which once you learn are beneficial to every form of exercise you do. Walking and stretching really do compliment her workouts.
mwelters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-15, 03:28 PM  
ARTmethodfan
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post

For those experiences "ARTISTS" - this looks like it has a rehabilitative component to it - do you agree? I have only pre-viewed the You Tube workouts.
I think that ART can be rehabilitative in the sense that it doesn't tear you down. It has all the pieces of a well-rounded fitness program in each workout (cardio, strength, flexibility). The Tech Study is repeated with each workout strengthens you for the workout to come so you can gauge your progress. The Dynamic Cardio Toning is low-impact but challenging, heart-pumping work. The Focus section has a lot of variety, some are upper body, some are lower and others total body. The Abs section is Pilates-esque. And the ART Method stretch is fantastic for improving flexibility.

It is not rehabilitative in the sense that it is easy. ART Method is a practice. You can grow fitness-wise (or maintain) with it.

The YouTube ART@Home workouts on YouTube are great for getting the basics. I recommend them highly!

Nat

P.S. Terri Walsh just started working with a video production team. Upcoming workouts on PowHow are going to look and sound pretty sharp!!
ARTmethodfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-15, 03:43 PM  
buffmama

I recently started doing these and am surprised by how much I like them. She constantly gives form cues which I love. Like pilates I feel more 'sucked in' and aware of my posture. Only up to workout 4 on youtube but looking forward to more.
buffmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-15, 04:03 PM  
donnamp

Thanks everyone for the feedback! I am going to give the You Tube series a try for sure.

Thanks!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-16, 05:11 PM  
Elsie

Question

Really enjoy Terri's full approach.
Wonder if she ever has any sales? Been kinda stalking a possible sale for nearly a year now. lol
Elsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-16, 09:15 PM  
MoFirmer

They have the ART Method by Terri Walsh on TrainerPass. LOVE her workouts!

Tags
art method, art method@home, terri walsh