Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-06-14, 07:05 PM  
TracyQ

I didn't get a receipt either.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-14, 08:13 PM  
slockhart

That's exactly why I didn't order them..I was afraid they would be too easy. I am a BB coach, but I don't really try and sell it anymore. I find that with most of the programs, you pay a lot of money, and end up getting only 1 or 2 advanced workouts that you end up doing. The rest of the workouts are to teach you "the basics" and the beginner workouts. Too bad because I do like Chalene...
slockhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-14, 08:15 PM  
kariev34

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyllisG View Post
I really could not get excited about these. The first three were too easy. Really more beginner. The rest just didn't inspire me at all. I would rather do UY. I really expected these to be more innovative and challenging. I was curious why Kariev returned them also. For me they were a disappointment. I really didn't feel there was anything new here.
I returned them for the same reason you did. I was uninspired by these. Too easy and too short. I would much rather do ballet body, UY, or tonique
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-14, 08:20 PM  
catcrazy

I do Cathe, Horizontal Conditioning, Ultimate Yogi, Ballet Body workouts and I love at least 3 of these workouts, DVDs generally run about 20 bucks each, so 60.00 for 3 workouts is the typical amount I spend anyway.
catcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-14, 08:59 PM  
hotncmom

I would love to try some of the harder workouts, but I'm doing this program with DH and he insists on doing it in order. I have previewed the 3 workouts on Disc 2 and they look pretty good to me.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-14, 01:09 AM  
juberann

Believe it or not, I love hearing some of you think these are too easy because I have been so worried these will be too advanced for my level. I am not too flexible and that is what I hope these will
help change,knowing I might not send them back because I find them too hard and I give up on them makes me even happier I ordered and more excited for my Wednesday delivery. Being from Beachbody, they intimidated me but I finally caved. That said, I am really sorry a few of you decided to return them, that is always disappointing when you pack up that box because a program you had such high hopes for fell short, for whatever reason.
Old 07-07-14, 01:28 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyllisG View Post
I really could not get excited about these. The first three were too easy. Really more beginner. The rest just didn't inspire me at all. I would rather do UY. I really expected these to be more innovative and challenging. I was curious why Kariev returned them also. For me they were a disappointment. I really didn't feel there was anything new here.
thanks. for a fleeting moment, i considered getting it.

i have enough Rodney/Alan/Element/barbara to keep me busy.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-14, 08:50 AM  
bbarbaruba

I'll be returning also

I like the concept of these workout but can't get into them. The music is not to my taste and doesn't get me pumped. The workouts seem to last an eternity. Also find the constant Shakeology inserts during and in between the workouts very annoying.
bbarbaruba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-14, 09:00 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I can see PiYo being a good stepping stone to working up to harder workouts such as ballet body, HoCo, tonique, TA. If your goal is to work on balance, pushups and plank work these would help someone develop those skills. I do think there are better workouts that help improve flexibility and posture (traditional yoga, classical stretch) or other fusion (Ellen Barrett.)

I just wish there was more to PiYo for all of Chalene's hype. My expectations were higher for these, so maybe I am to blame for thinking these would be something earth shattering, LOL.

Part of the problem with fusion style workouts is what purpose is it trying to achieve, since the focus isn't specific. It can be a mix of different disciplines, but are they enough to get the results you want? And, is it creative, fun and challenging with a motivating instructor and good music, set, etc.?

So far, I have not returned my set. But, it is an expensive lesson for me as I'm guilty of jumping on the bandwagon.

Pam

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-14, 09:33 AM  
momofcha

I feel like this is a thread of confessions

I have also returned my set. I just couldn't get into it. I felt like both the upper and lower body ones were a complete waste of my time and I didn't enjoy the extra strength workout with the slides. Her comments about getting "speed skater thighs" scared me That is not a look I aspire to have. I build very easily in my lower body and I don't need a workout geared toward building that area.

I did enjoy drench and buns, but not enough to keep the set. I have a million other workouts that will fit this need. I'm also on a CS/essentrics/KY kick and I'm getting plenty of stretching in elsewhere.

I also didn't get any paperwork, but was able to locate my order number from my email and I enclosed a note on the order and RM number.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beachbody, piyo, piyo reviews