Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-14, 08:29 PM  
CarlaVeg

Does anyone like Piyo?

wow the reviews are so mixed... if you like Piyo can you please post it in here? Thanks!

Carla
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-14, 08:55 PM  
ADoll

I like PiYo. Haven't tried them all yet but so far I like Drench, Sweat and Buns. Core was ok. The Lower Body one I consider more for beginners. If you really give it your all, you can get a good workout. Haven't tried the rest.
ADoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-14, 08:59 PM  
catcrazy

I DO!! I like Sweat, Drench, Hardcore on the Floor, and the extra Strength DVDs. I use them as add on's, right now my main focus is Ultimate Yogi, which I plan to get all the way through this time! I'm glad I got PIYO before the reviews or I may have never gotten it.
catcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-14, 09:07 PM  
raeven

I'm working my way through the workouts to see how they are to do. So far I've done the define upper and lower body workouts. I guess they are considered beginner, but they were still pretty tough for me. Strong Legs in the extra strength set was really tough. I was sore for 3 days after doing it. Today I also did Sweat, which, for me was a very well named workout! Holy! So far I think I'm enjoying these.
raeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-14, 09:35 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I like it, and am following the rotation. The Upper and Lower Body Define workouts are the beginner workouts for the rotation. I think they are ok and you can certainly modify up or down. Sweat is a great workout. I just did Core today and I'm not sure about that one. I will have to do it again.

I just plan on working my way through the dvds. I appreciate the slow controlled movements, the length of the workouts, and the fact that there is no equipment needed. Chalene is very subdued in these workouts also. It's not Turbo Jam.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-14, 09:36 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Is it wrist-intensive?

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-14, 09:57 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbee View Post
Is it wrist-intensive?
Yes. Lots of down dogs, push ups and planks.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-14, 10:08 PM  
danac99

I've previewed most of the workouts. I've only done Align and Sweat because I ran out of time before I left for vacation. I still really like the looks of these workouts. I think these workouts are perfect for my current fitness level. I was a little nervous about trying Sweat, thinking the wrist work would be too hard, but I kept up with it better than I thought would. I like that I can do these now (with modifications). Also, I really like Chalene in these workouts.

Dana
danac99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-14, 12:48 AM  
Vee

I have only done two workouts, and I more than like Piyo so far.

I like the length - I can combine two workouts when I feel like doing only Piyo or tag it on after doing something else.

I enjoy it for the moderate intensity (I feel satisfyingly worked out but not wiped out), Chalene and her energy, the sequencing and types of moves, the athletic and yet unstressed vibe, beachbody's production quality. I wish the music had been louder. I have no other quibbles as of now.
Vee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-14, 06:56 AM  
CarlaVeg

I am glad there are some fans out there. I am getting the set and I can't wait to try it!

Carla
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
piyo reviews