Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-07-14, 03:45 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by edensmom View Post
I really think it also depends on what you already have in your collection. I don't hate the workouts but I already have stuff that fills my needs better. For someone else they mighr be just the thing.
This is true for me. I like to lift heavy weights with Cathe in the winter and in the summer my house is hot (no AC) and I don't want to fuss with lots of equipment. I like the idea of just pulling out a mat. I also do Stand Up Paddling, Cycling and lots of walking in the summer and PiYo seems to complement that.

Still, I wish the workouts were more challenging and had more Pi than Yo but for now they seem to fit my needs.

Prettyinpink--Funny we are all so different. See I love the Pilates roll ups. Definitely one of my favorite exercises.

Coastal Girl--I find all the tricep push ups extremely challenging but they really work wonders for my soon to be 51-year old triceps.

Shammy--My legs are long and lean (I'm an apple). I couldn't get speed skater thighs if I wanted them LOL. If it was a possibility though I would be sending them back too.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-14, 08:16 PM  
dnna

I am still deciding what to do about this set and called Mary - got the numbers, address -but- she said I cannot keep the "free gifts for trying the set" which is the tape measure,eating plan and a dvd:buns, and free online support -you know just for trying the program.
did anyone keep the "free dvd"? or the "free" hardcore on the floor dvd>
I am just worried about the return and doing it correctly. I am not interested in keeping the "free gifts" really
thanks

donna
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-14, 09:34 PM  
edensmom

I sent it all back. No gifts for me!
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-14, 09:49 PM  
tifftaffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbarbaruba View Post
I like the concept of these workout but can't get into them. The music is not to my taste and doesn't get me pumped. The workouts seem to last an eternity. Also find the constant Shakeology inserts during and in between the workouts very annoying.
The constant advertising for shakeology is precisely why I didn't bother placing an order... And why I got rid of my 21 day fix set. I really hate the idea that I spend a lot of money for a workout DVD set and have to suffer from their marketing.
tifftaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-14, 10:46 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnna View Post
I am still deciding what to do about this set and called Mary - got the numbers, address -but- she said I cannot keep the "free gifts for trying the set" which is the tape measure,eating plan and a dvd:buns, and free online support -you know just for trying the program.
I am curious - not that anyone needs those tape measures but why *can't* you keep the "free gifts just for trying the set"? Isn't that why they're there? Sounds like BS to me.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-14, 12:12 AM  
juberann

I think its terrible you have to return the "free" gifts. When I returned T25 after it nearly killed me I was told by a BB Rep exactly what to take out of the package and keep so this must be a new policy. I don't mind returning everything but don't like being told to return a "gift" but that comes from BB and not Mary.
Still undecided if I will be keeping this set or not although I do wish I had bought a season of Classical Stretch instead as I know I would've gotten more use out of CS. Live and learn.
And I agree the marketing on the DVDs is a bit much and the ads AFTER the workouts is going overboard,too. I have always disliked that about BB so I wasn't surprised to get Skakeology pushed on me. I am very disappointed with this set and don't feel it was honestly represented by Chalene OR Beachbody but this isn't any different then any other profit making mega business. Just used to instructors like Cathe and Kelly Coffey-Meyer who BOTH give you EXACTLY as they promise. They have both spoiled me! But,lesson learned, not all workouts are marketed honestly.
Old 07-10-14, 06:55 AM  
DeepSeaSue

Quote:
Originally Posted by juberann View Post
I am very disappointed with this set and don't feel it was honestly represented by Chalene OR Beachbody but this isn't any different then any other profit making mega business. Just used to instructors like Cathe and Kelly Coffey-Meyer who BOTH give you EXACTLY as they promise. They have both spoiled me! But,lesson learned, not all workouts are marketed honestly.
I've seen a few VFers mention that they don't feel these were represented honestly and I'm curious as to what people mean by this. What were people expecting that was so different than the delivered product?

ETA: I'm not trying to be argumentative or start drama--I'm honestly not sure what people mean by this.
DeepSeaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-14, 06:55 AM  
dnna

thanks- Mary sent me an email and said she called BB and was told everything ( even the tape measure!) had to be sent back to receive credit.
I don't get how they can market it with free gifts ( tape measure, 1 workout dvd eating plan and online support) and then not accept the return if you keep them.
I am now thinking that it is it is "free ", no extra cost added to the kit, and not free to keep if you return. but of course you are paying for it.
well I still don't know what to do, going back and forth. I so do not want to have BB return trouble.
thanks for the info

donna
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-14, 07:11 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by juberann View Post
II am very disappointed with this set
Oh no, Judy! I know you were looking forward to it. What don't you like about it?
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-14, 07:50 AM  
momofcha

well I sent mine back sans tape measure because I can't find it. I will dispute it up one side and down another if they don't credit me the full amount.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beachbody, piyo, piyo reviews