Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-13-11, 08:12 AM  
kariev34

My story started when I was young. I was 17 y.o. (now 29) and I was sick of feeling uncomfortable in my clothes/bathing suit and feeling tired. I practically lived on fast food and was not very active as my friends and I would sit around and hang out a lot. My boyfriend at that time had a mom who would wake up at 5a.m. and walk every morning and lost 60lbs. She was motivating for me. I just thought to myself if she could do that I could and so my weight loss journey began.

I woke up every morning before school at 5 and power walked for 30 minutes. Walking then progressed to running, then went to taebo and my introduction to weights was on a total gym my mom bought for me. I stopped eating fast food but would eat it mabe once per month. I cut out junk food. Before I knew it I had taken off 35lbs which I have kept off until this day.
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-11, 08:28 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kariev34 View Post
I woke up every morning before school at 5 and power walked for 30 minutes.
Wow, that's incredible dedication, esp. for a teenager!! Well done!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-11, 11:23 AM  
Missiscipi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kariev34 View Post
My story started when I was young. I was 17 y.o. (now 29) and I was sick of feeling uncomfortable in my clothes/bathing suit and feeling tired. I practically lived on fast food and was not very active as my friends and I would sit around and hang out a lot. My boyfriend at that time had a mom who would wake up at 5a.m. and walk every morning and lost 60lbs. She was motivating for me. I just thought to myself if she could do that I could and so my weight loss journey began.

I woke up every morning before school at 5 and power walked for 30 minutes. Walking then progressed to running, then went to taebo and my introduction to weights was on a total gym my mom bought for me. I stopped eating fast food but would eat it mabe once per month. I cut out junk food. Before I knew it I had taken off 35lbs which I have kept off until this day.
Great job!
Missiscipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-11, 11:26 AM  
topfitmama

Wow kariev! That is amazing!
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-11, 11:40 AM  
kariev34

Thanks ladies! I may have lost that way but its you all and this forum that keeps me going Keep up all your hardwork.
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-11, 12:01 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Kariev you're a superstar!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-11, 12:13 PM  
Missiscipi

Oh I KNOW that this forum has been the driver for me to achieve my weightloss and has kept me maintaining. Without VF I wouldn't be close to where I am today!
Missiscipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-11, 12:22 PM  
sunday

Well, my story is not as impressive as Rozy's (wonderful job!!!), but I am nearly finished with my personal metamorphosis.

I am 46 and have always been overweight and sedentary. Two years ago, right after New Year's, something snapped, and I knew that this time would be the time I changed my body and habits for good. I started out doing only Ravi and Ana dvds because they were easy enough, moved slowly, and I could workout with my eyes closed and rest between poses. I ended up making exercise a 6-day-a-week habit and cleaned up my diet.

I have lost, so far, 43 pounds out of my goal of 47. I love to workout now and do so 6-7 days a week. The food in our household has totally changed, so I don't consider this a diet at all but a lifestyle change.

So, that's my little story.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-11, 12:24 PM  
topfitmama

Thanks for sharing, Sunday
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-11, 12:59 PM  
Jeanne Marie

I don't have a weight loss story, but wanted to say how inspirational those of you who have told your story are. Everyone is amazing!

Tags
gall bladder, inspiration, significant weight loss, success stories, success story, weight loss